The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword 25th Anniversary Edition

It helps quite a bit in some situations.

I haven't used the stone at all this game. I've asked Fi for help plenty tho, which is more than I could say for Navi, Tatl, or Midna.

Mario4Ever said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
Don't worry, the next two temples' dowsing sections aren't nearly as bad ;). The third is almost easy actually. Of course, they make up for it later with plenty more dowsing. It's not going away, unfortunately.

Damn it...ah, well. The sooner it gets done, the sooner I can experience the good *bleep*. ;) Oh, and Ghirahim was an excellent first boss. It took me some time to figure out how to hit him...I've never really had to think when fighting a Zelda boss before.
The rest of the bosses are plenty creative too. The real clincher for me on Ghirahim was the fact that the dungeon item did nothing whatsoever to him. You slash him with your sword in a one-on-one fight. Zelda almost never does that. That and the feeling that you were way outclassed and Ghirahim could kill you at any moment he chose made this a highly memorable first boss.

Crackin355 said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
It's definitely gonna be hard to top that. Just wondering what items they're going to have left to use as temple items since my item chart was filled after the Bow and Clawshots took the last two slots up. An accessory to allow you to walk through some sort of superheated area has been obvious since they had a superheated area and the Silent Realm mechanic began, but I really don't know what the next temple item could be...
You get a little hint of what the last dungeon item will be just before the dungeon. it's a pretty cool item btw.
Oh good, at least it's not a cop-out like an upgrade or something... Does it let you swim in lava?

This is a total guess here, but I think how the next few scenes are going to work out. Link will travel to a new place on the map, probably to the land of the Gorons, then go to the Zoras, and then after that, everything will change and the game gets much darker and harder. Just spitballing here, but I stand by my prediction with a steel pole.

CharizardLover said:
This is a total guess here, but I think how the next few scenes are going to work out. Link will travel to a new place on the map, probably to the land of the Gorons, then go to the Zoras, and then after that, everything will change and the game gets much darker and harder. Just spitballing here, but I stand by my prediction with a steel pole.
Oh, boy, but you've fallen for the classic Zelda cliche... Just wait, that'll get you all sorts of places you don't want to be :evilgrin:

Uh, don't worry if you can't swim underwater, even if the situation seems to be calling for it; trust me on this. Also, Skultullas hanging from the ceiling are easy if you just flip them around and then stab them once or twice. The ones on the ground are easy if you just slash upward and finish them.

Overuse the Slingshot and dungeon item, it'll help immensely.

EDIT:
Well, I wasted 45 minutes on Fledge's minigame, but I finally got that stinking heart piece! Should be able to go into the next temple with around fifteen or sixteen hearts, which is prudent. Getting to the point where the remaining heart pieces are grueling contests of skill... Does the bamboo slice minigame give any good prize at all? Also, where on earth did Fledge get Dusk Relics, which are incredibly rare outside Silent Realms, Eldin Ore, which is only ever in hard-to-reach chests in dungeons and the like, or Ancient Flowers, which only appear after a Timeshift Stone is activated? Makes no sense... Off to Eldin for the last section of this part of the quest. The only thing nagging me is whether the Imprisoned is going to break loose again and how cranky it'll be if that's the case...

New Super Mario said:
Started the Skyview Temple. Any pointers? The Skulltulas are harder than in OoT3D

When you get to the boss, his hand will follow the point of your sword. Slowly move it to his opposite side, then attack the side his hand was on.

Mario4Ever said:
New Super Mario said:
Started the Skyview Temple. Any pointers? The Skulltulas are harder than in OoT3D

When you get to the boss, his hand will follow the point of your sword. Slowly move it to his opposite side, then attack the side his hand was on.
No, let yourself be killed because resistance is pointless.

I wound up circling the sword around like you do to outwit those eye devices, then striking once he was confused. Just don't let him actually grab your sword, because he is quite proficient wielding your weapon against you. Very hard to dodge that.

I finally got the game, and a Wii MotionPlus controller to play it. Unfortunately, I'm currently addicted to Pokemon at the moment, so I probably won't get around to playing it for a while.

Lord Ghirahim said:
I wound up circling the sword around like you do to outwit those eye devices, then striking once he was confused. Just don't let him actually grab your sword, because he is quite proficient wielding your weapon against you. Very hard to dodge that.

Also hard to block effectively (not that you really need your shield for him).

Lord Ghirahim said:
Crackin355 said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
It's definitely gonna be hard to top that. Just wondering what items they're going to have left to use as temple items since my item chart was filled after the Bow and Clawshots took the last two slots up. An accessory to allow you to walk through some sort of superheated area has been obvious since they had a superheated area and the Silent Realm mechanic began, but I really don't know what the next temple item could be...
You get a little hint of what the last dungeon item will be just before the dungeon. it's a pretty cool item btw.
Oh good, at least it's not a cop-out like an upgrade or something... Does it let you swim in lava?
Sadly no, but you may be disappointed. I was at start but it grows on you and actually adds some nice puzzles to the game.

Lanayru Desert was hard to get around in but it had some great puzzles. I like all the areas in Skyward Sword but the flying would annoy me when I went to check for goddess Chests.

Lanayru Desert has very difficult enemies and obstacles, and is large and expansive, but once you make it to a certain point, it becomes easy to navigate the sand and such. Also, its main Temples are quite difficult compared to the others.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I just realized that my wallet right now can hold up to 6500 rupees! :eek:
Oh yeah, how many Gratitude Crystals did that take?

Crystallized feelings of gratitude. It's a sidequest that unlocks right before Lanayru Desert; speak to Kukiel's mom to activate the series of NPC conversations, then follow the quest until you unlock the gratitude crystal quest.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Crystallized feelings of gratitude. It's a sidequest that unlocks right before Lanayru Desert; speak to Kukiel's mom to activate the series of NPC conversations, then follow the quest until you unlock the gratitude crystal quest.
I didn't know where to find Kukiel.

Back