Sony shamelessly rips of Smash Bros.

In all seriousness, the idea of crossover fighting game doesn't belong to Nintendo, so, unless it's really similar in some other ways, it's probably not ripping that off.

Pinkie Pie said:
Well, sure Sony has a variety of franchises, but I've actually never seen any games that they actually developed.

Sony did have an internal developement which mostly produced sport games (and shit), but the deal is that they own a ridiculous number of studios worldwide. Beside, being "directly" developed doesn't mean a damn in the context of crossover fighters - otherwise Kirby, Pokemon and Mother should be discounted from Smash Bros. since their developers were third-parties bought by Nintendo.

Barring differences in taste, they have [...] Valkyria Chronicles,

that was developed and published by Sega (and the IP is owned by them, not Sony) so that's not a good example, though.

Glowsquid said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Well, sure Sony has a variety of franchises, but I've actually never seen any games that they actually developed.

Sony did have an internal developement which mostly produced sport games (and shit), but the deal is that they own a ridiculous number of studios worldwide. Beside, being "directly" developed doesn't mean a damn in the context of crossover fighters - otherwise Kirby, Pokemon and Mother should be discounted from Smash Bros. since their developers were third-parties bought by Nintendo.
Oh, I never knew. Besides though, I didn't say Sony wasn't allowed to use their 2nd party characters. :P.

Glowsquid said:
that was developed and published by Sega (and the IP is owned by them, not Sony) so that's not a good example, though.
Oh, right... You know, I even knew that too. I threw them in because they're PlayStation exclusives, sorry.

I made a topic on this a while back but whatever.

The game could be interesting but most of the characters would be mainly guns and stuff.

Crackin355 said:
The game could be interesting but most of the characters would be mainly guns and stuff.
I didn't know guns counted as characters. Also, you're full of shit; Sony makes more than just shooters, you know.

Glowsquid said:
Beside, being "directly" developed doesn't mean a @#!*% in the context of crossover fighters - otherwise Kirby, Pokemon and Mother should be discounted from Smash Bros. since their developers were third-parties bought by Nintendo.

Doesn't HAL also make SSB?

But I agree with the people saying that Sony isn't ripping of Nintendo.

I know, but you can't deny that theres an overflow of shooters. Games like Uncharted are fine, since they're not purely shooter. The story in those games are pretty amazing too. I still stick to Zelda though.

Ned Kelly said:
Crackin355 said:
I didn't know guns counted as characters. Also, you're full of shit; Sony makes more than just shooters, you know.

And you know what I meant so quit the smartass act.

I just explained why i said it. now, I'm not full of shit, so don't rage and insult people randomly when they state an opinion.

What, KillZone, Resistance, SOCOM and MAG compared to inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Fat Princess, Ico, Sly Cooper, God of War, Demon's Souls, Medievil, Ape Escape, and Twisted Metal? And I didn't even list all of their non-shooters there. That's what you call an "overflow of shooters"? Really?

Maybe if you thought your comments through a little better, I wouldn't have to tell you to think before you post.

It's a shame Sony lost IP on Crash Bandicoot. He (and others from the series) would have been perfect for such a game.

I meant, alot of games that come out nowadays are shooters. The occasional non-shooter comes out or the older non-shooter games there were. You listed the games you thought would make good franchises. I never talked about them except Uncharted. I was talking about shooters in general. There is alot fo them lately.

Maybe if you read my comment through a little better, I wouldn't have to correct you.

Oh, so your comment just had nothing to do with Sony or their franchises and thus was completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand? That's great! Now stop posting so we can get back to talking about this crossover game.

Gun Games have characters, characters can be used. See what I was going at? If Sony dpesnt particularly make the games or whatever they do, theyre gonna take characters from series that are on the PS3. there are alot of gun games lately for the PS3. Alot of choices can go to characters that will have Guns in their moveset.

You may think I'm just some shitty little kid, but if I'm making myself look that way, you're just making yourself look like you think your better than everybody. You probably dont think that, but thats the way it rubs off in your posts.

Plus, My first post was to say that I already had made a topic about this game a couple of weeks ago, but I didnt want to say just that, I wanted to put in MY opinion. see, never said yours. Mine. My Opinion on the matter.

Crackin355 said:
Gun Games have characters, characters can be used. See what I was going at? If Sony dpesnt particularly make the games or whatever they do, theyre gonna take characters from series that are on the PS3. there are alot of gun games lately for the PS3. Alot of choices can go to characters that will have Guns in their moveset.
'Gun Games'? Really? What are you even saying anymore? That Sony can steal characters from franchises they don't own just because they're on the PlayStation 3? Licensing doesn't work that way; if it did, then Bomberman would be able to appear in a Smash Bros. game because his games appear on a Nintendo console. But that's not how it works, so your point is moot. Although I'm not even sure if that's your point anymore since you aren't even making any sense.

Crackin355 said:
You may think I'm just some shitty little kid, but if I'm making myself look that way, you're just making yourself look like you think your better than everybody. You probably dont think that, but thats the way it rubs off in your posts.
I know how pretentious and arrogant I seem; nay, am. I don't care. I'm right and you're wrong on this matter, so excuse me for not doubting everything I say.

Plus, My first post was to say that I already had made a topic about this game a couple of weeks ago, but I didnt want to say just that, I wanted to put in MY opinion. see, never said yours. Mine. My Opinion on the matter.
What opinion? You stated that almost all the characters Sony own would mainly use guns, which is incorrect. So I corrected you. Simple as that. See? We're reaching an understanding now!

I'm not even gonna bother trying to show you what my viewpoint on the situation is. I tried explaining it but it didnt seem to get through. I tried writing why i thought that and I knew it was pretty logical, I never said all the characters, but the choices they have, most of them have guns. Of course, there were those without them but compared to shooters (I said shooters isntead of Gun games? Happy now? I said it differently before. Fucking big deal). They do have their choices of non-shooters, but PS3 Exclusive shooters are still there. and there is still alot. To get some characters they'd just have to ask the company if they can use them. if they say yes, they have a character, if they dont, the character cant really be put in.

That was my Opinion. now, before I get more pissed off because you continue to attack my opinion, I'm going to stop posting here and just ignore you. Just because you think you're right doesnt mean you have the right to attack others opinions.

2522.gif

Hey, he ragequit. In my eyes, that makes this stupid argument worth it.

Yoshidude99 said:
Then Nintendo ripped of Sonic the Fighters first.
SSB is very different from Sonic.
Heh, this isn't as bad as Playstation Move. Still appalled that they would have the heart to do that.

Back