The next Mario platformer that has NSMBWii style co-op needs the four babies.

Crackin355 said:
If Nintendo did that i'd lose their respect. good thing their not that dumb.

Judging a game by who's playable instead of actually gameplay is like judging a book on its cover. It's not really a good reason to lose respect for.

For example, if Nintendo made the a Wario or Yoshi game that was, like, the best game ever, I might try it out.

Sir Poshington the XV said:
Just pointing out there are 8 babies

IMO, the only notable ones are the ones from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. All the others IMO are irrelevant.

Baby Luigi said:

IMO, the only notable ones are the ones from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. All the others IMO are irrelevant.
What makes Baby Luigi better than Baby Peach

Baby Luigi said:

Everything, and I don't even like the babies.

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:

Everything, and I don't even like the babies.
Thats a horrible answer

I just found the extra babies....redundant. They could have a game where Baby Luigi teams up with Yoshi and Baby Mario for once, but not only he gets kidnapped again, he gets completely overshadowed by the others. Especially Baby Peach in the later games. For example, Baby Peach received a trophy in Brawl, Baby Luigi did not. Baby Peach was default in Mario Kart Wii. Baby Luigi was not.

Baby Luigi said:
I just found the extra babies....redundant. They could have a game where Baby Luigi teams up with Yoshi and Baby Mario for once, but not only he gets kidnapped again, he gets completely overshadowed by the others. Especially Baby Peach in the later games. For example, Baby Peach received a trophy in Brawl, Baby Luigi did not. Baby Peach was default in Mario Kart Wii. Baby Luigi was not.
Sounds to me like your jelly of Baby Peach over stupid little things like a trophy

Well it is true that Baby Luigi should have had more attention when it comes down to these things. Baby Peach having a trophy over Baby Luigi is definitely hard for me to believe considering how minor she was in comparison to his game roles and history. You'd think that he would get more attention after M&L:Pit. Baby Luigi also was not on the box-art for YIDS while the minor babies like Baby Wario was even on it (more overshadowing). In fact, all the other babies except Baby Luigi was on it.

To be honest, I felt that the addition of more babies was Nintendo's excuse of trying to make a more unique game when running out of ideas (Yoshi's Island DS). Perhaps a better Yoshi game involving Baby Mario and Baby Luigi only would be better. Perhaps Nintendo should focus on something like the story in Yoshi's Story (+the babies) as that is at least a bit more unique than the whole kidnapping theme. Defending Yoshi's Island while protecting the babies? This sounds good.

Sounds to me like your jelly of Baby Peach over stupid little things like a trophy

I don't believe you get the point I'm trying to make across. And saying, "your jelly" is not as clear as saying, "your irritation", please this is a serious thread, make your points clear and easy to understand.

Besides, I'm not mad towards her at all, I'm just peeved that Nintendo overshadows Baby Luigi.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
If Nintendo did that i'd lose their respect. good thing their not that dumb.

Judging a game by who's playable instead of actually gameplay is like judging a book on its cover. It's not really a good reason to lose respect for.

For example, if Nintendo made the a Wario or Yoshi game that was, like, the best game ever, I might try it out.

I never said I wouldn't play it, I'd just lose respect for them. It's a horrible Idea. Babies should stick to being fill-ins for spin-offs. I know you'll disagree because your insane about baby Luigi and complain about him not having a bigger role 90% of the time but they really are just spin-off fill-ins and thats what they should stay. The occasional Yoshi's Island with them is fine but they shouldnt have a game with the babies of all things playable. It wouldnt sell well anyway. It'd get raged at just like having Metal Mario over Waluigi in MK7 is.

Prove it Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are spin-off fill ins. Baby Mario's first appearance was in Mario Golf and I highly doubt he was a spin-off fill-in. I thought he was a nod to the Yoshi Island series.

And losing respect because your least favorite characters (or a character, say, Metal Mario) finally gets a game of his own is something quite irrational to lose respect for still, unless said game was extremely buggy and rushed.

And how would you know it wouldn't sell anyway if it wasn't attempted yet?

Babies. Thats why it wouldnt sell

respect is a thing that needs to be earned. it can be lost too.
Baby Mario is fine, Baby Luigi is ok, any more is horrible.
Them 2 were originally in Yoshi's Island so their fine in games like M&L:PiT or Yoshi's Island.
But they dont have games of their own, since M&L is a Mario Game and Yoshi's Island is a Yoshi Game.
So theyre mostly just Spin-off fill-ins.
If they were so important, please explain why they werent in MK7.

Crackin355 said:
Babies. Thats why it wouldnt sell

That's a pretty weak justification for your argument. I can find many ways to argue this.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Mario is fine, Baby Luigi is ok, any more is horrible.

I agree with you on that. This is the reason the Super Mario World 2 babies from the Double Dash era gets ridiculed and thrown in with the other guys (Baby Peach). IMO, after they introduced Baby Peach in Mario Kart, the Baby Mario Bros. lost their novelty and charm. Other characters (Shy Guy, Paratroopa, E. Gadd, etc.) are BETTER lightweight choices than Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, etc.

Crackin355 said:
But they dont have games of their own, since M&L is a Mario Game and Yoshi's Island is a Yoshi Game.

True, but they usually still play a big role in the games you mentioned that they appear. Not major like Yoshi or Kamek, but still big.

Crackin355 said:
So theyre mostly just Spin-off fill-ins.

I can agree with you on that only if you're talking about the Yoshi's Island DS and beyond babies. Other than that, I thought the Baby Mario Bros. were a clever choice in Mario Kart Double Dash, considering that there aren't many choices back then (except for....Goomba? Shy Guy perhaps?). Besides, IMO, I thought the Baby Mario Bros. were a novelty in Mario Kart Double Dash. Sure, the addition of the other babies definitely wore out their welcome wagon in Mario Kart Wii.

Crackin355 said:
If they were so important, please explain why they werent in MK7.

Limited time and space. The same reason Toadette, Waluigi, Diddy Kong, and Bowser Jr. gets left out. I agree that these characters are a priority over the Baby Mario Bros. though.

Any baby who is NOT a star child should stay out of spin-offs; I'm talking to you Baby Daisy.

MnSG said:
Any baby who is NOT a star child should stay out of spin-offs; I'm talking to you Baby Daisy.

I think any baby who did not originate in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island needs to not appear at all.

MnSG said:
Why u no like Baby Daisy

Ambush Bug said:
MnSG said:
Why u no like Baby Daisy

Well, she was created for partner purposes in Mario Kart Wii.

Baby Luigi said:
Ambush Bug said:
MnSG said:
Why u no like Baby Daisy

Waluigi was created for that same person now do you hate him, Same with Daisy she hasn't appeared in a main strea game in like 22 years, Birdo has only appeared in 3 main stream games, and Toadette has only appeared in 1 now do you hate those essintially spin off characters

I think the only baby that should appear in spin- offs is Baby Mario.

Ambush Bug said:
Baby Luigi said:
Ambush Bug said:
MnSG said:
Why u no like Baby Daisy

Waluigi was created for that same person now do you hate him, Same with Daisy she hasn't appeared in a main strea game in like 22 years, Birdo has only appeared in 3 main stream games, and Toadette has only appeared in 1 now do you hate those essintially spin off characters

Hey, why are you asking me? I didn't make that statement.

I think the only baby that should appear in spin- offs is Baby Mario.

I disagree. Having just Baby Mario looks rather incomplete. Look at Mario Tennis N64 and Mario Golf. Well, IMO, it just looks like Baby Luigi got axed or neglected or something.

I like to say that having Baby Mario without Baby Luigi is like Mario without Luigi.

Back