We need a new Donkey Kong game on the 3DS

I think it's bound to happen sooner or later. If/when it comes to exist, here's hoping it won't be a disappointment like Returns was.

Solar Blaze said:
I think it's bound to happen sooner or later. If/when it comes to exist, here's hoping it won't be a disappointment like Returns was.

How was Returns a disappointment (exclusion of Kremlings isn't a valid reason)?

Solar Blaze said:
+1, I think it was Overrated

Maybe not the 3Ds, we need a Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 and we need to DEMAND IT. I don't know why gamers don't threaten boycotts to get the companies to give them what they want.

1+ to Mario4Ever's side Returns was amazing, it was really hard and had some of the best looking levels ever and they are just as great as they look.

Yes I would really want to have a remake for Donkey Kong 64 on it. Maybe Retro could out-Rare.

If there is going to be a Donkey Kong game on the 3DS, it would probably be developed by Rare since they can only make games on Nintendo's handhelds.

Pinkie Pie said:
If there is going to be a Donkey Kong game on the 3DS, it would probably be developed by Rare since they can only make games on Nintendo's handhelds.
Which is gay. Rare should go back to Nintendo I will never forgive those greedy motherless fucks at Microsoft for buying them out and then not having them doing anything. they've denied me 10 years of Donkey Kong 64 2s and Banjo-Kazooies. Bill Gates I hope you suffer in eternal torment.

Marwikedor said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Which is gay. Rare should go back to Nintendo I will never forgive those greedy motherless fucks at Microsoft for buying them out and then not having them doing anything. they've denied me 10 years of Donkey Kong 64 2s and Banjo-Kazooies. Bill Gates I hope you suffer in eternal torment.

To be fair, the Stamper brothers (Rare founders) sold their 51% share in Rare to Microsoft, and Nintendo sold the other 49% afterward. It was Rare's decision.

I would like a remake of Donkey Kong 64 onto the 3DS

^ Definitely

I want a new Donkey Kong too, maybe a 3-D one like DK64. I just hope it would contain some more familiar characters.

I'd like a Donkey Kong game where Donkey Kong and King K. Rool team up against another villain. Other fictional heroes have teamed up with their arch-enemies to fight a bigger threat, (Mario and Bowser, Sonic and Robotnik/Eggman, Ash and Team Rocket, Kirby and King Dedede, heck, even the Ninja Turtles teamed up with the Shredder's minions on a few occasions) I don't see why DK and K. Rool should get left out.

I think they all teamed up to defeat Tabuu.

I think that the subseries depends on the frequency, if you're not talking there would be "one" DK game in 3DS era

Mario4Ever said:
How was Returns a disappointment (exclusion of Kremlings isn't a valid reason)?
I thought it was disappointing, due to the fact that it claimed to be the series' "return" (as the title says), and yet it excluded so many things that made the series so grand in the first place. Aside from the lack of Kremlings, these are the following problems I had with the game:

-There were no (playable) Animal Buddies in the game other than Rambi.
-All characters in the supporting Kong cast (besides Cranky) were removed.
-No water levels (this kind of falls into the same category as the Animal Buddies fiasco, since Enguarde was what I liked most about them).
-A lot of the songs in the game were pretty bland, boring, and unmemorable, aside from the remixed tracks and a few others.
-The bonus stages in the game were way too repetitive. Compared to the previous games, there was not a lot of variety.
-The "tag" system, where it was possible to switch between the two Kongs, was removed.
-The storyline, as well as the final boss was a complete disappointment.
-The game almost entirely disregarded what later games (after the first one) brought to the series.

There are more, but these are some of the best examples I could think of. Like I said sometime ago, it's like they hardly had the actual fanbase in mind while developing the game. It seems to me as if they were far more focused on pleasing anti-DKC fanboys than anyone else. I guess their opinions apparently mattered more than everyone else's.

Solar Blaze said:
I thought it was disappointing, due to the fact that it claimed to be the series' "return" (as the title says), and yet it excluded so many things that made the series so grand in the first place. Aside from the lack of Kremlings, these are the following problems I had with the game:
it's offtopic since there's another topic talking about Returns

except some playabilities that aren't good for this game, I think if it's just an experimant of make 2D series "return", some details including past levels and characters are simplized and they can be adjusted in the next DK main game. Also in official story details, NSMB and Mario 3D are more unforgivable than DK.

It will happen. DK has had at least one major entry per console not counting remakes/ports (before anyone says it, yes, GBA also did with King of Swing and DS too with Jungle Climber).

I agree with Returns being a dissapointment, but in my opinion it was not because of the lack of Kremlings. It was the controls and physics. Dear god, having to roll shaking the wiimote was a pain specially in time attack, turning even while WALKING seemed like DK was skidding on ice, no continuous roll unless you had Diddy, etc. All these nitpicks killed the game for me, although I know it´s because I´m the completionist type and this control and physics "details" can seriously hinder you in time attacks where you´re required to have extreme precision. I know that for non competitive players, these aren´t even flaws, but for a perfectionist like me, it caused so much frustration that I can´t call it a masterpiece, in all honestly. Ditching almost every character and gameplay mechanic from the games this was supossedly paying homage didn´t help, specially when, in exchange, you get re-used gimmicks and concepts over and over, like 1/4 of the game being mine cart and rocket barrel levels.

Back