The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

^This is my favorite music track from Dragonball Z Budokai 1. The beginning part plays in the reenactment cutscene of the Beam Fight with Gohan and Cell. It always managed to give me chills.

Gogeta said:
Is the Budokai series available on Gamecube?

Only the first 2 were on Gamecube. Although I think it's harder to find a Gamecube copy of Budokai 2 because I got a much more common PS2 version of it (Though I lost it). I still have Budokai 1 for the Gamecube but the disc is broken so years later I got a PS2 copy. And Budokai 3 was PS2 exclusive.

Gogeta said:
I'll probably buy those two on Gamecube then.

Shame you don't have a PS2. I think you would absolutely love Budokai 3. Not only does it have the best gameplay of the Budokai Trilogy but it includes 42 characters that spans from Dragonball (Kid Goku) to GT (Super Saiyan 4 for both Goku and Vegeta. And of course Gogeta too (SS4 Gogeta and the Gogeta from the Movie). And also Omega Shenron). Also includes movie characters like Broly, Cooler, and such. While I know the Tenkaichi series outshines the roster immensely of the Budokai games. Budokai 3's still my favorite DBZ game.

From what I've heard. B3, BT3, and RB2 are the best games. B3 does look really fun. It's a shame that Atari or whoever makes the games now puts them on PS3 and Xbox 360 only. Hopefully with the Wii U, DBZ can come back on Nintendo.

Budokai Tenkaichi really needs to make a comeback for the Nintendo systems. Of course, I like Tenkaichi 2's Z Item system a lot more than Tenkaichi 3's; there are way less restrictions with your Z Item options in Tenkaichi 2.

Gogeta said:
Good for you for finding that. You get a cookie.

BUU! GO MAKE A COOKIE FOR M4E!
All right, who do want as a cookie?

MnSG said:
Budokai Tenkaichi really needs to make a comeback for the Nintendo systems. Of course, I like Tenkaichi 2's Z Item system a lot more than Tenkaichi 3's; there are way less restrictions with your Z Item options in Tenkaichi 2.
Well, nintendo needs third party support for the Wii U. DBZ could help with that.

RandomGuy said:
Gogeta said:
Good for you for finding that. You get a cookie.

BUU! GO MAKE A COOKIE FOR M4E!
All right, who do want as a cookie?
Nabber

*ambush nabber and turn him into --*
What food do you want?!

Here you go.
We never did get to see King Cold in action, I've always wondered what his final form would look like

He looks like a Cooler knock-off.

That's not just resemblance, though. It looks like Cooler's body with Cold's face. At least between Frieza and Cooler, there's a noticeable difference in appearance.

I'm considering changing my avatar and getting a new sig, it's all going to be Frieza themed!

You know whats ironic? Your new name is Majin Buu and you have a Boo rank.

Today I rewatched some of the beginning of the series (Dragonball Z that is). That is the first 20 episodes I think. I definitely think having so many episodes with Gohan in the Wild left more of an impact then Kai or how the Manga had it. Because in Kai for example, one episode Gohan's Crying but one or 2 episodes later suddenly he's the master of the Wild with no explanation with how he went from running from a T-Rex to chasing the T-Rex to cut off a piece of it's tail for meat. The only eh episode was really when Gohan spends an episode with some orphanage. I don't mean to detract Kai some more, but without all those episodes you really don't get the development that Gohan grows from the timid boy he was in the first few episodes to the much more confident but still a reluctant warrior he becomes when the Saiyans have arrived. You also get less of the how Piccolo becomes attached to Gohan and sort of makes the scene where he says his last words when he sacrifices himself to save Gohan from Nappa less meaningful since we actually didn't see too many of those moments.

And Goku's such a lovable oaf throughout the whole time he travels on Snake Way and trains with King Kai.

He's so naive, despite being the Universe's strongest warrior. Master Roshi: The only thing stronger than a Super Saiyan is . . . his wife!

Northern Verve said:
Today I rewatched some of the beginning of the series (Dragonball Z that is). That is the first 20 episodes I think. I definitely think having so many episodes with Gohan in the Wild left more of an impact then Kai or how the Manga had it. Because in Kai for example, one episode Gohan's Crying but one or 2 episodes later suddenly he's the master of the Wild with no explanation with how he went from running from a T-Rex to chasing the T-Rex to cut off a piece of it's tail for meat. The only eh episode was really when Gohan spends an episode with some orphanage. I don't mean to detract Kai some more, but without all those episodes you really don't get the development that Gohan grows from the timid boy he was in the first few episodes to the much more confident but still a reluctant warrior he becomes when the Saiyans have arrived. You also get less of the how Piccolo becomes attached to Gohan and sort of makes the scene where he says his last words when he sacrifices himself to save Gohan from Nappa less meaningful since we actually didn't see too many of those moments.

And Goku's such a lovable oaf throughout the whole time he travels on Snake Way and trains with King Kai.
Yes. I agree with you.

Did I post in this thread before? I like the DBZ series.

I watch it, althought I never played the games, I'm willing to play one of them.

Snifit said:
Did I post in this thread before? I like the DBZ series.

I watch it, althought I never played the games, I'm willing to play one of them.

Do you have a PS2? Because I'd recommend Dragonball Z Budokai 3

Well, yes I do have a PS2. I'll get DBZ Budokai soon.

Back