The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

oh yes i must post this for hilarity

The Big Green dub is hilarious.

lol Big Green Dub.

Second worst English dub. After the Malaysian English one of course.

That's the "Saiya People" dub, right?

Yeah. The "Saiya" part, from what I've read, is an anagram of the Japanese word for "vegetable", which is why they all have vegetable-related names.

Nick Fury said:
No. Saiyans are from Planet Vegeta.
so instead of naming people after their species like in mario they name them after the planet

It's a boy!
I will call him... Earth.

To further complicate things, there are four Vegetas.

There's King Vegeta, a Saiyan who took over Planet Plant and renamed after himself, calling it Planet Vegeta. King Vegeta later had a son named Vegeta. This is the Vegeta that we all know and love from the series. Then there's Vegeta's great great grandson Vegeta Jr.

Godzilla said:
Haven't you always wanted to know more about 17 and 18? Toriyama just revealed their real names from before they became androids and what happened to 17 after the Cell saga.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/05/02/dragon-ball-creator-reveals-android-no-17-and-18s-names
And here's more info, explaining the backstory of a couple more characters.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/

30 more episodes until GT, I watched 140 episodes in last 2 weeks in Italy

Godzilla said:
And here's more info, explaining the backstory of a couple more characters.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/
Wait, so now Toriyama's saying that Beerus is the one who sealed the Elder Supreme Kai? Back then, it was explicitly stated that Old Kai was sealed up, because someone feared his ability to unlock hidden powers, and that the person in question was strong, but weaker than Majin Buu. Battle of Gods contradicts both of these entirely, especially the latter, since Beerus defeated Majin Buu pretty easily in the movie.
Why is it that people are quick to slam GT for reasons like this, while Battle of Gods isn't so much as given a second glance?

http://teamfourstar.com/video/2488/

New TFS episode. Dear God, Cell is terrifying.

...well, it happened.

It took me...a few months, really, but I finally get it. I finally understand why people love this show so much, despite its stupidity. When I first saw it, I thought it was completely ridiculous, but I've started to really like it. OK, maybe an extreme love/hate relationship, but whatever.

First things first: Did you start with the original Dragon Ball or Z?

And did you watch original Z or Kai? In my opinion, Kai is better in almost every way (except music and Teen Gohan's English voice).

Purple Yoshi said:
...well, it happened.

It took me...a few months, really, but I finally get it. I finally understand why people love this show so much, despite its stupidity. When I first saw it, I thought it was completely ridiculous, but I've started to really like it. OK, maybe an extreme love/hate relationship, but whatever.
Purple Yoshi said:
dragon ball z is stupid
:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:

yeah, start with dragon ball. even if you dislike it, it will make DBZ make a shitton more sense.

I started watching the abridged series, because I thought I wouldn't like the original. I mean, I knew what it was about, but everything about the story just seemed ridiculous. Then I just decided to screw it and watch Dragonball Z, and I've liked it a lot more than I realised.

For maximum enjoyment, I recommend watching Dragon Ball first. It's a much more humorous series that focusing more on adventure. It also explains a ton of stuff about DBZ that's not explained unless you watched the original series. After that, watch Dragon Ball Z Kai. It's Dragon Ball Z (up until the end of the Cell Games) condensed into 99 episodes. The pacing is much better and the voice acting is far better than the original show (at least in the Funimation dub). Don't believe the lies of the 90s kids instead with nostalgia. Kai Frieza is superior to the original.

Back