Best and worst Paper Mario badges.

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Made this out of pure boredom. Yay.

There's been a lot of badges in Paper Mario. What do you think are the best and worst badges in the series?

Personally, I'd say:

Best
Lucky Day and Pretty Lucky
Flower Finder
Feeling Fine
Defend Plus
Runaway Pay
Spike Shield
Hammer Throw
Chill Out
Speedy Spin
Zap Tap
Ice Power
Ice Smash
I Spy

Worst
Slow Go
Double Pain

Zap Tap is awesome.

Sound Effects are cool, but they have no helpful effects. At least it isn't as bad as Slow Go.

One of the Sound FX badges is really helpful in TTYD. If you have it equipped, you inflict more damage to Hooktail and take less damage in exchange.

I mean most of the Sound Effects badges. :P

The Wario and Luigi badges also have cool, but useless effects.

You can sell badges? :[ I didn't know that.

My sister and I have been playing too much Paper Mario 64 I suppose, which is the only game we played until the end.

Lucky Day, Power Bounce, Spike Shield, Ice Power, Jumpman(I only put it on when I have the Ice Power and Spike Shield equipped), Power Plus, Defend Plus, Feeling Fine and more that I can't think of atm :P I personally prefer jump attacks, hence why I use Jumpman. =P

I am a slave to Power Bounce. Peekaboo's nice, too. Worst would have to be Dizzy Stomp.

Last runthrough, Yoshiwaker put on all of the Power Plus badges. All of them.

So basically he was using All or Nothing, Jumpman, two Power Pluses, two P-Up D-Downs...

He dealt about eighteen damage with a normal jump. Eighteen.

Or maybe he only had one P-Up, D-Down. Something like that. Anyways it was a crapload of damage.

Those are the best badges, along with Defend Plus, in my opinion. You don't really need many side effects except for Spike Shield and Ice Power when you can deal so much damage.

Dr. Javelin said:
Last runthrough, Yoshiwaker put on all of the Power Plus badges. All of them.

So basically he was using All or Nothing, Jumpman, two Power Pluses, two P-Up D-Downs...

He dealt about eighteen damage with a normal jump. Eighteen.

Or maybe he only had one P-Up, D-Down. Something like that. Anyways it was a crapload of damage.

Those are the best badges, along with Defend Plus, in my opinion. You don't really need many side effects except for Spike Shield and Ice Power when you can deal so much damage.
You can only get one P-Up, D-Down.

But yeah, I was able to do sixteen damage in one move without even using any FP ;D

Actually, the wiki says you can steal more from Dark Koopatrols.

Though to get Power Pluses you have to steal from Elite Wizzerds.

@ Yoshiwaker and Dr. Javelin: :eek: Are you guys serious? That's amazing. I did something similar myself by equipping as many Power Jump badges as I could and while it cost me a lot of FP, it also helped me cause a lot of damage.

Also, there was this one file where I got really lucky and kept finding enemies with Pretty Lucky badges, so I had Ms. Mowz stole them. Combine all the Pretty Lucky badges I got with my Lucky Day badge and I never got hit once. 8)

Michelangelo said:
@ Yoshiwaker and Dr. Javelin: :eek: Are you guys serious? That's amazing. I did something similar myself by equipping as many Power Jump badges as I could and while it cost me a lot of FP, it also helped me cause a lot of damage.

Also, there was this one file where I got really lucky and kept finding enemies with Pretty Lucky badges, so I had Ms. Mowz stole them. Combine all the Pretty Lucky badges I got with my Lucky Day badge and I never got hit once. 8)
I tried that with the Power Jump badges, but really you aren't getting as much damage as you could out of it. You only get like 1 more damage for 2 more FP? It's good if you only use one, but as you keep stacking them it just keeps getting worse. Eventually Spring Jump is a much better alternative.

And you think sixteen damage is amazing, you should see the Yoshi Kid after he uses Charge for five turns.

*Ground Pound*

6!-5!-4!-3!-2!-1!

21 damage total. For 5 FP and 1 BP.

Though it did take five turns...

What's even better is Stampede after that. O_O

Actually, he does 2 more damage for each time he charges... >:D

So, anyways, for me, technically the worst badges are all the Hammer badges since I always use Jumpman.

Also the Slow Go Badge is slightly useful in the X-Naut Fortress, at that part where you need to walk in a certain line.

And you can use Double Pain to make Paper Mario TTYD: Hard Mode.

Dr. Javelin said:
And you think sixteen damage is amazing, you should see the Yoshi Kid after he uses Charge for five turns.

*Ground Pound*

6!-5!-4!-3!-2!-1!

21 damage total. For 5 FP and 1 BP.

Though it did take five turns...

What's even better is Stampede after that. O_O

Imagine if you had a Power Punch and/or used Power Lift.

Also, I only did the Power Jump thing because I was bored.

Meh, I like using the hammer badges. Especially Fire Dive. Mainly because the Hammer action command is easier to pull off.

I used to use the hammer a lot just because it was easier, but now I think they're both really easy. Plus using any kind of power booster boost your attack by two instead of one. :boshi:

You think its easier?

Well then don't use the All or Nothing badge if you're having trouble with the Action Commands.

Yoshiwaker is such a pro at TTYD that he does double Stylish every time he does the jump. It's ridiculous.

We don't use hammers because when you use Power Plus badges, it brings up Hammer damage by one but Jump total damage by 2.
Stupid post conflict. He beat me to it.

Back