The last posting from your IP was less than 5 seconds ago. Please try again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyGreenMario

Working toward a diva-free community
Wiki Administrator
Pronouns
she/her
MarioWiki
Mario
I have a question. I know BLOF and I are both posting, but every time I want to post, this message appears and I have to retype my post. It's very annoying, especially when both of us are online.

So, the question is this: why are we restricted when it comes to posting quickly? Is it to deter sockpuppets or something? Is there a way around it?

Same thing happens here with Yoshiwaker and me.

I would hazard a guess that it's because the forum is still loading the other person's post. Perhaps it's possible that the two replies could get mixed up somehow if it didn't make you wait 5 seconds?

It's most likely to cut off Spambots.
If you really need to be online at the same time, why won't one of you use a Proxy?
Then you'll not have the same IP Address, but it's recommended to buy a VPS, because free Proxies can be pretty slow, since there are lots of people using that server at the same time, especially Russians, Iranese, and Chinese.

Protip: Wait 5 seconds.
(Use magnets for faster waiting)

Another Protip: Copy/Paste your posts before hitting the "Post" button.

Applejack said:

Do you think we actually know when each of us is going to post? I don't.

I have a potential solution: I could ban one of you for a day then when the ban ends I'll ban the other for a day and so on forever.

:]

Yeah, what a great solution.

Anyway, I guess I just have to live with it

It's only a big problem when you type a giant long post and then it happens.

Or if you auto-log out after typing a giant post.

Which has happened to me so many times I finally clicked the always stay logged in option.

Dr. Javelin said:

Which has happened to me so many times I finally clicked the always stay logged in option.

Combine the IP error, plus posting conflict and it gets annoying. But I can live with it. All I have to do is to recopy the information I had by pressing "back" then resubmitting the post.

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Combine the IP error, plus posting conflict and it gets annoying. But I can live with it. All I have to do is to recopy the information I had by pressing "back" then resubmitting the post.
That used to work without fail.

Then the forum got updated and I have to re-type my posts for some reason.

So irritating at times.

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:

The funny thing is, you have to live with it. "It" is your sister.

There's nothing we can do about this, the IP post-prevention is to stop spambots from filling the forums in under five seconds (this way, it'll take at least five seconds).

Ok, so if it's for the better, I'm ok with it

My solution is still the best.
And about the losing long posts thing:
Here's another great tip.
Be more like Mariorules25, don't make any posts with more than 2 words in them.

Applejack said:

fucking magnets

howe do they work

So, the question is this: why are we restricted when it comes to posting quickly? Is it to deter sockpuppets or something? Is there a way around it?

first of all, that's three questions. here are the answers:

Spambots. No, spambots. Yes, get a separate router.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I have a question. I know BLOF and I are both posting, but every time I want to post, this message appears and I have to retype my post. It's very annoying, especially when both of us are online.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back