The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

like everyone else said i really recommend the original dragon ball, it was a really cool experience and you will not regret watching all 153 episodes, probably one the best animes of the early 90's era. the fights, story, humor, everything is top notch, and youll never get bored cause so many things happen and nothing gets repetitive. its a collasal adventure and a damn good one.

as for dragon ball z, i havent seen kai but from what ive heard its kinda made for "kids" (emphasis on quotes) cause theres no blood, censors things, cuts out a lot of things (i know it boils it down to the main plot and no filler, but for me the really long fights n shit were the things that made dragon ball z memorable for me) so if you dont care about that stuff and wanna watch a condensed version of dragon ball z, watch kai, but if you want the full uncut experience then i say go watch the og

Actually, the whole thing about Kai being censored is wrong. When it aired on nicktoons, it was censored because it's a kid's channel. But if you get the DVD, it's uncut with all the blood, violence, and swearing.

well then, i guess kai isnt as bad as i thought. i might check out that version sometime

It cuts filler and has better pacing and voice acting. I see a lot of people hate it just because of their nostalgia goggles for the original series.

I don't hate Kai myself. But some of the narm of the Original Series is part of the reason why I love it so much xD

Not to mention there's some things about the filler in the Original series that I like. Like actually showing Gohan get some character development instead of it simply skipping from Piccolo leaving him alone in the forest right to him being able to best a T-Rex in minutes of watching. I know they did that in the original manga. But I liked they expanded that a bit.

Oh and the episode where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive a car. I personally find that hilarious.

(And I love Bruce Faulconer's soundtrack. Not into Kai's. In the Namek Saga it was almost like there's only three different songs they would play throughout it. One track in particular that I did kinda like, but I think at one point it played like at least once every episode)

Northern Verve said:
Oh and the episode where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive a car. I personally find that hilarious.

(And I love Bruce Faulconer's soundtrack. Not into Kai's. In the Namek Saga it was almost like there's only three different songs they would play throughout it. One track in particular that I did kinda like, but I think at one point it played like at least once every episode)
ahah oh man, that was great. probably one of my fave filler episodes
i also really liked gohan's whole saiyaman arc, that was pretty good filler imo

the og soundtrack was great, the battle music was good, never forgettable openings, and i love the eyecatch music from the latter half of the show
i havent heard kai's but from what youve said it looks like they didnt have much variety lol

On the plus side, Kai's soundtrack did give us this.

If you ever forget what a big deal Freeza was because, as always, they just kept making characters stronger from there, then listeing to this will make him intimidating again.

Watching Kai has made me love Frieza so much more. He's such a cool villain.

SM, the music was done by Kenj Yamamoto. But after a controversy regarding plagiarism, the music in Kai was changed to the original Japanese score. The first couple seasons on DVD retain the Yamamoto score. The nic toons version has since added the Japanese score back in.

Funnily enough, some of Faulconer's work is also thought to be plagiarized.

GalacticPetey said:
Watching Kai has made me love Frieza so much more. He's such a cool villain.

SM, the music was done by Kenj Yamamoto. But after a controversy regarding plagiarism, the music in Kai was changed to the original Japanese score. The first couple seasons on DVD retain the Yamamoto score. The nic toons version has since added the Japanese score back in.

Funnily enough, some of Faulconer's work is also thought to be plagiarized.

I find Faulconer's music superior to the Original Japanese soundtrack too though :P

GalacticPetey said:
Get hyped!

Oh...

Hmmm, that explains a lot.

For the longest time I thought the guy in your signature was Crono.

GalacticPetey said:
Get hyped!

"the uploader has not made this video available in your country" - weird

Also, you can blame lazy character design, I guess.

So for some reason I seem to have developed a strange fascination with the Ginyu Force theme. I've been listening to it a lot lately.

Whether this is a sign of catching the crazies, I do not know yet.

Recently finished what's been made for the Abridged series. Can't wait for the Cell saga to fully begin, because whilst he freaked me out as a kid he is now one of my all-time favourite villains.

TFS said that the second Cooler movie is premiering this weekend.

I guess that's the "episode" the progress meter in the corner of their site is referring to then. It's a handy thing for them to have.

They confirmed via twitter that it's coming the seventh. KaiserNeko described it as "some of the silliest, lowbrow humor we've ever done with DBZA."

This should be fun.

This is amazing. Keep watching until the bonus round, it gets better.

Back