SSB4 Adventure Mode

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
What do you think?

I actually did up a possible plot, relating to this subject, but it's lying around at the Smash Boards.

If there is an Adventure Mode, the developers should stray away from being too innovative and focus on the Nintendo series.

I really want a story. The Subspace Emissary was just too epic. Of course, if they write a new story, they have to build the whole character roster first (so we don't have another Sonic situation; his role in the Subspace Emissary was minimal because he was added to the game after the story was fully written, hence why he only appears near the end).

One thing I will not forgive again: if they run out of space in the disc and some cutscenes are missing: PUBLISH THEM ON THE INTERNET. Two key scenes from Brawl were left out and left a huge plot hole. That must not happen again. Also, don't make the last half of the story a repetition of the first half, PLEASE. It was so annoying to complete The Great Maze, which was made out of levels that we had already played.

Anser said:
One thing I will not forgive again: if they run out of space in the disc and some cutscenes are missing: PUBLISH THEM ON THE INTERNET. Two key scenes from Brawl were left out and left a huge plot hole. That must not happen again. Also, don't make the last half of the story a repetition of the first half, PLEASE. It was so annoying to complete The Great Maze, which was made out of levels that we had already played.

What were the scenes? Because there were alot of useless scenes in brawl.

@Boidoh: I think FMGBASKFH is referring to the scene where Tabuu steals Meta Knight's Halberd while King Dedede unknowingly prevents him from doing anything about it.

I think that would have gave away too much of the plot.

Boidoh said:
Minuette said:
@Boidoh: I think FMGBASKFH is referring to the scene where Tabuu steals Meta Knight's Halberd while King Dedede unknowingly prevents him from doing anything about it.

I think that would have gave away too much of the plot.

Any videos?
Not that I know of.

I'm talking about the scenes where Tabuu invades the Halberd, and the scene where Meta Knight and King Dedede fight (for unknown reasons). Taken from the dojo:

The taking of the battleship Halberd, as well as the scuffle between King Dedede and Meta Knight, were not shown in the game, because those scenes unfortunately had to be cut.

Sadly, there are no videos.

Something tells me those scenes never got past the storyboards.

I'm sure if it did, they'd put it somewhere.

RandomGuy said:
It wouldn't hurt to explain how the Island of the Ancients got taken

The Subspace Emissary isn't even canon, so that type of info will likely be redundant.

[quote author=M&SG on Smashboards]
During the past set of days, I've been constructing an Adventure Mode plot for Super Smash Bros. Wii U. After numerous hours of work, I've managed to finish it in a way that can implement ALL the playable characters into the story; unlike with the Subspace Emissary, where there were three fighters that had no involvement in the Subspace Emissary's main story.

Anyway, in an attempt to improve where the Subspace Emissary was lacking, here's how this Adventure Mode would work out...

Note: The following is not canon, considering that the Subspace Emissary isn't canon either.

Story - The Grand Villains Offensive
In the World of Trophies, there are two kinds of Smashers, which are the heroes and the villains. The villains have been heavily jealous with the heroes for always playing second fiddle. But one day, a dark entity enters the World of Trophies, and offers a way to help the villains turn the tide. The villains accept the offer, and form an alliance to bring down the Smasher heroes; the alliance is known as The Grand Villains Offensive. They decided to build a gigantic flying battleship, and the mastermind has invented a tool that would aid the villains in their conquest. It's known as the Trophy Paralyzer, which can be attached onto anyone's arm. The Trophy Paralyzer has the ability to paralyze fighters, turning them back into trophies. Some of the models can even create false copies at will. The villains also build an army of underling soldiers to help them in their conquest. With everything all set, the villain alliance prepares to make its presence known by interfering with a huge stadium event that's being hosted by Master Hand.

At the stadium, Master Hand has set up a series of matches involving the hero Smashers, and the first match involves two famous fighters. After the fight, however, The Grand Villains Offensive makes its first move by capturing all the spectators with the Trophy Paralyzers. The heroes fight back, along with Master Hand, but Master Hand soon flees to Skyworld to avoid being turned into a trophy himself. Eventually, one of the Smasher villains will enter the scene to ruin the party. From there, the stadium gets destroyed, separating some of the Smasher heroes. Upon reaching Skyworld, Master Hand speaks with Palutena, regarding the disaster. Palutena then orders Pit to go out and take care of the threat, which Pit accepts.

As the story progresses, you'll alternate between different hero parties that'll be introduced. Some of the heroes will even get kidnapped during the process. Additionally, there will be some espionage, as one of the villains may actually be working for the heroes; likewise, one of the heroes may be turned into a villain for a portion of the story. A dark secret will also unfold, regarding the mastermind of the villain alliance. When the story draws closer to the epilogue, the various hero groups will eventually unite on the battleship, and meet up with this leader. But the leader may prove to be too powerful, requiring the heroes who are not in the whole group to save them, which does include Palutena herself. The villains may also be forced to join the heroes as well. And before the final boss is reached, EVERY Smasher, hero and villain, will be present to face the leader. However, this leader may actually be a mere puppet for someone even more sinister. With enough effort, all the Smashers would eventually defeat the true mastermind, and restore peace to the World of Trophies.

