Whatever happened to intelligent posting?

Noahp89

Blooper
Banned User
I am making this thread to comment on the lack of intelligence around the board lately. This is not addressed at one particular member of the forum, but I wanted to ask some of you.. why do you post trash all over the forum? A couple of years ago before I was banned, Mindless Junk was trashy, of course, but the junk didn't stray from that forum all that much.
Discuss.

I do agree with Noah here. I know MJ is just for fun, but still. A LOT of STUPID stuff is posted there. I know I know, you can say "Well don't go to MJ anymore--simple as that"
Well I want to be able to enjoy MJ without the STUPID stuff...it used to be FUN.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
I do agree with Noah here. I know MJ is just for fun, but still. A LOT of STUPID stuff is posted there. I know I know, you can say "Well don't go to MJ anymore--simple as that"
Well I want to be able to enjoy MJ without the STUPID stuff...it used to be FUN.
I'm not only talking about Mindless Junk- but the whole board. Like this , for example.

I think it's been relocated to controversial threads.

The Marioverse doesn't really have much stupid posting. I think what you're referring to is Off-Topic Discussion, which many people seem to mistake as a less serious place to post stuff on because it says, "Off-Topic".

Noah said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:
I'm not only talking about Mindless Junk- but the whole board. Like this , for example.
A lot of these are specific users, and not a board-wide epidemic of lousy posts. I do agree that there's a good deal of horrible posts, but I try to make intelligent posts most of the time. I don't have any smart suggestions for you, except to maybe start pointing out unintelligent posts.

What I'm trying to say is, when I was originally here, there was more of a "boundary" between the behavior people used in Off Topic and MJ.
Also, Bop: I wasn't referring to you: as far as I can tell you're one of the few users who actually does make intelligent posts.

Don't you guys mean "serious" posting? I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as "intelligent".

Noah said:
What I'm trying to say is, when I was originally here, there was more of a "boundary" between the behavior people used in Off Topic and MJ.
Also, Bop: I wasn't referring to you: as far as I can tell you're one of the few users who actually does make intelligent posts.
Well thank you, I appreciate it.

Baby Luigi said:
Don't you guys mean "serious" posting? I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as "intelligent".
As in "With thought beforehand as to the content, spelling, grammar, phrasing, logic, and rhetoric of the post", at least as far as I'm concerned.

Baby Luigi said:
[quote author=Lord Ghirahim]
As in "With thought beforehand as to the content, spelling, grammar, phrasing, logic, and rhetoric of the post", at least as far as I'm concerned.
[/quote]

I'm sure there is thought beforehand most of the time...it's just blatantly disregarded in favor of incredibly stupid shit.

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:
Lord Ghirahim said:

I'm sure there is thought beforehand most of the time...it's just blatantly disregarded in favor of incredibly stupid *bleep*.
Touche, there's no way for us to know if they didn't think or just ignored the logical thoughts when things like that happen.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:
Lord Ghirahim said:

I'm sure there is thought beforehand most of the time...it's just blatantly disregarded in favor of incredibly stupid *bleep*.
Touche, there's no way for us to know if they didn't think or just ignored the logical thoughts when things like that happen.
Agreed. There may have been thought put into the thread, but if so the thought went towards an incredibly stupid purpose.

Again, the only place where I truly noticed the immature posts outside of Mindless Junk was Off-Subject Discussion. Sometimes, the place where I post in (usually Marioverse) has its set of trash but the discussion is mostly serious.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Yeah Mindless Junk used to be fun to go into, now I see so many stupid random threads that barely get any posts in them.
You are expecting an oxymoron from an entire board there. Mindless Junk tolerates these topics and posts, but not other boards.

Baby Luigi said:
Again, the only place where I truly noticed the immature posts outside of Mindless Junk was Off-Subject Discussion. Sometimes, the place where I post in (usually Marioverse) has its set of trash but the discussion is mostly serious.
Maybe so, but there should be more of a defining line between MJ and OT.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:
Yeah Mindless Junk used to be fun to go into, now I see so many stupid random threads that barely get any posts in them.
You are expecting an oxymoron from an entire board there. Mindless Junk tolerates these topics and posts, but not other boards.
Yes but when I post stuff in Off Subject Discussion, I get shitposters in my "For the Guys" thread. It isn't in MJ...

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:
Yes but when I post stuff in Off Subject Discussion, I get *bleep*posters in my "For the Guys" thread. It isn't in MJ...
Then that's violating rules I believe.

I think the Mindless Junk destroys brain cells.

Okay, but on the more serious note, I avoid that place now. It's just unfunny and disgusting sometimes. The worst part is, the users that usually post trash are the same users that respond in a very arrogant manner no matter what post it is.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I think the Mindless Junk destroys brain cells.

Okay, but on the more serious note, I avoid that place now. It's just unfunny and disgusting sometimes. The worst part is, the users that usually post trash are the same users that respond in a very arrogant manner no matter what post it is.
Totally agree with the unfunny part. You are so right!

Stop taking everything so personally- this wasn't about you, but rather the forum in general.

-____________-

Seriously? Just ignore the freaking posts that are "unintelligent". Really, there's not much to complain about. It's not really that important, and not every single post is going to be "Intelligent" or whatever. No need to make a big deal over it. >_>

/rant

(this post was more directed at the OP then anything else by the way)

Back