Which stages should return in the fourth Super Smash Bros.?

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Title says it all. Which stages do you think Sakurai should bring back for the fourth Super Smash Bros.? Just don't say Battlefield or Final Destination since they're in every game and it's most likely they'll be in the next Super Smash Bros.

Myself, the stages I'd like to see return are:

Brawl
Bridge of Eldin
Delfino Plaza
Flat Zone 2
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
PictoChat
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Drive
Smashville
WarioWare, Inc.

Melee
Brinstar
Flat Zone
Great Bay
Kongo Jungle
Mute City
Pokemon Stadium
Peach's Castle

So which stages do you guys want to see?

Mario Kart and Corneria.

I HAVE SPOKEN

You left out Temple, Corneria, and Onett from Melee.

I mean seriously those were the only levels I played in Melee.

Dr. Javelin said:

I didn't "leave out" anything. I'm asking for people's opinions, not making a list of every stage. :posh:

Plus, Temple was a terrible stage.

Raphael said:
Dr. Javelin said:

I didn't "leave out" anything. I'm asking for people's opinions, not making a list of every stage. :posh:

Plus, Temple was a terrible stage.
Are you kidding? Temple was awesome.

Back when I was a noob I got to 700% damage with Bowser in Melee.

That level has so many good parts to it. Plus it's the largest level in the entire game bar New Pork City.

The Temple was well-designed, imo. New Pork City just seemed like a giant random clusterfuck of platforms.

My animosity towards Hyrule Temple and New Pork City really stems from the fact that I was forced to play in those stages all the freaking time. Hyrule Temple was pretty much the only stage my rival would pick whenever we played Melee and it was so tedious having to fight Zelda in the Temple every time I did Adventure Mode. Same thing goes for New Pork City except that's where I fought Lucas and Ness everytime I did All Stars Mode in Brawl.

WHY YOU LEFT OUT SUPER SMASH BROS. STAGES!!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Super Smash Bros.
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Princess Peach's Castle
Brinstar Depths
Venom

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Port Town Aero Drive
Yoshi's Island
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza

Raphael said:
My animosity towards Hyrule Temple and New Pork City really stems from the fact that I was forced to play in those stages all the freaking time. Hyrule Temple was pretty much the only stage my rival would pick whenever we played Melee and it was so tedious having to fight Zelda in the Temple every time I did Adventure Mode. Same thing goes for New Pork City except that's where I fought Lucas and Ness everytime I did All Stars Mode in Brawl.
So you've decided not to put Temple on because of your own personal feelings towards it.

Way to be unbiased.

The level's great because it has so many different elements to it that you can exploit to your advantage, like the ramps where you can use Stone with Kirby and slide down, or hide in the cave to avoid Pikachu's blasted Thunder attack...

I love the Temple. It's one of my favorite Melee stages. But I'd rather have Hyrule Castle return after its period of absence, like most other N64 stages.

Dr. Javelin said:
So you've decided not to put Temple on because of your own personal feelings towards it.

Way to be unbiased.

Well, this thread IS about personal opinions and that's what I did. I stated which stages that I personally wanted. It's not like I'm the one designing the game or anything.

Again, how come you didn't include any Super Smash Bros. stages? Just curious?

I just didn't really have a good enough memory of them. Remember, this thread is about our personal opinions of which stages should come back, not which stages will come back. This thread's not gonna have any impact on the game.

Some stages in Super Smash Bros. are good in my opinion and deserved to be returned. Namely Hyrule Castle and Saffron City. But I get your point now.

I like Big Blue too. In fact, there is no stage in Melee I dislike. Sure, I might die a lot on Big Blue or Poke Floats, but the computers fare a whole lot worse than me.

Noki Bay probably is going to be a separate stage, since the returning stages usually don't get altered majorly like that

Yeah, that's what I meant, a separate stage. Corona Mountain would work perfectly though. You could fight on one of those concrete pathways left in the stage, while you saw the spiked platforms and other stuff in the background. And when you fall off, you fall into the lava.

I would want a Super Mario Galaxy based stage over a Super Mario Sunshine based stage though, considering that we already got a Super Mario Sunshine stage.

Oh, and I forgot to add the Great Bay. I still don't understand why they don't return it in Brawl, the water looks perfect for swimming!

Baby Luigi said:
In fact, there is no stage in Melee I dislike.
Even the Ice Climber stage with the camera that always moves up? That one is so annoying.

I want to see the Great Bay course from Melee appear again. It should definitely reappear if they remake Majora's Mask.

Back