The Lion King

Smashgoom202 said:
Raven said:
Great movie with a good video game on the SNES
I owned the Genesis version, I played it ALL the freaking time. The second stage with the giraffes were a pain, though.
I remember that stage and it was hard Aladin also had a good SNES game

Raven said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Raven said:
Great movie with a good video game on the SNES
I owned the Genesis version, I played it ALL the freaking time. The second stage with the giraffes were a pain, though.
I remember that stage and it was hard Aladin also had a good SNES game
OMG, I had Aladdin on Sega Genesis, too! It was COMPLETELY different from the Super Nintendo version, although I played it night and day.

I couldn't get past stage 2 when I played The Lion King on my SNES. Of course, I was still quite young, so my gaming experience was still expanding.

Smashgoom202 said:
I heard that the similarities were just a coincidence, and that this was meant to be more like "Hamlet with Safari animals", according to the development team.
Yeah, the development team would say that.

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I heard that the similarities were just a coincidence, and that this was meant to be more like "Hamlet with Safari animals", according to the development team.
Yeah, the development team would say that.
lolz its a conspiracy

Unlike Hamlet though...

The main protagonist, Simba, along with his friends and family (except Mufasa and Scar, with the latter being killed by the hyenas), are still alive in the end.

MnSG said:
Unlike Hamlet though...

The main protagonist, Simba, along with his friends and family (except Mufasa and Scar, with the latter being killed by the hyenas), are still alive in the end.
Well, it IS a Disney movie.

Can't kill off TOO many characters, you know?

I also liked the games on the DVD bonus disk where you went on a really disturbing safari/boat tour with Pumba and Timone.

For those who own the Blu-Ray copy, has anyone watched the bloopers yet? Some of them were quite amusing, especially in Timon's case, where he rejects some of the bugs he eats.

MnSG said:
For those who own the Blu-Ray copy, has anyone watched the bloopers yet? Some of them were quite amusing, especially in Timon's case, where he rejects some of the bugs he eats.
...Would THIS be one of them?

...Yeeeeaaaah.

Back