Development for new Super Smash Bros. begins this month

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
According to Sora LTD's website, development will begin October 2011 and last 2-3 years.

So... Yeah, expect this game in the year 2015.

It's half past October 2011 right now...

I can't wait for the new information that will be released.

If not, you can learn about Vertex hacking and moveset changing! ;)

Well, at least they made the announcement that the game was beginning development (hopes Toad makes it in). Let's hope that there won't be too many delays this time...

Awesome. I hope they do their very best to put some awesome content into this. It will be fun speculating once again. Brawl Speculations were the very reason I started going on forums and gaming communities.

If they have another Adventure Mode similar to Brawl's Subspace Emissiary, I hope to see K. Rool getting revenge on Bowser for stealing DK's bananas and for turning DK and Diddy into trophies. (There has to be some reason Rool and Bowser had bad chemistry in Super Sluggers).

I disliked the Subspace Emissary. If they do another adventure mode, they should make it so it's more like a crossover, e.g. Link traveling in Kirby's world.

Michelangelo said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Smashgoom202 said:
development will begin October 2011 and last 2-3 years.
What

We'll be on Gen VI of Pokemon by then!

Better late than never.

4 years, huh? *sends Nintendo and HAL spam about making K. Rool playable*
If anyone, I'd send Sora LTD e-mails, if I only knew their e-mail address...

Either way, I'd like my opinions on characters to be heard...

Ornithologist Mario said:
I disliked the Subspace Emissary. If they do another adventure mode, they should make it so it's more like a crossover, e.g. Link traveling in Kirby's world.

The cutscenes were cool though.

As far as characters go:

Bowser Jr.: I was against this at first, but I guess it could work. Although the Mario series has enough representatives if you count Yoshi, DK, Wario, and Diddy.
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi: Hell, yeah!
Mega Man: Hopefully it's either Classic, Battle Network, or Powered Up.
King K. Rool: More playable villains for the win! [/list]

Michelangelo said:
Powered Up is Classic, just in a chibi art style. But yeah as long as he gets in y'all can have whatever the hell Pokemon or whatever else ya want.

'3K said:
Michelangelo said:
Powered Up is Classic, just in a chibi art style. But yeah as long as he gets in y'all can have whatever the hell Pokemon or whatever else ya want.

Oh, my bad. I'd also like Proto Man and maybe one of the Robot Masters or antagonist Net Navis.

And I know this isn't the Far-Fetched thread, but maybe have some Yu-Gi-Oh! characters in the mix.

Ornithologist Mario said:

My idea consists of implementing classic enemies, instead of originals. Its story might have similarities to the Subspace Emissary, but the main antagonist would be an old enemy from the past; I mentioned Nightmare as being the main antagonist.

Enemies would range from the Mario, DK, LoZ, Metroid, Kirby, EarthBound, and other different franchises.

Bosses, I've covered King Boo, Tiki Tong, Stallord, Metroid Prime, Galacta Knight, Kyurem, Porky, Egg Viper, Bahamut, and Nightmare.

You can hunt down my posts at the Smash Boards if you want, but the thread that they're in is clogged up with numerous posts.

Makes sense having Nightmare as the main antagonist since the Kirby series and Super Smash Bros. games both made by the same person.

Galacta Knight was sealed away for being too powerful. That doesn't necessarily mean he's evil.

I looked for a Sora LTD website but all I found was a japanese one. So unless you're fluent in Japanese. I think you're out of luck.

Pinkie Pie said:
Or you could just use Google translate on it.

Is Google translate more reliable now? I heard that people who tried to use Google Translate for stuff the people who recieved it in their known language got a rather mis-translated message in some parts of the message or the grammar didn't translate well.

Michelangelo said:
Makes sense having Nightmare as the main antagonist since the Kirby series and Super Smash Bros. games both made by the same person.

Galacta Knight was sealed away for being too powerful. That doesn't necessarily mean he's evil.

Still, Galacta Knight would be unique in that he'd be the shortest boss, in terms of size. And he does possess moves that are powerful enough for the boss treatment. Evil or not, Galacta Knight would easily meet the boss criteria.

On a side note, Rayquaza technically isn't evil either, and yet it was a boss in Brawl; it was merely defending its territory, compared to the other bosses, who actually have evil intentions.

TOO MANY YEARS.

*Crosses fingers for Marx, Nightmare, Dimentio or Primal Dialga to make it as a boss*

Propeller Toad said:
Well, at least they made the announcement that the game was beginning development (hopes Toad makes it in). Let's hope that there won't be too many delays this time...

...you really think that Toad would be in? Or is it more possible that he will appear as Peach's B move again.

Also, I am starting to hate Sora...
...for it's idea for SSB4.... levelling up characters? In SSB? No way!

NintenDude88 said:
Propeller Toad said:

...you really think that Toad would be in? Or is it more possible that he will appear as Peach's B move again.

Also, I am starting to hate Sora...
...for it's idea for SSB4.... levelling up characters? In SSB? No way!

Well Propeller Toad said his arguments about Toad in his own thread here.

Also the Level up thing I think only applies to the 3DS version. The 3DS won't be the same as the Wii U one of course and even if the Wii U has something with that I'd bet it's more with interaction between the 3DS and Wii U versions. And we have no idea of anything right now.

Back