Mario characters with a personality?! - Fortune Street

Should more Mario games develop the personalities of Mario characters?

• Yes (it would be nice to see more personality from the characters at times)

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No (it would ruin the general feel of the characters)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Neutral (does not really matter)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Guys, I got Fortune Street. I like the game, but something really pisses me off.

In single player mode, you can play only as a fucking Mii! That's right! You can't play as a Mario character or a Dragon Quest character. What's the point of all these characters when you can't play as them?? This is unbelievable shit.

Yes, I swore. I do that rarely. That's how mad I am. I hope Miis rot in hell. They were really pushing it, and that's the last straw.

However, there's a workaround. You can play as your character in multiplayer. Just use the share Wii Remote option and make the other player "go to lunch". However, you can't unlock stuff.

:mad:

Those quotes also come from CPU players, not the character you're playing as.

Fortune Street is pretty anti-climatic from what I seen. There are no character voices in the game. Not at all :'(

BLOF, we turned off the music as well.

I don't think I'll mind playing as a Mii. Characters don't really change it. I can just try out other characters Online/with CPU's.
And the one Wii Remote thing is a nice touch, make me use less batteries. I can't wait to read all the dialouge for myself too.

You hope Mii's rot in hell? Geez, they're not that bad. I mean, they're just like customizable characters. That's what people used to always want and now nobody cares and want more stuff.

I wonder what the Mii's look like, their outfits that is. I hope they're not too wierd, but whatever.

I rather play as Mario than a Mii. A Mii trying to look like Mario is far from Mario himself.

No, I said that because people might suggest that, "Well, if Mario isn't playable, use a Mii that looks like him! Problem solved". Unlike Mario, Miis feel too generic, and they are getting shoved down our throats.

Well really, this is the first time I've seen a Mii being shoved down my throat. Most other times their optional characters, so it's nice to be able to play as them as the character instead of being that option that sort of just sits at the bottom of the character select screen.

Yes, I have heard of the Mii incident and it is very unfortunate. You see all those characters on the cover, and in the end you are stuck with the Mii. This is definitely a situation where the Miis are being shoved down the player's throat as I'm sure the majority of us would prefer to use the Mario or even the DQ characters. Are we even able to use the Mario/DQ characters in Wi-Fi? I've heard that this mode is also Mii only (unfortunately).

Fortunately, we at least get the actual characters in multiplayer mode. Costumes are definitely aren't the solution as who would want to play as a badly "cut and paste version of a character" when the actual one is already there? Miis were interesting at first to some extent; however, to see them in almost every Mario game afterwards is really starting to get tiring in my opinion.

Back