Who thinks Glover is underrated?

Vellidragon said:
Marwikedor said:
Well why did you get it for the PC?
Not everyone had the kind of money required to buy a Nintendo 64. I was "lucky" to be able to even buy the PC version, so I was even more upset with the controls as I had spent a lot of money on the game and it is thoroughly unenjoyable the way it is. (I can't comment on the Nintendo 64 version, never claimed I could; I clearly only mentioned the PC version in my post. If it's different, that's great for anyone who could afford the console, I suppose.)
i'm sorry, I didn't know

Fawfulfury65 said:
I might get this if I can find it somewhere. I want to expand my N64 collection.
Try video game stores like EBGames, Game Spot, Game Nut, etc. You'll love it.

*reads through thread*

Jesus Christ Marwikedor don't get so defensive when people criticize a game you love. People have different opinions then you.

How come I have never heard of this game until this topic was created?

Fair enough.

It wasn't very popular. But that's not to say it wasn't popular. It just wasn't "very". But even though it was popular I guess it just didn't get the sequel. Sometimes popularity doesn't always get the sequel. Look how popular Duke Nukem 3D was and we still haven't seen Duke Nukem Forever yet!

we still haven't seen Duke Nukem Forever yet

Are you making a dig at the quality of the final product or are you serious.

Glowsquid said:

One weird thing I remember from Glover is that you could cartwheel by tapping Z but there was only ONE TIME in the game where you had to use it! ...

And yes, I'm totally cereal! I'm dead, super cereal! If you are refering to that POS that CLAIMED to be DNF, which I beat all the way through and then traded in for LA Noire, I don't consider that DNF. That's not the awesome game we were promised 12 years ago from those cutscenes. WTF what that supposed to be? But yeah, it claimed to be DNF, but it wasn't, and... it was @$$!!!!!!!!! So I still wait for DNF like the Hebrews wait for their Messiah.

The Glover sequel would have ruined everything good about the first game. What was incredibly cool about the game was that you need to get the ball to the end and that was it. They managed to come up with amazingly creative puzzles and worlds that that test your mind and skills but the premise was simple and clever.

Glover 2 (from the footage I've seen) sucks all the charm out of the original game by having stupid dialogue, giving Glover fighting moves, and a ridiculous plot that contradicts the first game.

I would love to see a Glover sequel go co-op with one person playing the left glove while the other plays the right glove. You could pass the ball around and solve all sorts of new puzzle with 2 players!

Marwikedor said:
Glowsquid said:

One weird thing I remember from Glover is that you could cartwheel by tapping Z but there was only ONE TIME in the game where you had to use it! ...

And yes, I'm totally cereal! I'm dead, super cereal! If you are refering to that POS that CLAIMED to be DNF, which I beat all the way through and then traded in for LA Noire, I don't consider that DNF. That's not the awesome game we were promised 12 years ago from those cutscenes. WTF what that supposed to be? But yeah, it claimed to be DNF, but it wasn't, and... it was @$$!!!!!!!!! So I still wait for DNF like the Hebrews wait for their Messiah.
Did you really just compare you waiting for a game (which is already out making your point invalid) to the Jews waiting for their savior to return

Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Glowsquid said:

Did you really just compare you waiting for a game (which is already out making your point invalid) to the Jews waiting for their savior to return
Huh? No.

And Koopaul, I didn't know there was footage of Glover 2. They shoulda stuck to the premise of the first one. It sounds like another BK: Nuts & Bolts fiasco.

Back