The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

Anyone see cooler returns TFS?

OK, as someone who's only just now watching the actual episodes, what the hell is up with the entire Buu Saga?

I get they wanted to have a greater emphasis on comedy (and Gotenk's battle with Super Buu was just hilarious), but there's basically no character development. Like, at all. Also, I'm annoyed that Gohan couldn't do anything (after just finishing the Cell Saga).

Also, Super Saiyan 3 is stupid. There's no real reason how and why it exists, it's just like "hey guys new powerup!" Mystic Gohan, too.

I'm going to stop now before I start properly ranting.

Yeah, the Buu saga always just felt odd. I'm pretty sure Toriyama was getting tired of the series by that point and just didn't give a fuck anymore.

I always felt the series should've ended after the Cell saga. I like the Buu saga. Goku's fight with Majin Vegeta is one of my favorite fights. But the Cell saga would've been a better way to end it.

OK, good, so it's not just me.

Honestly, I like DBZ the best when there actually IS character development. None of this "this character is now strong enough because reasons". Like SSJ2 Gohan isn't just good because he kicks ass, it's good because it was foreshadowed well in advance and there was a big build-up. And unlike Goku's Super Saiyan transformation, Gohan actually grows as a character both before and after it.

...I'm sorry that I'm ranting, this is what happens when I watch a show and I don't know anyone else who would want to discuss it.

Granted I haven't watched the show for years, but I think Buu got some character development, going from homicidal maniac to standing up for what he liked (even if he still was kinda a homicidal maniac :P)

Oh, yeah, that's true. I really liked the sections with Majin Buu and Mr. Satan. It's a pity they had to absorb him. It would have been interesting if he stayed the whole time kinda like Android 16.

Vegeta's development was way overdue, though. It was still good.

Wasn't there a rumor that Toriyama wanted to end the series after the Cell saga, but his publisher wouldn't let him, so he threw a lot of ridiculous nonsense like little kiddy super saiyans and dorky highschool Gohan into the Buu saga?

Due to the escalating nature of Dragonball power levels, it wouldn't be much of a feat for either saiyan character to destroy cell past the cell saga.

Except maybe Gohan since he's explicitely stated to have become weaker due to neglecting his training in favor of his studies. That's not counting his mystic powerup.

I finally got around watching Cooler 2: The Return of Cooler's Revenge The Reckoning. Very funny, especially the part where Vegeta kept trying to rush Cooler, only to be knocked back. It's funny because that's totally something Vegeta would do.

It's amazing how this series manages to stay consistently funny while still staying mostly true to the source material. Usually whenever I watch an abridged series they run out of steam at some point and continuing becomes kind of a drag, but with this one I always find myself looking forward to the next episode, and it never disappoints. It must be because it has a large, dedicated team behind itself.

Seadramon said:
I finally got around watching Cooler 2: The Return of Cooler's Revenge The Reckoning. Very funny, especially the part where Vegeta kept trying to rush Cooler, only to be knocked back. It's funny because that's totally something Vegeta would do.

It's amazing how this series manages to stay consistently funny while still staying mostly true to the source material. Usually whenever I watch an abridged series they run out of steam at some point and continuing becomes kind of a drag, but with this one I always find myself looking forward to the next episode, and it never disappoints. It must be because it has a large, dedicated team behind itself.
He keep kicking me in the dick.

Why does he keep kicking me in the dick?

Wow!

I can't believe every single one of them kicked you in the dick!

That was for... mah dick.

If you say hit him really hard, I swear to god, I will kick you in the dick.

We can hit him really hard....together?

(Man, TFS sure knows how to make their episodes quotable)

yeah just caught up with the latest movie and episode and gotta say this series seems to be getting better.

New Battle of Gods trailer. They reused some Kai dialogue for the trailer.

Back