Do you think Mario Kart 7 not having Solo Vs is a good move

-Solo Vs

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters
No solo Vs? When did this happen?

I think they might have done that to make the game a little more social. Most Mario Kart games are better with a friend and I think that was what they were aiming for

I find this quite disappointing as I really did like the VS. mode. I just never found racing on the Grand Prix to be as enjoyable as it was more fun to pick the courses and race against CPUs at your wished difficulty for an unlimited amount of rounds.

However, I do trust Nintendo will make up for this somehow. Perhaps they do have something in MK7 that will be able to allow us to overcome this loss. Change is not always a bad thing, so I'm just going to see where Nintendo goes with this as they have surprised us before with changes (yet we still do love their games).

I'm guessing Online is the new VS Mode. That wouldn't be too bad, since you wouldn't be against computers. And apparently it puts you against racers of around the same skill level. Plus, with the new Ghost data thing where you can have a couple at one time, I'll probably use it more.

Nintendo definitely fucked up on this game.

First, no Waluigi, which is a MAJOR fuck-up (and I don't want anyone complaining "lol why does that make it a bad game" because Waluigi is my favorite Mario character, next to Wario)

Now they don't add Solo Vs? So we have to do Grand Prix if we just want to mess around on our favorite course(s)?

I just don't know about this game anymore. I'm still going to get it, but...eh...

2 Features. Is that all it takes to sway your mind? Sure, No Waluigi, if there was no Yoshi (who is my favourite), I wouldnt complain, since complaining that your character isnt in Over and over and over is just annoying. Many people have stated that no Waluigi was a bad move. we don't need more people telling us shit we already know.

Solo VS Mode isnt a big deal. It's supposed to sway people into using Online more or playing Grand Prix more. Hell, Time Trials are more like Solo VS Mode without Items and Ghost Data instead.

And no, don't write back saying some stuff about how Waluigi is your favourite character, he's not in as far as we know and theres no point in whining about it. Just because someone is your favourite character doesnt mean they should be in. Some people wanted Bowser Jr. or some other characters. They said that. Never said it was a Major Fuck-Up because it wasn't. Not having a character in is no where near a major fuck up.

Crackin, is there a reason why the Queen Bee thing is in there and not Waluigi? In fact, Waluigi should be given a side game or something of his own, at least.

Mario has them, of course. Luigi does. Wario does. Yoshi does. Peach does. Why not Waluigi? It has nothing to do with him being the favorite or least favorite character of anyone's--it's that having Waluigi in would make the most sense.

Also, aside from this point, you don't have to be so fucking rude about your points.

I know, but I see the same thing over and over, it's like everybody is just speaking the same shit all the time. I know Waluigi would make sense, but he's most likely not in and people need to try and get over it.

Crackin355 said:
I know, but I see the same thing over and over, it's like everybody is just speaking the same shit all the time. I know Waluigi would make sense, but he's most likely not in and people need to try and get over it.

Perhaps get over it and ignore it, because soon enough, your incessant whining will be what's repeated over and over and over.

It is. I don't know how many times have to tell people to stop complaining. I kind of just don't care anymore.

Crackin355 said:
Solo VS Mode isnt a big deal. It's supposed to sway people into using Online more or playing Grand Prix more.

Who actually gives a shit if they had an agenda when they decided to remove it? Removing features to try and constrain players to enjoy the game in a specific way is a brainfucked design philosophy.

Crackin355 said:
And no, don't write back saying some stuff about how Waluigi is your favourite character, he's not in as far as we know and theres no point in whining about it. Just because someone is your favourite character doesnt mean they should be in. Some people wanted Bowser Jr. or some other characters. They said that. Never said it was a Major Fuck-Up because it wasn't. Not having a character in is no where near a major fuck up.
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot your opinion was the only one that mattered. I'm sorry, will you ever forgive me for stating my mind????

That was also really rude, but I'm going to pretend it never happened, ok.

