• No (I want it)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes (I don't want it)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No {I don't want it)

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters
Marwikedor said:
When Wario and Donkey Kong were playable (albeit as babies) in Yoshi's Island DS, I hoped they would continue this trend of having them adventure with Mario but it's been 5 years and they didn't. Waluigi I don't know why everyone hates the idea of him being in a mainstream platformer. He could be the best jumper of all of them!

How Wario could not fit in well is anyone's guess. He'd be perfect. What he lacks in jumping and speed he makes up for in power. A character for more advanced players. It's too bad he couldn't be unlocked in SMG2. Luigi? Again? Been there, done that. What they should have done after you beat SMG2 and get all 242 stars is to get to do it do it ALL OVER AGAIN as Wario and Waluigi and they could have made some halfased excuse for why they were doing it Peach promises them lots and lots of treasure and gold if they saved her. See? I thought of some excuse in two seconds. Same basic excuse used in 64DS.
so it's still the topic of all-stars in Mario main games possibility

it's true that main games need improvement, but in an allstar view, everyone has the chance to be playable
also as I said, focus in subseries and actual role of story, Wario bros are not prior to some others
maybe you pushed it too much and not make it just

Koopaul said:
Actually Wario and Waluigi were suggested by some developers to be playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
Miyamoto was against it for some reason.
uhmm.... I'm unsure for his decision, it may be right that Wario bros have thir problems
but Toad and Toadette are not in NSMBWii, it makes me feel he has some thing wrong in brain

New Super Yoshi said:
Koopaul said:
Actually Wario and Waluigi were suggested by some developers to be playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Miyamoto was against it for some reason. I feel Miyamoto is holding developers back from doing really neat stuff in his Mario games.
I would like how if they make a new game like that add Wario and Waluigi andngive the stats. Like Mario is All around, Luigi can Run fastest but is not very powerful, Wario has the most power but can't jump high and Waluigi jumps highest but his long legs makes him slow.

I find it odd that Waluigi was a fast runner in Mario Strikers Charged, and yet he's much slower everywhere else.

Koopaul said:

Miyamoto was against it for some reason. I feel Miyamoto is holding developers back from doing really neat stuff in his Mario games.
MIYAMOTO WAS AGAINST IT?! WHY?!!! EVERYONE WANTED HIM AND MAYBE WALUIGI OVER THOSE STUPID TOADS TO BE PLAYER 3 AND 4! WHY NOT PUT CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE MORE WANT TO PLAY AS?!! WAS HE WORRIED ABOUT THE COST OF ANOTHER VOICE ACTOR MARTINET DOES THEM ALL WHAT THE FLYING FUUUUUU#$$#DGE

Marwikedor said:
Koopaul said:

MIYAMOTO WAS AGAINST IT?! WHY?!!! EVERYONE WANTED HIM AND MAYBE WALUIGI OVER THOSE STUPID TOADS TO BE PLAYER 3 AND 4! WHY NOT PUT CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE MORE WANT TO PLAY AS?!! WAS HE WORRIED ABOUT THE COST OF ANOTHER VOICE ACTOR MARTINET DOES THEM ALL WHAT THE FLYING FUUUUUU#$$#DGE
</capslockrant>

Marwikedor said:
I do really think you pushed too much, if not only you didn't consider other unsuitable conditions of Wario bros
also toads are controversial for their generic species identity, but you just look like your "favorites" weren't there and show vexatious

I would rather have the two Toads as opposed to Wario and Waluigi (not kidding :P).

Anyways, I think the reason why THE Toad was excluded from NSMB Wii was because of the 4 colour wheel pattern that Nintendo wanted to develop from (red, green, blue, and yellow). Mario and Luigi were a given as red and blue, but that left the last two spots. Toad was one of the highest requested character by fans; however, he has red spots and he could confuse other players with his red palette (Mario, Fire Mario have similar colourations to Toad). So I assume they gave Toad blue spots and called it a day (like what they did in the original SMB2 - Toad had blue spots).

I don't know why another Toad was added instead of Wario (I think he would have worked but not Waluigi), but I guess it was for the simplicity of the story. Toads are likely to team up with Mario more easily than the anti-heroes Wario and Waluigi. Toads had a reason to rescue Peach from her kidnapping as they respected her (adding Wario and even Waluigi would involve an extra plot of stealing their money or something). Also you must remember this is a Super Mario Bros. game. The only characters these games traditionally have are: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Toads, Yoshis, and Bowser's minions and children (Wario was exclusive in one remake game and nothing else). We have Peach, but I guess Miyamoto wanted to keep the kidnapping of the Princess the same plot (I still don't believe the dress arguement). Yoshi was kept as a steed, so that left Toad. So, I guess they added in another Toad of distinctive colouration to fit the traditional Super Mario Bros. game. I really don't know about Toadette's case here; however. I guess she needs an important main game role first (though she already has more than Waluigi with that SMG cameo she made). Also having her without Toad himself would be rather awkward.

One thing you gotta know is that Miyamoto does not care about story or characters. His number 1 priority is gameplay. Its actually Kensuke Tanabe who writes all the Zelda stories. Miyamoto wishes Zelda was more like Mario and had no story. No lie.

