Mario Kart 7 is better than Mario Kart Wii.

amirite?

• Agree

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Bikes were okay, but they shouldn't come back. I admit it's a bad idea, even though I liked some of the bikes. I think having personal karts or customizable karts (DS/7) is a better way to go.

Crackin355 said:
And I don't think the time limit on choosing characters and parts is that bad that it takes away the experience of it. It's just to get all the people who take 2 minutes to choose to hurry up.

I just felt it completely unnecessary in local play since we have the ability to communicate directly with one another.

Bikes were okay, but they shouldn't come back. I admit it's a bad idea, even though I liked some of the bikes. I think having personal karts or customizable karts (DS/7) is a better way to go.

Bikes WERE a good idea. The ability to wheelie + inward drifting? Not much.

The idea of characters all having the same kart/bikes in wieght classes was IMO an absolutely horrible idea. I could put up with it, but I'd rather it much more not to have happened.

Crackin355 said:
The idea of characters all having the same kart/bikes in wieght classes was IMO an absolutely horrible idea. I could put up with it, but I'd rather it much more not to have happened.

I semi-agree with you on that. On one side, I like to use big fat, threatening karts using Lightweights (ala Bruiser in Mario Kart 7 while using Toad). On the other side, I would like some more uniqueness in kart decisions due to weight class like in Mario Kart Double Dash.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

I semi-agree with you on that. On one side, I like to use big fat, threatening karts using Lightweights (ala Bruiser in Mario Kart 7 while using Toad). On the other side, I would like some more uniqueness in kart decisions due to weight class like in Mario Kart Double Dash.

Perhaps something like...

Bolt Buggy S
Bolt Buggy M
Bolt Buggy L

Three different Bolt Buggy variants, which are compatible with three different size classes; the Bolt Buggy S would have a smaller frame than the Bolt Buggy L.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of how Mario Kart DS had karts for certain characters. And if you were to implement customization, you could be allowed to mix and match parts of each kart. So for example; Mario has a Kart made of three parts that is unique to him, but by using the custmization option, you could mix and match parts to your liking. Or it could be an unlockable feature, kind of like how in MKDS if you beat it, you could choose any kart for any character.

Crackin355 said:
Yeah it was wrong. Yoshi on the Royal Racer.

Yoshidude99 said:
Crackin355 said:
Yeah it was wrong. Yoshi on the Royal Racer.

My sister slapped Mario into the birthday girl and that was hilarious!

Baby Luigi said:

What's even more hilarious is that all the male characters get Princess Peach's personal Birthday Girl kart body.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

What's even more hilarious is that all the male characters get Princess Peach's personal Birthday Girl kart body.

Along with the Peach Parasol. Sadly my sister has yet to unlock (I have, though) and that would be totally complete, even though the Flower Glider is making her happy.

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

Along with the Peach Parasol. Sadly my sister has yet to unlock (I have, though) and that would be totally complete, even though the Flower Glider is making her happy.

I liked Mario Kart Wii more. With some replacing models, I can make Mario drive on Toadette's quacker wearing hot pink.

The multiplayer in Mario Kart Wii is enjoyable, more so than Mario Kart 7's crappy system of online-like local multiplayer. What gives with the time limit in kart selection? Can we communicate to hurry up instead of the game forcing us so? And why can't we reshuffle the CPUs without starting the match? These options bugged me.

Reshuffle CPU's? So, have different CPU's each match? Does it matter what CPU's there are? And yes, We've already heard about the local time limit, but those are all little things that don't hurt the experience.

Crackin355 said:
Does it matter what CPU's there are?

To us, LGM and I, yes it matters.

My sister and I love targeting Wario. If Wario doesn't show up, we can't go back. We have to start the match, end it early, and restart the whole process.

The local time limit also appears when we finish one match. Also, the Mario Kart 7 system prevents us from pausing at the middle of a match (the pause screen shows up, but the match is still going) OR before we finish all the matches to earn the trophy. It's a pain in the butt. Why can't we pause the game at any time in multiplayer? It makes sense to be unable to pause in online, but in local multiplayer? Nintendo logic tramples everything here.

Sorry for the impromptu mini rant.

Yeah, but I rather no pausing actually. There are some people who are pains in the ass and continue pressing pause in games. Expample: NSMBWii, Any Racing Game, any game that can use the Home Button.

Do the "Only P1 can pause" system. Problem solve.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I liked Mario Kart Wii more. With some replacing models, I can make Mario drive on Toadette's quacker wearing hot pink.

The multiplayer in Mario Kart Wii is enjoyable, more so than Mario Kart 7's crappy system of online-like local multiplayer. What gives with the time limit in kart selection? Can we communicate to hurry up instead of the game forcing us so? And why can't we reshuffle the CPUs without starting the match? These options bugged me.

Model swaps don't affect vehicle stats, however. At least Mario Kart 7 actually shows stat differences if different characters use the exact same combo.

Only P1 pausing is better than no pausing at all.

Yeah at least you don't have to worry about the 3DS running out of battery and making you suck in races like I did in MKWii

Back