Typical Tragedy

This poll doesn't work.

• Yay?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noooooo.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I don't think their website was up at the time, since they recently had a name change to Nintendo Gamer and got a whole new webtsite. :-\ they only mentioned him briefly twice, once in the preview or review and once in a caption in a different game review in a different issue. They didn't mention anything other than the name, so it doesn't seem too spoiler-y.

TYPICAL TRAGEDY NOW HAS A FULL SOUNDTRACK IN DEVELOPMENT. THIS IS SORT OF A BIG DEAL.

It's being made entirely by Scarecrow. The track listing isn't final, but this is what he and I drummed up in query.

• Main Theme
  • Tabuu's Theme
  • Smiley and Alex's Theme
  • Scarecrow's Theme
  • Walkazo and MBV's Theme
  • Pantaro and Javelin's Theme
  • Mul
  • Adva
  • Sub
  • Nega
  • Rudnicki
  • Michael's Theme
  • Zanza's Theme*
  • Final Battle
*Turn down your headphones a little- some parts get really high-pitched.

The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight said:
my scheme to piggyback onto tabuu's popularity is complete
silly scarecrow my writing just piggybacks onto yours
which probably explains why we're both so unpopular

I managed to turn it off. See?

So, uh, any chance of an update any time soon? [/curious, but trying not to be annoying]

Yeah. The writing is great and all, but by this point the fighting is just droning on. Their styles aren't changing and it's really a hack-and-slash thing where you just hope they don't cancel out your attack. I want something other than endless fighting.

Nabber said:
Yeah. The writing is great and all, but by this point the fighting is just droning on. Their styles aren't changing and it's really a hack-and-slash thing where you just hope they don't cancel out your attack. I want something other than endless fighting.

Play Dynasty Warriors then.

Great chapter; nice strategising; fun little references and humour too; great chapter theme; well done on another great chapter, dude!

[quote author=Javvylin Noir]That’s why he was an advantage over you.[/quote]
Though I'm thinking that the word that would fit that part of the sentence better is has.

Nabber said:
Yes, because I had absolutely no dialogue or description or plot advancement or humor or anything of the sort in that chapter. Maybe you weren't paying attention to how I tried to end almost all the fighting and had a little hint in there about Alex's true character. But no, I'm ready to bet you just saw fighting and cried and clicked away before you bothered to read the rest of the chapter.

Bec Noir said:
[quote author=Javvylin Noir]That’s why he was an advantage over you.
Though I'm thinking that the word that would fit that part of the sentence better is has.
[/quote]
Fuck man where is that sentence

Actually, I took the time out of my day to read your annoyingly long chapter, so next time stop jumping to conclusions as soon as someone says something about story. You act like they're perfect.

No, they aren't perfect. By a long shot. Nothing is.

But you didn't bother to comment on anything else in the chapter, which, frankly, pisses me off.

I don't comment on every single detail. I comment on what I don't like in a story. You should know that by now.

I guess you have a point there, but you talk like the only thing that exists in the entire chapter is the parts you don't like.

Don't Fear said:
I guess you have a point there, but you talk like the only thing that exists in the entire chapter is the parts you don't like.
I just feel like the plot, backstory, and character relations are overshadowed by the battles. After all, most - if not all - of the dialog that goes on in this chapter is during the battle.

And where in the world is Javelin this whole time? He's talking to them, but where exactly is he?

He's with MBV, gathering Intel from there (a safe location) and giving out whatever advice he can for the battle. Javelin isn't a Slayer Sage- he's just a Sage, so he isn't all that great at combat, especially in urban areas.

The battles are there to develop the characters, backstory and plot, not hinder or overshadow it.

Nabber said:
And where in the world is Javelin this whole time? He's talking to them, but where exactly is he?
It was mentioned in a previous chapter that I was staying behind to protect MBV and coordinate the group's efforts with stuff such as saying who is weak against what and such. If it wasn't for me, Tabuu would have kept wasting his energy on fighting Plumber. That trick with the all elemental attack was a one time deal, and also only worked cause Stumpers was low on health and couldn't defend well against it.

I do have to agree with Nabber in the fact that the battle has been going on for several chapters, which is rather excessive. I mean, we just took out four Subs in one battle. That's moving a little too fast, especially compared to the earlier parts of the story which were much slower paced. I wouldn't have minded saving more of them for later, as long as they were dealt with after some more plot drive was added or something.

What's my main issue? I suppose it's that the characters are no longer pushing towards their main goal- taking over Wikia's Sysop Tower or strategists or whatever. We haven't heard mention of that goal in forever.
Nabber said:
Actually, I took the time out of my day to read your annoyingly long chapter
> Implying long chapters are bad

You know, I'm not even going to bother posting an image to respond to that. Just...no.

Well Rudnicki and the rest are currently a roadblock in getting there, Javelin. Part 3 will have them (finally) make it to Wikia, but not before they trek across the desert.

Dr. Javelin said:
Nabber said:
Actually, I took the time out of my day to read your annoyingly long chapter
> Implying long chapters are bad

You know, I'm not even going to bother posting an image to respond to that. Just...no.
I'm fine with reading long chapters but I have trouble reading long passages online.

Back