Whatever happened to intelligent posting?

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
I think the Mindless Junk destroys brain cells.

Okay, but on the more serious note, I avoid that place now. It's just unfunny and disgusting sometimes. The worst part is, the users that usually post trash are the same users that respond in a very arrogant manner no matter what post it is.
Totally agree with the unfunny part. You are so right!

Pinkie Pie said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
I think the Mindless Junk destroys brain cells.

Okay, but on the more serious note, I avoid that place now. It's just unfunny and disgusting sometimes. The worst part is, the users that usually post trash are the same users that respond in a very arrogant manner no matter what post it is.
Totally agree with the unfunny part. You are so right!
NOBODY WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU, BUT RATHER IN GENERAL

Pinkie Pie said:
No u.

Gosh NQ, no need to be so harsh to me especially having to swear at me. :'(.

She didn't swear at you. She used a swear in a post directed at you, but the swear itself was not.

Mario4Ever said:
Pinkie Pie said:
No u.

Gosh NQ, no need to be so harsh to me especially having to swear at me. :'(.

She didn't swear at you. She used a swear in a post directed at you, but the swear itself was not.
Yeah UM, I didn't swear at you at all. You shouldn't take things personally when your name wasn't mentioned.

Plenty of misinterpreting posts or not reading carefully, huh?

I agree that the forums hasn't been in its best shape of intelligence back as it used to be. However, I am assuming that it is because the MJ board has been maintaining a dominance over the forum lately as it appears to be the area where topics are most populated these days around this forum. While it is alright to have some fun here and there, I believe we have overexceeded the limit with these "mindless" topics in the recent days as there has been quite a few harsh topics lately (some of which caused some users to attempt to leave I presume).

I think that the best solution is for the users to just take a bit more initiative in that populated board as the rest of the forum seems to be well mannered and stable. I still believe that our community is among one of the more friendlier ones on the net, so I am sure that we can fix this problem in no time. Also Noah, I remember your "attempt to be mature" thread in MJ from the other day. I don't know if you knew; but, I was actually serious about this topic there as I too noticed this issue as well lately.

@Propeller Toad--I'm glad you see this too. I do understand that there should be a place for "fun and goofiness" however, I see a huge increase in threads that just "copy and tease" other users. For example, many of the "Count..." threads are just making fun of someone else.
And don't even get me started on these ATTN: threads---Just PM that specific person if you want to tell them something. These really are pointless and can be sent as PMs not set up as ATTN: threads.

I agree with the part of MJ where you can just have fun, but I don't like what all the people are doing, making fun of other people, like whats happening to MSS.

Epic Nitwit said:
I agree with the part of MJ where you can just have fun, but I don't like what all the people are doing, making fun of other people, like whats happening to MSS.

Yeah I feel bad for him. I don't know what he did, it must have not even been that bad. And as someone else pointed out, it IS the arrogant ones who are doing the teasing.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Epic Nitwit said:

Yeah I feel bad for him. I don't know what he did, it must have not even been that bad. And as someone else pointed out, it IS the arrogant ones who are doing the teasing.

First, he made threads about releasing MSS in Europe and Australia. Second, he made lots of personal threads about stuff like his teaching assistant and his friends. Third, he got really annoyed about people copying his thread titles, and then started saying that the forum fails.

Yeah I do have to admit those threads were a little....dumb....but come on, how mature is it to make fun of someone by repeatedly copying his/her threads? I know someone said it was "harmless and just for fun" but some people are just really sensitive and do take things personally.

Postin in a troll thread.

Propeller Toad said:
I agree that the forums hasn't been in its best shape of intelligence back as it used to be. However, I am assuming that it is because the MJ board has been maintaining a dominance over the forum lately as it appears to be the area where topics are most populated these days around this forum. While it is alright to have some fun here and there, I believe we have overexceeded the limit with these "mindless" topics in the recent days as there has been quite a few harsh topics lately (some of which caused some users to attempt to leave I presume).

I think that the best solution is for the users to just take a bit more initiative in that populated board as the rest of the forum seems to be well mannered and stable. I still believe that our community is among one of the more friendlier ones on the net, so I am sure that we can fix this problem in no time. Also Noah, I remember your "attempt to be mature" thread in MJ from the other day. I don't know if you knew; but, I was actually serious about this topic there as I too noticed this issue as well lately.
Exactly. Also, yes, I did notice that you weren't being a joker in that topic.

It was worse back when I joined. Noah is just wearing nostalgia goggles.

MJ is ok for fun, and yes it does tend to go off topic more.
But I hate it when LOADS OF PEOPLE MAKE THE SAME SPAMMY THREAD, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Back