What's going to happen to Mario if the 3DS bombs like the Virtual Boy

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
It already seems as though this is going to happen. I talked with a guy in a big video game store and he said he has only sold around THREE 3DSs since the system came out! There's some sort of warning that is making parents run from buying it that says if a kid under 7 plays the 3D for too long it could cause vision damage. Funny-about-their-kids-to-a-crazy-extent parents view this as like a warning label on cigarettes! It's virtual boy all over again! So what the hell is going to happen with great exclusive titles like Super Mario 3DS (or whatever tf its going to be called). I guess you can also compare it to Dreamcast?!!

Due to it bombing, Nintendo dropped the price 100 bucks and still no one is buying. What will be the fate of Mario and Nintendo?

There's even talk the Wii U will bomb that huuuge controller with the screen will cost 100 dollars per extra controller only the die-hards like us will buy it! Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of my lifelong beloved Mario?!!!

Dr. Javelin said:
Hmm, plenty of people I know have wanted a 3DS. Doesn't look like it's gonna bomb to me.
It sonds to me like your'e just a *bleep*eyed optomist.

EDIT: Bleep?! What for thats just an old expression!

Marwikedor said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Hmm, plenty of people I know have wanted a 3DS. Doesn't look like it's gonna bomb to me.
considering it's sold 4.5 million units with very few big games i think it's doing fine

Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Dr. Javelin said:
considering it's sold 4.5 million units with very few big games i think it's doing fine
If that guy gave me bad information, trust me, I'm a happy-camper.

Marwikedor said:
MnSG said:
The e-Reader was pretty much a dud, last I've checked.
Well, at least the dud got us new levels in SMBIII Advance

For the Japanese maybe, but not so much for North Americans, and Europe got absolutely nothing.

MnSG said:
Marwikedor said:
MnSG said:
The e-Reader was pretty much a dud, last I've checked.
Well, at least the dud got us new levels in SMBIII Advance

For the Japanese maybe, but not so much for North Americans, and Europe got absolutely nothing.
Something Stooben. I mean, the Janpanese got more levels?

The 3DS wont bomb like the Virtual Boy it's not possible the Virtual Boy didn't even bomb economically speaking and thats all that matters

Marwikedor said:
I talked with a guy in a big video game store and he said he has only sold around THREE 3DSs since the system came out!
There is absolutely no way. Also, maybe that one guy only sold three, while the whole store sold much more altogether.

Marwikedor said:
There's even talk the Wii U will bomb that huuuge controller with the screen will cost 100 dollars per extra controller only the die-hards like us will buy it!
The system will come with one controller, which will be all you need. There will probably be cheaper controllers to play multiplayer with.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Marwikedor said:
I talked with a guy in a big video game store and he said he has only sold around THREE 3DSs since the system came out!
There is absolutely no way. Also, maybe that one guy only sold three, while the whole store sold much more altogether.

Marwikedor said:
There's even talk the Wii U will bomb that huuuge controller with the screen will cost 100 dollars per extra controller only the die-hards like us will buy it!
The system will come with one controller, which will be all you need. There will probably be cheaper controllers to play multiplayer with.
People are just nervous about the Controller but that fear will go away when people actually play it

Fawfulfury65 said:
Marwikedor said:

Marwikedor said:
If only you were a little older I'd :-*

Marwikedor said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Marwikedor said:

Marwikedor said:
i'm literally a couple months younger than you

Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Marwikedor said:

Marwikedor said:
i'm literally a couple months younger than you
I meant FF65 I only said it cause she made me optomistic about the game succeeding

Marwikedor said:
It already seems as though this is going to happen. I talked with a guy in a big video game store and he said he has only sold around THREE 3DSs since the system came out! There's some sort of warning that is making parents run from buying it that says if a kid under 7 plays the 3D for too long it could cause vision damage. Funny-about-their-kids-to-a-crazy-extent parents view this as like a warning label on cigarettes! It's virtual boy all over again! So what the hell is going to happen with great exclusive titles like Super Mario 3DS (or whatever tf its going to be called). I guess you can also compare it to Dreamcast?!!

Due to it bombing, Nintendo dropped the price 100 bucks and still no one is buying. What will be the fate of Mario and Nintendo?

There's even talk the Wii U will bomb that huuuge controller with the screen will cost 100 dollars per extra controller only the die-hards like us will buy it! Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of my lifelong beloved Mario?!!!

I was in Toy R Us. A woman saw a new DS and decided to buy it for her young children. Then she asked which games were in 3D.
Me (inside): "The ones that don't say 3DS."

Related... an adult was showing his young child World of Warcraft. Great way to stop the addiction...

Nabber Simpson said:
Marwikedor said:

I was in Toy R Us. A woman saw a new DS and decided to buy it for her young children. Then she asked which games were in 3D.

Related... an adult was showing his young child World of Warcraft. Great way to stop the addiction...
Stupid parents shouldnt be allowed to buy kids games

Marwikedor said:
Nabber Simpson said:
Marwikedor said:

Stupid parents shouldnt be allowed to buy kids games
Stupid parents have the money

Overthrow the parents.

This is another of my pet peeves... people who buy games simply because they saw it in a store. It irks me that it was me who spent a year researching the 3DS, it was me who counted down the days to its launch, that it was me who saved up the whole $250 out of my own money (well, gift card credit,) and that it was me who got up early to buy it as soon as the doors opened.
And then people just stroll into a store and buy it.
Like my friend. He's a nice guy, sure, but after saying how the 3DS doesn't really look that interesting, 2 weeks after it launch he just goes and buys it on an impulse. Using a gift card I gave him. Yes, it's wonderful that he has a wonderful system, but it still kind of annoys me.
God, I'm such a mean person.

Nabber Simpson said:
Like my friend. He's a nice guy, sure, but after saying how the 3DS doesn't really look that interesting, 2 weeks after it launch he just goes and buys it on an impulse.
I got really annoyed when I heard some kid on my bus say that the 3DS will suck (note: he said this before it came out) because he doesn't care about the 3D. It does a lot more than play games in 3D, and it's way more powerful than a DS.

Anyways, I don't think Mario will bomb like the Virtual Boy. It may not completely seem like it, but there are a lot of Mario fans out there. A lot of little kids love Mario games, and so do older people. Zelda seems to have been doing good lately, so I think Mario will do good too.

But, if Mario does bomb like the Virtual Boy, the future's going to suck.

I mean yeah good for nabber saving his money and getting it on opening day. to bad he didnt wait a month and save 100 bucks but to each his own i guess

People who bought it early still get 20 free games, some of which other 3DS owners may never be able to get.

Back