Which Battle System?

Which Battle System do you prefer?

• The Battle System from Super Mario RPG.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The Battle System from the Paper Mario Series.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • The Battle System from the Mario & Luigi Series.

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

ThePremiumYoshi

TPY -- Massive Zebra Fan
I was curious to know which is your favorite Battle System... :yoshi:

I voted for Paper Mario. I just love the unique action commands for most attacks.

The Paper Mario series because it's the least complicated. The other two have speed as an important thing. Paper Mario ALWAYS follows this order of attacking. You-Partner-enemy closest to you and so on....
The Speed system of Super Mario RPG especially screwed me up while I was playing......

Pokemon

The Paper Mario one. It's simple but highly effective, and instead of buying tons of items and stuff as in other RPGs you can just use Badges to customize your character.

MarioMaster720 said:
The Paper Mario series because it's the least complicated. The other two have speed as an important thing. Paper Mario ALWAYS follows this order of attacking. You-Partner-enemy closest to you and so on....
The Speed system of Super Mario RPG especially screwed me up while I was playing......
Yeah SMRPG looks kinda hard to do attacks in

I'm voting for Mario and Luigi because the Action Commands are much more action packed. Paper Mario's commands become routine after a while.

M&L all the way. It allows you to avoid and even counter attacks, while in Paper Mario it only allows you to block it.

Yoshidude99 said:
In Mario and Luigi you can keep on attacking for ages too like with the Copy Flower

Same with the Multibounce badge...

I like Paper Mario's system of doing damage. It's more simple. The only stats are HP, FP, and BP. What influences damage are badges, equipment being used, attack being used, and defense. However, Mario & Luigi's system is more interactive and more things influence your attack.

Paper Mario. Simple, yet effective. Mario & Luigi's battle system didnt appeal to me, I ended up reusing the same special ability over and over because it was strong and i could time well. Paper Mario had be switching badges so i could use more effective attacks, like Defense Piercing, Multi-Hitting, Strength Boosting and all that. Also, Partner's attacks dont need to be used much if you know what youre doing, and Flower Saver allows you to get a bit more stronger attacks in.

Crackin355 said:
Paper Mario. Simple, yet effective. Mario & Luigi's battle system didnt appeal to me, I ended up reusing the same special ability over and over because it was strong and i could time well. Paper Mario had be switching badges so i could use more effective attacks, like Defense Piercing, Multi-Hitting, Strength Boosting and all that. Also, Partner's attacks dont need to be used much if you know what youre doing, and Flower Saver allows you to get a bit more stronger attacks in.
You could do those effective attacks in Mario and Luigi too

I dont remember Mario & Luigi having badges that allow for new attacks with different abilities, like Sleep Stomp or Fire Drive, Soft Stomp or Hammer Throw.

Paper Mario. No reason why, I just like it better.

I voted Mario and Luigi they are easy and fun, Paper Mario attacks get boring after a while

Back