Crackin355 said:
2 Features. Is that all it takes to sway your mind? Sure, No Waluigi, if there was no Yoshi (who is my favourite), I wouldnt complain, since complaining that your character isnt in Over and over and over is just annoying. Many people have stated that no Waluigi was a bad move. we don't need more people telling us shit we already know.
Obviously you didn't read that I was getting the game anyways, but I just wasn't going to enjoy it as much as say, Mario Kart DS or Double Dash. It's still a great game, just not to me, personally. Once again, it's my opinion, not yours. I think Nintendo is COMPLETELY STUPID for not including Waluigi in the game, and even going as far as adding new, even more minor, characters (a Mario reskin and a common enemy). They even brought back Rosalina, whom I like, but still. Do you have a problem with that? I hope not, because you constantly replying to me saying not to whine or that Waluigi is unimportant is also really annoying.

Also, I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed about Yoshi not being in the game. Don't give me that bullshit saying "I wouldn't complain", because I'm pretty sure you would.

Crackin355 said:
Solo VS Mode isnt a big deal. It's supposed to sway people into using Online more or playing Grand Prix more. Hell, Time Trials are more like Solo VS Mode without Items and Ghost Data instead.
The whole point of Solo Mode was so only you can have fun and mess around, and choose your favorite courses/courses you wanted to practice. Pretty sure I'm not the only one that thinks Nintendo screwed up by not adding Solo Vs, but whatever. I alos despise online mode, so yeah, if they're trying to do that, then it's not working. Also, who would play Grand Prix mode more?

In MKDS, my favorite course was Waluigi Pinball, third course in the Flower(?) Cup. The course before it was Delfino Pier or whatever, a course that I absolutely despised. If I wanted to play Waluigi's Pinball in MK7 (which is now the last course in one of the retro courses), I would have to go through 3 other courses, and waste a good 10 minutes just to play on Waluigi Pinball.

It's these little things that make a big difference.

So basically, no need to be an ass. I'm not harming you, I'm not hurting anybody, I'm just stating my honest and humble opinion.

Good day, sir.

EDIT:
Crackin355 said:
It is. I don't know how many times have to tell people to stop complaining. I kind of just don't care anymore.
You don't need to be a peacemaker. People complain all the time about trivial things. You can't stop everyone from complaining, just like your whining at me won't stop me from complaining about the lack of Waluigi. If you don't care anymore, why did you complain about my opinion? Sometimes I wonder...

Nice Rant you have there, shame I dont give a crap no more.

I'm over it. I'll get the game but theres no point trying to talk to people on here about it since all I hear is complaints. I'd rather go somewhere someone might say something that isnt complaints.

Gamefreak75 said:
Also, I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed about Yoshi not being in the game. Don't give me that bullshit saying "I wouldn't complain", because I'm pretty sure you would.

No, I wouldn't. Take out whoever they want, the gameplay and fun value is more important.

Crackin355 said:
Nice Rant you have there, shame I dont give a crap no more.

A.K.A. "I'm sorry Gamefreak75, but I admit defeat to you. I am unable to come back with a decent reply, therefore I must ragequit in order to attempt to make it look like I'm the victor and the one taking the higher road."

Crackin355 said:
I'd rather go somewhere someone might say something that isnt complaints.

I support this course of action. Please, leave. Don't post again.

This is not mindless junk 2247.

Anyway I'm starting to get over VS mode not being single player.

???

I know it's not mindless junk. So what?

Skull Kid said:
This is not mindless junk 2247.

I must have missed wherever it said all users with numbers in their names were subtracted by 10.

By the way, you can also stop posting.

You want me to leave huh.

Also can we please get back on topic.

Toad85 said:
Was I seriously the only person to vote "yes?"

Why would you think it was a good move?

(not trying to change your opinions, just curious)

If it's true that solo VS has been taken out for MK7, then I am really disappointed. I mean, the formula worked in the case of Mario Kart Wii, so why did the developers not consider going that route for this installment as well? Eeesh...

Solo Vs mode? No good.

Well, this game was developed in an "emergency". That could help explain things.

Back