-King Boo
-Rosalina
-Funky Kong
-Dry Bowser
-Wiggler
-Honey Queen
-Petey Piranha (returning)
-Lubba (new)

Why did you put DKJr, he's on my list of characters I never want to see again in my life.

Same, and we already have Baby DK now.

The Chimp is not known enough to appear (at least I remembered Queen Bee but not him) .

I don't know if Funky Kong is a good idea, we have seen enough Funky Kong + Bowser Bike abuse.

The Chimp is too minor. I still prefer Kamek to be a character instead of a generic Magikoopa

NSY said:
Metal Mario was the most random character that was out on the roster, why did he get put on the roster insead of Waluigi.
Uh, so nobody said Waluigi was replaced. I remebered that Toadette and Birdo didn't appear in Kart 7 as well.

NSY said:
Why did you put DKJr, he's on my list of characters I never want to see again in my life.

Because he was the original racing Kong in the very first Mario Kart, because he hasn't been playable for 12 years already and because he's way better than the bunch of useless Kongs (Dixie, Tiny, Candy, etc).

Anser said:
NSY said:

Because he was the original racing Kong in the very first Mario Kart, because he hasn't been playable for 12 years already and because he's way better than the bunch of useless Kongs (Dixie, Tiny, Candy, etc).
No I think Dixie is better

YoshiGo99 said:
Anser said:
NSY said:

No I think Dixie is better

I don't.

Baby Luigi said:
Make the Metal Box an item instead and that would be cool. Or heck, make Metal Mario Mario's alternate costume.

:) Oooo, alternate costumes! There's an idea!
Okay, so I haven't put much thought into it, but here goes. (a question mark next to a character means I'm not sure on the weight class)

Small/Light
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Paratroopa *returning
Dry Bones
Shy Guy
Boo *newcomer ***
Baby Rosalina *newcomer **debut
Small Mii

Medium
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Hammer Bro.(?) *newcomer
Kamek(?) *newcomer
Dixie Kong *newcomer
Koopa Kid(?) *newcomer
Medium Mii

Large/Heavy
Wario
Waluigi(?)
Donkey Kong
Bowser
King Boo
Petey Piranha *returning
Funky Kong
Dry Bowser
Rosalina(?) (accomponied by Luma ;) )
Honey Queen
Wiggler(?)
Pianta *newcomer

***Pink Boo would replace Boo as an item

Now keep in mind, this roster is just a quick brainstorm a meer fan. So please don't get all mad if I put in someone you don't want near the spotlight, or left out somebody you want in the races.

Okay, so it's probably obvious that some characters got put into the mix because I couldn't think of any others (Dixie Kong, Koopa Kid, Pianta, I'm looking at you). I'm sure there are better ones out there that managed to avoid my thought pattern. Ones that I thought of I couldn't imagine a warm reception for. eg: Koopalings (yes, I actually thought people would hate the Koopalings racing. Silly me!) for medium; and instead of Pianta, the only Heavy/Large nominee that managed to slip in my noggin was Gooper Blooper :eek:

Anser said:
It depends on what the official story outline the staff give now. We know Diddy, Dixie sisters and other kongs are the present main characters, while DK Jr is a historical term that can't be used again like Peach's father or Bowser's wife due to contradictions.

If you really hope so, the staff need to let the present "DK's father" appear in the next DK Country, and then give a Baby "DK's father" in another Yoshi game and make him an important character. This would cost time.

And according to that the staff always make unbalanced rosters, I don't see how you regard "uselessness".

J-Yoshi64 said:
Okay, so it's probably obvious that some characters got put into the mix because I couldn't think of any others (Dixie Kong, Koopa Kid, Pianta, I'm looking at you). I'm sure there are better ones out there that managed to avoid my thought pattern. Ones that I thought of I couldn't imagine a warm reception for. eg: Koopalings (yes, I actually thought people would hate the Koopalings racing. Silly me!) for medium; and instead of Pianta, the only Heavy/Large nominee that managed to slip in my noggin was Gooper Blooper
Really? Not to consider other subseries (Wario, Paper), at least I don't see Kamek, Pauline and Gaddhere.

Koopalings are due to their group appearances, unless the staff consider to assign them in seven different spinoffs and take turns.
And I guess there wouldn't be so many choices in another roster, unless some species and characters from Kart 6 wont be in Kart 8.

I do think Dixie is a better choice than Funky.

NSY said:
I do think Dixie is a better choice than Funky.
Me too.

Would like to see E. Gadd and Mona (this last is very unlikely :-\)

About the course list... I have some ideas:

Peach Circuit: will be placed in a Star-Festival style Toad Town, with Peach's Castle in the background
Diamond City (this would be perfect if they include some Warioware character in the game, Mona maybe ;) )
Yoshi Beach: (don't know why Nintendo didn't make a Yoshi-themed beach course yet :p , some SMW reference in this course would be nice, e.g. Yoshi's House in the background :) )
Rogueport (yep Paper Mario TTYD :D)
Koopa Water Park: self-explanatory title :p In some parts of this course, the players will race in giants water slide. (the water flow will speed the karts just like in Koopa Cape)
King Boo's Hauted House: a rececourse inside a ghost house. In the basement, there will be a haunted merry-go-round (the course music will fade to the SM64 merry-go-round theme in here ;D)
Diddy Kong's Mines (kind of Wario's Gold Mine, but DK-themed and only inside a cave.)

Obvious courses:
Mario Circuit
Luigi Circuit
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road (this time set in a daytime sky, just like in Rolling Coaster Galaxy)

Luigi Circuit isn't necessarily obvious. It wasn't in SMK, Super Circuit, DS (not counting Retro), or 7.

Magikrazy said:
Luigi Circuit isn't necessarily obvious. It wasn't in SMK, Super Circuit, DS (not counting Retro), or 7.
Yeah, I know ;D But in all MK consoles except SMK, there is a Luigi Circuit. So, I supposed it would be there... hehe

Cirdec said:
- Baby Wario (New)
- Baby Waluigi (New, first appearance)
It will result in public outrage because many other main characters (Dixie, Kamke, Pauline etc) haven't entered Kart or other spinoffs. Creating new characters isn't allowed and appropriate.

Also one game can only have several representives from a subseries (Yoshi). If you want other babies (baby Wario, Bowser, Yoshi) playable, other babies from Kart 6 have to be absent in Kart 8.

NSY said:
My opinion in Cirdec's roster:
- Baby Daisy (NO)
That's also an opinion in the official roster, right?

Dorayaki said:
Creating new characters isn't allowed and appropriate.
Then explain Toadette and Lakitu (the character).

Both were created for Mario Kart, and both generally well-liked.

Magikrazy said:
Then explain Toadette and Lakitu (the character).
Both were created for Mario Kart, and both generally well-liked.
Toadette to me was an okay addition if she should have been a guide character in NSMB series.
And I don't know what's the meaning of Lakitu (the character), since there was a guy and his girlfriend in Paper Mario 64.

Generally we do hope the main characters have more things to do with mainstream games, not just "spinoff regulars".
And not all characters created by spinoffs (eg, club athletes) can be recurring or popular. Waluigi and Toadette are mostly because their status relate to the story or other charaters.

Back