SOPA - Fight Against Internet Censorship

I highly doubt the government would even be able to censor the internet, even if they tried.

Look what happened in the Egypt revolts, the government shut down the Internet but people such as Anonymous managed to strike back and locals set up their own networks.

And think about what we could do here in the tech-heavy US.

Creeper said:
And now, we have ACTA.

(Is that link supposed to be there or not?)
Right now, I just don't even know what to think... They're trying to find a solution, but all any of us are saying is "Free Internet or DIE!", and sometimes I'm just sure which side to take...

For now, I'll just say, yeah, it's bad, and we should fight it like SOPA and PIPA before it, but then again...

Well, just look at this video, it's been on my mind since I saw it today:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5268-Piracy-Episode-One-Copyright

ACTA is a Spanish word too. It means "record", just like how SOPA means soup and PIPA is a kind of cigar.

Smashgoom202 said:
Creeper said:
And now, we have ACTA.

(Is that link supposed to be there or not?)
Right now, I just don't even know what to think... They're trying to find a solution, but all any of us are saying is "Free Internet or DIE!", and sometimes I'm just sure which side to take...

For now, I'll just say, yeah, it's bad, and we should fight it like SOPA and PIPA before it, but then again...

Well, just look at this video, it's been on my mind since I saw it today:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5268-Piracy-Episode-One-Copyright
There is an alternate solution. It's called OPEN.

DAM SOPA I Will kill them
not really
:P

N64Dude said:
not really
Very interesting. One of the best responses to this terrible situation on the entire forum.

You know, me and Nabber are just encouraging him.

Pyro said:
N64Dude said:
not really
Very interesting. One of the best responses to this terrible situation on the entire forum.

I don't know about that. Ever since people like us started going up in arms, there have been more opposers than supporters. All we need now is either for it to die or for Barack Obama to veto it.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Pyro said:
N64Dude said:
not really

I don't know about that. Ever since people like us started going up in arms, there have been more opposers than supporters. All we need now is either for it to die or for Barack Obama to veto it.
My response to N64Dude is complete sarcasm. He is annoying and shitposts often.

As for what you said, you're not exactly right. Like SOPA & PIPA, it could get killed if it's outvoted.

Though, the only way we're gonna increase the chances of that happening is if we encourage Congress members not to support it.

Make sure to mention the Egypt-like revolution if it passes.

Pyro said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Pyro said:
N64Dude said:
not really

As for what you said, you're not exactly right. Like SOPA & PIPA, it could get killed if it's outvoted.

Though, the only way we're gonna increase the chances of that happening is if we encourage Congress members not to support it.

Yeah, sarcasm and the internet do not mix.

Pyro said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Pyro said:
N64Dude said:
not really

You, uh, do realize that ACTA is not the same type of bill that SOPA and PIPA were, and is in fact not a USA-centric law but a trade agreement, resulting in a whole different nature, right?

Back