New Super Mario said:
Toad2012 said:

That's gonna really help this pass :P

And now his site went down.

XD

New Super Mario said:
Mario4Ever said:
New Super Mario said:
Wait so what exactly is this? I know it's bad, but will it affect this site or anything?

Basically, it'll give the government the right to block any site that links to copyrighted content or that uses such content without the consent of the copyright owner. It would affect this site, the wiki, YouTube, and many other websites.
That's stupid. They'd be blocking like every site!

I guess that there will be no more:

• Let's Plays
  • Unofficial Guides
  • Fan Games
  • Fanfictions
  • Screenshots not taken by the author of the movie/game
  • Online File Sharing or Storage, including video, image, and audio sharing such as Youtube
  • Online Encyclopedias or information webpages
  • Message Boards/Forums (as these SOPA people will probably think that emails are enough)
  • Facebook/Twitter/Anything similar
  • and Parodies (like Youtube Poops or humorous flash videos)

Only the people who created the original thing can create a website about it, so if the Super Mario Wiki gets shut down the only people who can remake it and contribute to it is Nintendo.

F*ck D:<

This would actually make for a good story: Government controls internet causes huge changes in the social system, causing a bunch of stuff that I'm too lazy to figure out.

So just today an extract from the Washington Post about SOPA and PIPA appeared in today's Sun Herald, one of Australia's newspapers.

And this extract is from a month ago. Am I seriously the only person in Australia who's concerned about all of this SOPA stuff?

SKmarioman said:
So just today an extract from the Washington Post about SOPA and PIPA appeared in today's Sun Herald, one of Australia's newspapers.

And this extract is from a month ago. Am I seriously the only person in Australia who's concerned about all of this SOPA stuff?
First off, it's Herald Sun, not Sun Herald. Second, most of my friends are concerned about SOPA, it's quite a big topic on the news and even my adult relos have discussed the bill quite frequently.

So no, you're not that special. Sorry to break it to you.

My friend started messaging me the day the huge blackouts commenced with videos and stuff. He was all like "This is so crap, it's scary! I can't believe we only found out today". I told him we've known for weeks now and he was kinda pissed I didn't tell him about it weeks ago. I didn't think any of my friends would give a rats ass. At least one of them is worried about it.

Apparently both SOPA and PIPA have been shelved until February?

MCD said:
Apparently both SOPA and PIPA have been shelved until February?

I'm now starting to feel like your signature image; I dread what might be coming up.

General Grievous said:
So if we link to emulators we get jailed too?
No, but you can already go to jail for commercial ROM files. And that's not because of SOPA/PIPA.

But I'm pretty sure emulators themselves and public domain ROMs are 100% legal.

No, those are illegal. What do you not understand? Roms are illegal. All of them. If they are a rom of an official licensed game, they is not fan created, that contains any officially licensed content, they are illegal. Even rom hacks are illegal, because they require an original rom to work.

So short answer, yes, [site you referenced] is illegal, and no they are not fine.

edit

As Mason said. Public domain roms would be legal. But your site also hosts roms released within the past year, let alone other roms that are still under copyright. Any rom under copyright is illegal. So just about any rom you could possibly want to download and play is illegal.

So unless you plan on doing intensive research, then no, downloading roms are illegal.

SKmarioman said:
Mason said:
General Grievous said:
So if we link to emulators we get jailed too?
No, but you can already go to jail for commercial ROM files. And that's not because of SOPA/PIPA.

But I'm pretty sure emulators themselves and public domain ROMs are 100% legal.

I don't think you can link to emulators if there are commercial ROMs on the same site.

Yes you can. Emulators are not illegal. Period. Sites that contain the download for emulators, however, do NOT hold the ROMS for the games, usually.

And now, we have ACTA.

(Is that link supposed to be there or not?)

You have got to be kidding me, another one? They might as well call the next one JASS (Just Another Stupid SOPA) since that all they are. Just call them SOPA #1, SOPA #2 & SOPA #3

Damn I was so fucking scared that PeePA would pass and now we have ACTA.
Devil Jin said:
They might as well call the next one JASS (Just Another Stupid SOPA) since that all they are.
I lol'd.

These "acts" are like sockpuppets on this forum.

Wait you can be sent to prison for sharing a recipe you learnt? :eek: :mad: :'( :-\

Megaupload users don't need to worry anymore, as they'd probably be sent to prison anyway, no jokes.

Luckily, I've figured out a great way to bypass these laws if they pass: zip your mouth :-X

INTERNET VS ACTA! FINAL ROUND.... FIGHT!

sorry had to do that bu seriously why we need these things?

Back