Name some of your fears/phobias

I don't like heights, but I can go up high still. It's sort of a half phobia. I will only go up high if I know I'm absolutely safe. So Tightope things with the safety ropes are good. I had fun with those on School Camp.

I have all the run-of-the-mill fears, but I do have some more severe ones you could say are phobias:

~Heights. I don't care what is supporting me, if there isn't a solid floor or ground at the most ten feet below me, I start flipping out. Bridges, ladders, planes, etc. Which leads into my next fear.

~Elevators. OH DEAR LORD. This is probably actually number one. I know it's certainly more complicated than this, but my mind thinks of it as being in a box on a string. I always assume the worst when I step in an elevator, thinking irrational things like "It's going to fall" or "We'll get stuck between floors," etc. Usually I put an insane death grip on the railing and I take the stairs any time they're accessible.

~Anything with upwards of four legs. Insects, arachnids, centipedes, millipedes. Take your pick. I am terrified of them.

Rainbow Dash said:
Professor Genki said:
And im scared of dying young
Don't we all do?
Actually, I would rather die in mid-life if I'd lived a good life until then. Not that I'm opposed to living long, but dying really just doesn't seem that horrifying as long as you've done something with your life first.

I'm scared of being alive when my parents die. I wouldn't be able to take it. So dying young wouldn't be a problem for me.

Unless it's very very painful, thats another fear. I wanna die instantly, with no pain, just, bam, dead.

EDIT: Oh, and also, Biscuits. The Water kind. Their like a Donut you sit in while the boat drives. I had fun with them the first time but then my friends dad started going faster until he went really fast and it was too much for me. Ever since then, I've had a fear of going in a Biscuit with my friends dad driving the boat. Which is why I'm having trouble choosing to go to my friends birthday at the lake where we go biscuiting all day then sleep there and biscuit the next day. Which sounds like hell. Whats the point of going if I wont enjoy myself, right?

Two more fears I recently re-discovered in myself.

1. The fear of random monsters attacking you when you are not looking in 3D Zelda games. The worst one are the disembodied hands in the Forest Temple (after adult) in the Orcarina of Time.

2. The fear of disembodied hands for the reason aforementioned.

Other fear I re-realised that I had. I have a great fear of not having a 'free back', which means that I have to sit with my back as close to a wall as possible. I don't really know why I am having this fear, but I sure am having it.

I'm afraid of floating red fetuses, giant heads that one should beware because it lives, and bouncing smiley faces that talk like robots.

DJ FLUTT3RSHY said:
Spiders crawling in my bed.
Cozy. I'm not kidding here, because I actually like spiders.

And, to add something here: Icey slopes IRL. They make me feel uneasy, and I always trek lightly whenever I'm walking on them.

Slopes in general. If it's a straight diagonal slope, I fear it. I can try going up it but it just makes me feel uneasy, especially since gripping one is hard. I just think I'll fall and hurt myself.

DJ FLUTT3RSHY said:
Kazooie said:
DJ FLUTT3RSHY said:
Spiders crawling in my bed.
Cozy. I'm not kidding here, because I actually like spiders.
Well, if they are in captivity, they are pretty cool.
If I know that any eventual poison they might use against me isn't lethal, then I also like them even if they aren't in captivity. I've seriously had three spiders on my body at once, and I sure as hell wasn't complaining about it.
Weird. I seem to like cats and spiders, but not any other animal(Toucans not included). I wonder why this is.

Nothing really, but that something bad happens to my family. If my whole family died, I coild just jump off the bridge myself too.

I recently discovered that I am horribly frightened of frostbite, for whatever reason. It's odd because I like the cold...

I'm also scared of mental diseases and such that could change my personality or paralyze me or such. I guess I just want control of myself, you know?

Dr. Javelin said:
I'm also scared of mental diseases and such that could change my personality or paralyze me or such. I guess I just want control of myself, you know?

*goes to see if that's in the DSM IV* It's not...fascinating.

Flubber said:
Nothing really, but that something bad happens to my family. If my whole family died, I coild just jump off the bridge myself too.

That's the same with me, but if my Mum died first. I fear I'd do something like that earlier on.

Arachnophobia. Doors. Helicopters lurking nearby. The governments and people watching the internet and whatever we do and miscellaneous paranioa.

Back