R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Im sure microsoft could make some good technology aswell as nintendo

See not all rich people are bad all this stuff High Speed Internet, I-phones, I-pads, etc., stemmed from Capitalism from people like Steve Jobs, who was not evil because he was rich, but because he provided Goods and Services millions of us love to use is why he was rich. All the money he had couldn't save him from his cancer :'(

He was one of the most inspiring people in the world to me, and he started out as nothing and ended up being one of the most richest people in the world. Honestly, his work was amazing and he was a true legend. R.I.P Steve Jobs

SuperMario25 said:
Nabber Simpson said:
Vanillite said:
HE CO FOUNDED PIXAR?!

RIP Steve Jobs

Yup. No wonder they're so amazing.
But I don't like their recent movies...

Which Movies are they?
Don't like WALL-E too much. Up was okay, but really sad. Toy Story 3 was okay. Didn't see Cars 2, heard it was the worst of all of them.

Nabber Simpson said:
Don't like WALL-E too much. Up was okay, but really sad. Toy Story 3 was okay. Didn't see Cars 2, heard it was the worst of all of them.

I loved WALL-E, Up and Toy Story 3. Haven't seen Cars 2.

But we're going pretty off-topic.

Steve Jobs was no a founder of Pixar. Pixar started in 1979 and Steve Jobs didn't enter it till 1986

SuperMario25 said:
I just Can't believe he died
I konw you'd think he coulda beat cancers with the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS he had!!! Considering middle class people do sometimes!

Marwikedor said:
SuperMario25 said:
I konw you'd think he coulda beat cancers with the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS he had!!! Considering middle class people do sometimes!
What the hell does class have to do with anything

Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
SuperMario25 said:
What the hell does class have to do with anything
I mean since he had so much money you'd think he coulda got the best doctors and care IN THE WORLD when Middle class people beat cancer who dont have all that much money

You people also forgot Steve's another creation, which made Mac OS X possible: NeXTSTEP.
Without that, we still had Mac OS Classic.

RIP Steve Jobs, I wish his family all the best with their loss.

This is extremely upsetting, considering that we lost a man with great achievements of the latest generation. I learned upon his death during my last lecture, and he was really inspirational in the video we watched about him (his speech about cancer and how that "everyone should live each day as if it were their last").

R.I.P. Steven Paul Jobs

This man was a great person. He revolutionized technology, and we would be no where without him. It's very sad that he has died, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

May he rest in peace.

Supremo said:
R.I.P. Steven Paul Jobs

This man was a great person. He revolutionized technology, and we would be no where without him. It's very sad that he has died, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

May he rest in peace.

Just found this on a blog I visit, and I thought it was worth re-posting.

I was never a regular consumer of Steve Jobs' or Apple's products. I have some, but I'm a longstanding PC user and was never down with the iEverything lifestyle. Not my thing. And I was also never part of the Jobs-As-Techno-Prophet hagiography.

That being said, two things simply cannot be denied in the wake of his passing:

1. Jobs, along with the other ground-zero innovators of the home-computing movement, are responsible for creating the world we are in today. Whatever else he may have been, Steve Jobs was one of those rare individuals whose vision and drive to realize it dragged the rest of humanity's sorry ass across the yardlines of cultural evolution. Those who read/watch my stuff know that I am unabashedly glad to live in The Age of The Nerd, where each day makes the intelligent, the creative and tech saavy more and more vital to the world as the brutish and the pre-mechanization "strong" more and more obsolete; and I know that I owe a great deal of the thanks for this Age to Jobs. His name, unquestionably, belongs next to Edison, Ford and the other Titans who built the modern world.

2. Anyone dying in their mid-50s sucks, but a great thinker and creator dying so soon is a fucking tragedy. I know that, for a lot of people, there's something poignant or even "just" about the idea that cancer especially and death/disease in general "not caring" how important the afflicted is - "we're all equal in God's eyes" and all that. Honestly, I've never found that sentiment particularly comforting and certainly can't see what's "just" about it. Someone like Steve Jobs changed the entire world multiple times in just a few decades, how much further would we have moved ahead if he'd had a few more? There's no "balance" in that... no "great mystery." The whims of fate, destiny, whatever aren't things we should happily going along with - we should treat them like obstacles to be overcome. To me, that's what makes sense.

:'(

*Shigeru Miyamoto, Masahiro Sakurai or Satoru Iwata dies*

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Back