The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Have I complained about Piccolo getting shafted yet? Because holy shit. This must be how Gohan fans feel.

I was so hyped for Piccolo beating Frost. My favorite character was pulling out all the tricks. Stretchy arms, multi-form, and of course the Makankosappo. He was gonna win, but Frost just had to be a dirty cheater and poison Piccolo. Then Piccolo nearly dies again, but Frost has to forfeit. So I was hyped for Piccolo to fight the next guy. But nope, Vegeta still holds a grudge against Freeza's race in general and tells Piccolo to forfeit and let Frost back in so he can fight Frost himself. And Piccolo just agrees to.

Just goes to show that if you're not named Goku or Vegeta, you don't get a cool fight.

That Awkward Dude said:
Did anyone else notice that the weights for the characters in this show seem off? Yamcha is 6 feet tall and only 150 pounds. Goku is 5'9" and only like 135 pounds. Vegeta somehow weighs less than Trunks(who I could actually believe being 132 pounds at 5'7"). Even at 5'3", Vegeta should be like 150. Tien only weighs 165 pounds at 6'2"
Ox King's height was confusing in dragon Ball/Z. He was a giant in some and in other times he was the size of Piccolo or sligtly shorter. So far in Super he is large but not gigantic.

As for the Piccolo vs Frost fight. While he should have gotten the victory as Vegeta unpredictably defeated him at least he showed he can get the upperhand without being the strongest. I am hoping that the weaker characters will do that more often.

The latest episode of Dragon Ball Super was incredible. I felt like a little kid again.

Goku pulls out the Kaio-ken once again and combines it with Super Saiyan Blue. He lays down a beating and then adds in a massive Kamehameha. Not to mention he just ignored Hit's time skip ability. Hit freezes time, Goku just says "fuck that" and hits him while time is frozen anyway.

Death Battle might want to look into another Goku vs. Superman fight.

They're probably safest waiting until the series is completely over (however long that may be) because he's bound to somehow outdo that feat over and over as the show goes on.

The Freeza saga is not a filler saga. It had a ton of filler added to it for the anime adaptation, but it's adapted from the manga. Garlic Jr. is 100% filler though. None of that was from the manga.

I don't hate fillers (with the exception of anything with Roshi or Garlic Jr. and that Krillin girlfriend and that demon who ended up in Heaven for some reason) I actually like how the anime bothered to make the characters do stuff outside of fighting. After all, to me, Goku and his friends are not fighting machines but "people" who happen to like to fight. I even actually consider the filler episode in which Goku saves pterodactyl eggs to be the actual final episode rather than the cliffhanger with Uub. The real ending made me unsatisfied as I felt there was more.

I feel like I am going to explode of excitement! I want to see more of the show!

Evil clone of Vegeta that stole his powers, but also his memories. So, evil duplicate. He probably won't be around for much longer. This feels like a filler arc to cool down after the Universe 6 arc.

Are they seriously trying to make Trunks and Mai "a thing" again

why

They at least removed that sub-plot from the BoG arc.

Future Trunks is lonely and needs a friend besides his mother.

If Supreme Kai of Time was canon she'd fit the bill just fine. Which she might still be because the "don't change time at all it's dangerous" thing from Jaco the Galactic Patrolman and Resurrection F was first brought up in Online's take on her and Trunks' first meeting so it all depends on how "can totally still happen" Online's events remain by the end of Super. Point is they'd work fine as friends or a couple, so long as the latter doesn't result in any Saiyan/Kai/human babies because that's just asking for trouble.

I do wonder if elements from Online or Xenoverse will start being incorporated into canon. Some people have pointed out the similarities between Black Goku's earring and Demigra's, as well as the fact that the idea of an evil or possessed Goku is similar to the possessed guys from Xenoverse.

Hold up. I got this idea from Dragon Ball Multiverse but I swear it's one of its few good ones. Future 16 would work much better as an "only friend" to Trunks if he was found and reactivated and, with Goku already dead, agreed to help rebuild the world 17 and 18 ruined. That'd make things especially interesting when Black Goku comes along, because it'd be just like that cool thing he said in Abridged.

"Cell is composed of 10.78% of the DNA of Son Goku. These parameters... are acceptable."

Eh. I used to like the Faulconer score more, but I've grown less and less fond of it. It's a product of Funimation trying to make DBZ appear "cool" in the 90s, but all it ends up doing is providing unfitting techno noise for all the scenes. I guess it fits the 90s dub, which is very different then what Toriyama invisioned. But it just doesn't feel very "Dragon Ball". It also never shut up. It was constantly playing and never allowed for a quiet moment. Sometimes silence is more effective than music.

I like a couple of the songs, like Vegeta's Super Saiyan piano and the Ginyu transformation theme, but the rest just kinda sound like noise.

so i watched battle of the gods and that frieza movie. Great stuff, not sure which i like more, but i can say that whiss is the best dbz character.

Back