SOPA - Fight Against Internet Censorship

I knew that was going to happen. That's exactly why I didn't concern myself with it like many other people did.

Oh God that Fail Toys guy irritates me so much.

But I watch Fail Toys and I agree with everything he said about SOPA. :P

Solar Blaze said:
I knew that was going to happen. That's exactly why I didn't concern myself with it like many other people did.
You know part of the reason why it didn't pass is because so many people were so vocal about it. You can't look at something where everybody getting up in arms totally affects the outcome and then be all "I knew getting involved wouldn't make a difference."

It's kind of like what Ghandi said, and who a lot of people in my high school quoted when they were graduating:

"Don't wait for change, BE the change."

Or something like that, I could be paraphrasing.

Well, Wikipedia is going down in 3 hours.
This should be interesting.

Detective Dick Gumshoe said:
Well, Wikipedia is going down in 3 hours.
This should be interesting.

FFFFFF, I CANT VIEW WIKIPEDIA ANYMORE AND I MISSED IT BY THIRTY MINUTES!!!

Wikipedia is definitely going to be a loss for today; however, the event of it shutting down for the day is definitely going to stir up some much needed attention towards those bills.

I wonder how big of a reaction will be unleashed through this.

These SOPA and PIPA things are just a pile of crap. People have rights to put just a little bit of copyrighted pictures on their site, because it's fair use. What about 98% of every file on the wiki? They may be copyrighted, but it's fair use.

If I could I would shut down the entire SOPA and PIPA because what these people are trying to do is nothing but BAD.

...Well, you heard them! Know any games journalists, gaming companies, or figures in the gaming industry? Tell them NOT to attend, cover, or in any way support E3 or the ESA, until they change their minds about this!

...But be sure to be nice, polite, and proper about it, okay? ;)

SOPA in a nutshell:

Spelled backwards is APOS: A Piece of Sh*t.

Great. This bill means that there will be no more fair use if it passes.

New Super Mario said:
Wait so what exactly is this? I know it's bad, but will it affect this site or anything?

Basically, it'll give the government the right to block any site that links to copyrighted content or that uses such content without the consent of the copyright owner. It would affect this site, the wiki, YouTube, and many other websites.

Mario4Ever said:
New Super Mario said:
Wait so what exactly is this? I know it's bad, but will it affect this site or anything?

Basically, it'll give the government the right to block any site that links to copyrighted content or that uses such content without the consent of the copyright owner. It would affect this site, the wiki, YouTube, and many other websites.
That's stupid. They'd be blocking like every site!

This bill is just bad news everywhere. Not only would it kill a lot of websites, but it would also lead to unemployment. And the last thing this economy needs is more people out of a job.

And of course, a lot of portable devices thrive on the internet, so products like the iPad would become practically useless.

So, me taking screenshots myself of a game is going to be censored?

Pure BS

Solar Blaze said:

If everyone had been so wonderfully amazingly wise like you, it wouldn't have been shelved, so stick your snobbery up your ass.

Back