For some additional notes, some of the characters from the Subspace Emissary do make a return, but serve heroic actions instead of evil actions.

Levels
Just like with the Subspace Emissary, a lot of this story's levels involve a lot of 2D platforming. Players will have to get from one area to another, while dealing with the many different enemies and hazards that will appear. There will also be some mid-boss fights, and some enemy ambush areas. Additionally, there are boss battles, and even battles against other Smashers.

Game Structure
Players will play each stage in a set order, meaning that they have to play all the stages in the order that they're given. But if a stage is completed, players can replay that specific stage at any time. This is especially due to the fact that players can choose what difficulty level to play on; the difficulties range from Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and the unlockable Intense. The difficulty levels affect how powerful the enemies, mid-bosses, and bosses will be, along with increasing their HP by variable amounts. However, unlike with the Subspace Emissary, the enemies do not move faster on the harder skill levels, which makes it possible to evade their attacks, even on the Intense skill level.

Stamina System
All Smashers have a damage meter. Just like in all the other game modes, the more damage the fighter takes, the easier it is for him/her to get KO'd. Enemies have an HP system, where if their HP drops to 0, they're defeated. In the case of bosses and mid-bosses, players will completely see their stamina when they face them. And unlike basic enemies, when their HP is cut in half, they'll adjust their attack patterns. But just like normal enemies, mid-bosses and bosses are defeated when their HP drops down to 0, but some bosses will create a barrier when they're down to just 1 HP. These barriers can only be damaged by Final Smash related attacks, and when they're destroyed, players only have to damage the boss one more time to defeat it. Now, while normal enemies can flinch from player attacks, mid-bosses and bosses are impervious to flinching. However, the mid-bosses and bosses will briefly flinch when they lose half of their HP. In terms of grab attempts, most normal enemies can be grabbed and thrown, but all mid-bosses and bosses are immune to grab attempts, along with other grab-related attacks.

Playable Characters
As the players advance through the story, they will be able to play with many different characters, including those who are not available right off the bat. However, if the players clear a stage, which involves an unlockable, the unlockable will not be available to use outside of Adventure Mode, unless Adventure Mode's story is completed. While clearing Adventure Mode may easily bypass the challenger matches that the other game modes require the players to deal with, at least they'll unlock everyone in one shot for managing to complete the story. At the same time, they may even unlock some alternate outfits for certain characters.

Non-Playable Characters
There will be a couple non-playable characters in the story as well. A lot of them only appear in cinemas, but a couple may appear as spectators. Also, some of the cinema-only characters may actually play big roles in the story.

Enemies
The Subspace Emissary focused way too much on original characters. In this Adventure Mode, however, there are way less originals. In fact, nearly every enemy here is from the Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, EarthBound, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, and Pikmin franchises.

Game Play
Adventure Mode is primarily a 1-player game, but a second player can always join in to do 2-player co-op mode with the other player. A lot of the game play is exactly the same as that of all the other game modes.

Cast
Note: The following contains info that's in my full Adventure Mode script. Don't look if you don't want to be spoiled.

Roster.png

Heroes
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi (gets turned into a Villain for portions of the story)
Diddy Kong
Zelda
King Dedede (starts out as a Villain)
Falco
Jigglypuff
Ness
R.O.B.
Peach
Dixie Kong
Meta Knight
Mewtwo (was offered to join the Villains, but it refused)
Marth
Ice Climbers
Toon Link
Captain Falcon
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Lucario
Ike
Little Mac
Bowser Jr. (starts out as a Villain)
Yoshi
Impa
Samurai Goroh
Olimar
Krystal
Team Unova; Oshawott, Servine, Emboar
Pit
Isaac
Rosalina
Takamaru
Starfy
Ray Mk III
Zoroark
Palutena
Saki

Villains
Luigi (while in his Mr. L alter-ego state)
Ridley
King Dedede (becomes a Hero later on)
Ganondorf
Dark Samus
Wolf
Bowser
King K. Rool
Leon
Bowser Jr. (becomes a Hero later on)
Wario
Black Shadow

MidBosses.png

Mid-Boss Names
Boom Boom
Darknut
Bonkers
Eggplant Wizard
Pirate Commander
Fierce Pork Trooper
Mature Red Bulborb
Konk

Bosses-Adventure.png

Boss Names
King Boo
Twinbellows
Stallord
Brobot
Porky
Emperor Bulblax
Kyurem
Deathborn
Tiki Tong
Metroid Prime
Super Dimentio
Galacta Knight
Medusa
Nightmare
[/quote]
All that i bothered to copy

The plot ends up being very similar to the Subspace Emissary though... They're almost the same thing...

I'll repeat what I've said many times in this forum: Rosalina is my favorite character but seeing her as a playable character in Super Smash is just impossible. She's not popular enough and "main" enough in the Mario series to represent it in the Super Smash series.

Plus, I can't see how Bowser Jr. ends up betraying the villain group, which includes his own father.

Anser said:
Plus, I can't see how Bowser Jr. ends up betraying the villain group, which includes his own father.
My guess is that he wants to win for once, and he realizes that the villains never win.

Back