Name any memories of Pokemon.

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
I remember thinking that Gligar was both Poison and Flying instead of Ground and Flying.

I used to know all 493 Pokemon from memory, and their generation, type, etc.

But that was before I stopped playing Pokemon for a couple years. And before Generation V

Pretty much anything about Pokemon is a great memory for me. It's been a part of my life since I was four or five, so there's a lot of nostalgia there. A good memory is when I first got my GameBoy Color and my parents gave me Pokemon Yellow <3 And I could barely read what they were saying.

LOL I remember when I was a noob. I only trained my starter and near the Elite Four, all I had was a level 60-70 Swampert and everyone else was around 10-20. BTW I would still constantly mistake Wobuffet and Skarmory as 3rd generation Pokemon. I have never had a taste of 2nd generation until Heartgold came out.

I remember when I was a n00b at Pokemon and I thought everything came from the Gen III games, lol

But then I realized.

When I was young, I thought that Slugma and Marcargo came from Generation III (gen III was my first Pokemon game I extensively played)

I was introduced to Pokemon by a friend, we watched the first Pokemon movie at his house.

Then I entered my noob phase, where I only trained Blastoise and Articuno. And Blastoise still had Tackle and Water Gun. In fairness, though, in Gen II Blastoise doesn't learn any other Water type moves until Level 66 or something.

I also thought that Psychic was super effective against Grass for a while because in LeafGreen, practically every Grass type has Poison as a secondary, so Psychic was super effective. Then in a duel with May in Pokemon Sapphire, my Psychic attack only did normal damage to her Grovyle.

The only thing I remember is my classmates making up a bunch of fake Pokemon like "Pikachu evolves into Raichu and Raichu evolves into Pikablue". It's amazing what kind of video game rumors were spread when I was a kid.

Anyway, Gold was my first official Pokemon game. I picked Chikorita as my starter and despite knowing practically nothing about type advantages, I beat the whole game, even the battle against Red...until some knucklehead erased my file and I had to start all over.

In 5th grade my friend said there was going to be a Space type. My other friend believed him but I didn't.

My first game was Pokemon Yellow, which I never finished, and it irked me that Pikachu was too stubborn to evolve. Then, I got Pokemon Pinball, which was fun, but my best memory was receiving Pokemon Silver as a Christmas present. It remains my favorite in the series (hence why I have SoulSilver) and was the first I played through entirely (I've since done that with Ruby, Diamond, and Platinum (I see no need to get into the current generation)).

Baby Luigi said:
When I was young, I thought that Slugma and Marcargo came from Generation III (gen III was my first Pokemon game I extensively played)

Same with me.

I used to know all Gen I and Gen II Pokémon when I was a child, all of their Pokédex numbers, type, where to find, etc.
But the more new Pokémon appeared in latter Generations, the more Pokémon I've forgot.
Now after playing Black and White a lot, I've started playing Emerald again, and sometimes I think, "Is that a Pokémon?".

I remembered the time when I got Crystal and got a shiny Elekid and nicknamed it God. ewe
I also remembered using only stat moves because I thought they could make Pokemon faint.

A lot of times, I tend to predict Pokemon base stats. However, the official stats that I end up seeing aren't always divisible by 5.

Also, I had a theory that Dialga was a Dark/Dragon-type, while Palkia was a Psychic/Dragon-type. That theory was proven wrong in the end.

I agree, it's Steel, Water, and Ghost, plus all of the 3 are Dragon as well.
Who did expect that?

I just realized that Umbreon can use Last Resort. Speaking of Umbreons I found a shiny Eevee in Platinum a month or so ago.

PokemonMaster said:
I just realized that Umbreon can use Last Resort. Speaking of Umbreons I found a shiny Eevee in Platinum a month or so ago.
rage

RAGE

RAAAAAAGE.

:(

Michelangelo said:
The only thing I remember is my classmates making up a bunch of fake Pokemon like "Pikachu evolves into Raichu and Raichu evolves into Pikablue". It's amazing what kind of video game rumors were spread when I was a kid.

Ah, Pikablu. I remember that rumor well.

I also remember a kid who got Gold before I did, and I was watching him play it. When he first turned it on, I was like, "IT'S IN COLOR?!?!" Completely disregarding the fact that it was for the GameBoy Color. But I was six-ish, so.

PokemonMaster said:
I had remember thinking Reshiram was Dragon/Flying type.

Oddly, I thought Reshiram would be Dragon/Psychic, while Zekrom would be Dragon/Dark. I also thought that they'd have the following base stat values...

---------------------
Reshiram

HP: 105
Attack: 100
Defense: 90
SP ATK: 150
SP DEF: 105
Speed: 130
---------------------
Zekrom

HP: 130
Attack: 150
Defense: 105
SP ATK: 100
SP DEF: 105
Speed: 90
---------------------

Obviously, those were just theories that were proven false.

Back