^You do have a point there now that I think of it. I guess this is the reason why Mario's games have always been so simplistic (Mario saves the Princess from the evil Koopa King). This is pretty much the same story in every mainstream Mario game. Super Mario Sunshine was probably the furthest Nintendo went to making a story sequence like Mario game. However, that appeal did not last long (unfortunately :-\).

Well the Mario series really isn't known for voice actors, just like with the LoZ franchise.

Propeller Toad said:
the reason was because of the 4 colour wheel pattern that Nintendo wanted to develop from (red, green, blue, and yellow). Toad was one of the highest requested character by fans; however, he has red spots and he could confuse other players with his red palette.

The only characters these games traditionally have are: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Toads, Yoshis, and Bowser's minions and children (Wario was exclusive in one remake game and nothing else). I guess Miyamoto wanted to keep the kidnapping of the Princess the same plot (I still don't believe the dress arguement). Yoshi was kept as a steed, so that left Toad.

Koopaul said:
One thing you gotta know is that Miyamoto does not care about story or characters. His number 1 priority is gameplay.
I think if Miyamoto did resist in his brand at first, he should have made strict control of new characters such as Rosalina's case
so he still needs to take responsibility in this reality
in relationship, Yoshi may be unreasonable as he's out of Mushroom and Peach's duty, as things are not with Birdo

in the reality, I agree with Miyamoto that playability is most important (but acutally 3D series do need to tell little RPG stories)
but in toads' case, I don't think it influences any playability
also if we always see species toads, I think one day Toad will just be same with Toadette as a spinoff-only character....

yellow color? uh..... I remember there is a princess in that color who is always with Peach....

Story isn't important, but I do wish Miyamoto can make the story fresher.

I would like Donkey Kong, Waluigi, and Wario (they're my usual computer targets anyway), but I can't really see that happening.

Since Miyamoto hates games having plots and stories, I wonder why he even allows it in the Mario RPGs, which are packed with story and plot (and humor in the case of the Mario & Luigi series).

He doesn't hate it. He just doesn't emphasize it as much.

Besides, none of the RPGs are developed by Nintendo. Maybe Nintendo helped the companies (Alphadream, Intelligent Systems), but they didn't develop it.

Dorayaki said:
Propeller Toad said:
the reason was because of the 4 colour wheel pattern that Nintendo wanted to develop from (red, green, blue, and yellow). Toad was one of the highest requested character by fans; however, he has red spots and he could confuse other players with his red palette.

The only characters these games traditionally have are: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Toads, Yoshis, and Bowser's minions and children (Wario was exclusive in one remake game and nothing else). I guess Miyamoto wanted to keep the kidnapping of the Princess the same plot (I still don't believe the dress arguement). Yoshi was kept as a steed, so that left Toad.

Koopaul said:
One thing you gotta know is that Miyamoto does not care about story or characters. His number 1 priority is gameplay.
I think if Miyamoto did resist in his brand at first, he should have made strict control of new characters such as Rosalina's case
so he still needs to take responsibility in this reality
in relationship, Yoshi may be unreasonable as he's out of Mushroom and Peach's duty, as things are not with Birdo

in the reality, I agree with Miyamoto that playability is most important (but acutally 3D series do need to tell little RPG stories)
but in toads' case, I don't think it influences any playability
also if we always see species toads, I think one day Toad will just be same with Toadette as a spinoff-only character....

yellow color? uh..... I remember there is a princess in that color who is always with Peach....
Are you seriously, SERIOUSLY, calling Rosalina a "new character"??! It's just Peach by another name!!!!

Marwikedor said:
Are you seriously, SERIOUSLY, calling Rosalina a "new character"??! It's just Peach by another name!!!!

Since Miyamoto hates games having plots and stories, I wonder why he even allows it in the Mario RPGs, which are packed with story and plot (and humor in the case of the Mario & Luigi series).
something wrong :eek: ?? I think it's a fact that Rosalina, Bowser Jr.etc are new in Mario games history

as above, I think games that developed by other teams including spinoffs are not really handed or overlooked by Miyamoto
it's hard to say the option of multiple playable character in these games was doing with him

Marwikedor said:

The two may look similar at spots, but they're clearly separate entities, and are not one in the same.

Rosalina is as much as a character as Luigi is

Rosalina is new. She has a different voice, personality, role, color of clothing, hairstyle, etc. How can you say Rosalina = Peach?

Again, Luigi is more of a clone to Mario than Rosalina is to Peach. Actually, in his early days, Luigi WAS a clone of Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
Again, Luigi is more of a clone to Mario than Rosalina is to Peach. Actually, in his early days, Luigi WAS a clone of Mario.

Nowadays, Luigi is more klutzy than Mario is. In Mario Sports Mix, you can pretty much see what I'm talking about.

I know Rosalina is a seprate character, but they could have at least made her LOOK DIFFERENT more than just hairstyle and gown color. It's like if they took Mario and gave him a different haircut and clothes and said oh this is Mariano, a new character. Lame as fuck!

Marwikedor said:
I know Rosalina is a seprate character, but they could have at least made her LOOK DIFFERENT more than just hairstyle and gown color. It's like if they took Mario and gave him a different haircut and clothes and said oh this is Mariano, a new character. Lame as *bleep*!

Rosalina is taller than Peach though.

Back