Who thinks Glover is underrated?

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
I always loved Glover. Why no sequel?

And if only it hadnt been canceled. I mighta known nobody here would care about Glover. But it should be right up a Mario fan's alley, that's what I'll never get. Remarkable game with even more remarkable music. I know it didn't sell enough copies to warrant a sale. Those douchebag FPSers couldn't play the great game since you weren't shooting everthing that day in 1998. It sold almost a million copies worldwide (0.91 million) isn't that ENOUGH for a sequel? What about a remake for the Wii?!!! Too me it will always be a great game. Like I said, it should be right up the alley of Mario fans, one reply. Which corresponds to the fact that no one care about it when they should care. If anyone sees it in a game nut or wherever, do yourself a huuuuuge favor and pick it up for your 64. To me, it will always be a great game.

Those douchebag FPSers couldn't play the great game since you weren't shooting everthing that day in 1998.

I knew the /Vile Subhuman Ego Shooters Playerbase/ was RUINING GAMING for some unspecified lenght of time, but since 1998? First time I hear that one!

You know Glover wasn't that great. It was alright but nothing spectacular.

Herr Shyguy said:
You know Glover wasn't that great. It was alright but nothing spectacular.
I hope you are just talking about the souless PS port. It never should have happened, just stayed an N64 classic. Aside from the memorable worlds, characters and original gameplay, it has some of the best music in any video game ever and you can quote me on that.

I understand that some people can really get upset when a game they enjoyed is panned or obscure (Psychonauts, why does no one play you?), but I'd really appreciate it if everyone here stopped blaming FPS games for everything.

I think the only genre FPS actually "killed" was adventure, which had more to do with most adventure games being shit than FPS games being EVIL and CORRUPTING.

Disco Inferno said:
MnSG said:
I've heard about that game, but I never played it myself.
don't it was pretty bad the controls were terrible
That's because you played the lifeless Playstation port. The 64 version is what I mean. That's why you think its bad. If you had played the 64, the ONE TRUE VERSION, you would know the controls are FINE.

So great a game I love every boss in the game. Where ELSE can you play a game where a glove where you fight Frankenstein?!!!!!!!!! Mr. Tip Says: You're the kind of fool who bought an N-Gage who don't try this game!

Marwikedor said:
Disco Inferno said:
MnSG said:
I've heard about that game, but I never played it myself.
don't it was pretty bad the controls were terrible
That's because you played the lifeless Playstation port. The 64 version is what I mean. That's why you think its bad. If you had played the 64, the ONE TRUE VERSION, you would know the controls are FINE.

So great a game I love every boss in the game. Where ELSE can you play a game where a glove where you fight Frankenstein?!!!!!!!!! Mr. Tip Says: You're the kind of fool who bought an N-Gage who don't try this game!
No i played the N64 version of the game and i hated it the controls sucked

I have the N64 version and it's just ok.

I borrowed a game from my friend when I was about 5 years old, and several years later I forgot what that game was. I spent a long time looking up games to see what game it was, and then I hear of this game. I think it was this one.

There's the commercial for a GREAT game, I don't give a f#(k what anyone says!!! PLEASE try it for yourself if you are interested. It is not just great in my nostalgic memories.

And who said the controls suck? Oh, really? Why? No reason given. They worked fine for me! Does the ball behave too realistically? Yeah, you never really know where a ball will go when you bounce it in real life.

Oh gosh, Glover. I have that game for PC; bought it 'cause it looked so awesome and fun. It wasn't. It's been a long time since I played it, but I do recall the controls being terrible and making it more painful than anything else to play, so the people criticising those do have a point; they're not magically prejudiced against the game for whatever reason. I'm a fan of platformers, I loved the cuteness of Glover when I first saw it and I thought the concept was really awesome, and when I finally got to play this game, I tried very hard to like it, but that's rather difficult if it seems to actively work against being easily playable.

Vellidragon said:
Oh gosh, Glover. I have that game for PC; bought it 'cause it looked so awesome and fun. It wasn't. It's been a long time since I played it, but I do recall the controls being terrible and making it more painful than anything else to play, so the people criticising those do have a point; they're not magically prejudiced against the game for whatever reason. I'm a fan of platformers, I loved the cuteness of Glover when I first saw it and I thought the concept was really awesome, and when I finally got to play this game, I tried very hard to like it, but that's rather difficult if it seems to actively work against being easily playable.
Well why did you get it for the PC? The N64 version is the only one that exists to me. I have no idea what some people mean about controls. He goes where you press the analog stick! Do they mean the ball bouncing? Just be careful with the ball. Since it's really one of the magic emeralds transformed into a ball, if it breaks, you lose a life!

Don't let it fool you in appearance, it is one of the toughest N64 platformers!

Marwikedor said:
Well why did you get it for the PC?
Not everyone had the kind of money required to buy a Nintendo 64. I was "lucky" to be able to even buy the PC version, so I was even more upset with the controls as I had spent a lot of money on the game and it is thoroughly unenjoyable the way it is. (I can't comment on the Nintendo 64 version, never claimed I could; I clearly only mentioned the PC version in my post. If it's different, that's great for anyone who could afford the console, I suppose.)

Back