Mario Party 5

I like the minigames in Mario Party 5. Mario Mechs is the best one I have played.

I couldn't remember which game they were.

I remember there being something along the lines of Platform Peril on one of the GCN Mario Parties, but don't really remember which one it was.

Pinkie Pie said:
The Party mode wasn't that bad. At least the boards' catchy, cheerful music keeps me from not playing it.

The only thing I don't really like is the capsules. How you acquire them is too randomized. And the Koopa Bank sucks.

I remember there being something along the lines of Platform Peril on one of the GCN Mario Parties, but don't really remember which one it was.

Hmmmm, I have to look it up.

The Capsule system wasn't great, but it beat candies for sure.

How come no one talks about Super Duel Mode? That mode is awesome.

That mode should have more depth to it.

I consider it fun to customize your own machine. I enjoy using the E Gadd Jets, undecided for body, and the Mr. Eye laser

I like the Mr. Eye Laser and the E. Gad Jets, but I wish the game had more depth to it.

Super Duel Mode is pretty fun and customizable. I think that's where they got that idea from Mario Kart 7. Also, I always used to think E. Gadd was unlockable in Super Duel mode since characters you couldn't play as in the Party and Mini-Game modes such as Donkey Kong and Bowser were in it and also since there was a machine based off of him.

Pinkie Pie said:
The Party mode wasn't that bad. At least the boards' catchy, cheerful music keeps me from not playing it.
The only thing I don't really like is the capsules.
For me, the capsules were kinda strategy based the way I used them. I counted the number of spaces for an accurate hypothesis for if the enemy would be most likely to land on them. Lol, there's some science in a Mario Party installment.

Baby Luigi said:
Pinkie Pie said:

Hmmmm, I have to look it up.
Daft Rafts?

Anyways, I did NOT LIKE THE CAPSULE SYSTEM. AT. ALL. I hated how like half of them can be used against you(Piranha Plant, Hammer Bro), that it was random and you have to pay to USE THEM. And I hated having to pay 40 coins if you used a flutter orb on yourself. The boards are very dull and I hated that the DK/Bowser space was on a random space and that there could potentially be more Bowser spaces.

Super Duel Mode was pretty cool, somewhat reminded me of Mario Mechs, haha.

Yoshi8984 said:
Anyways, I did NOT LIKE THE CAPSULE SYSTEM. AT. ALL. I hated how like half of them can be used against you(Piranha Plant, Hammer Bro), that it was random and you have to pay to USE THEM.

IMO, the only good one that is offensive is the Spiny Shell capsule. It lets you choose your opponents.

I have strategy for it. My friend has an item that can make me lose. I wink at my other friends and they figure out what I'm gonna do. It's a split path and he didnt know which way I went, he didnt know he could move the map to find out. i told him I was on the bottom path and so did my friends. Then when he placed it we burst out laughing because it wasnt gonna get me. I didnt win though, I got screwed over and my friend got the star before me.

Interesting tactics. Too bad I play these games with my non-existent friends, which are the CPUs.

Untitled-1.jpg

Or I just use orbs and Hope they help me. Luckily, my edge in Mini-games makes it easier for me to pay for stars.
They aren't the best at the mini-games, but sometimes I get beaten.

CPU's are pretty entertaining to play against

Baby Luigi said:
CPU's are pretty entertaining to play against
Yes, but the only friends are really have are you guys here. :'(. Anyhow, back on the subject of the thread, Mario Party 5.

LGM is a "friend" of mine. We occasionally watch an all CPU match, which is quite entertaining also.

Yeah, my siblings tend to play the videogames with me once in a while. :P. However, my copy of Mario Party 5 is broken, so I'll have to repurchase it at a place like GameStop.

That sucks. At least your data wasn't corrupted, that's an even worse story.

Well, I don't think I have the same memory card with my original data. I wouldn't mind starting over, as I always like to reply the Story Mode anyway.

Back