English.

A bit of Espanol.

A few words in German.

Yes and no in Russian.

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Re: How many languages do you speak?

Nega-Man said:
I was talking about languages you're fluent in.
Oh. Well, just english. And I'm not gonna bother learning how to speak fluently in any other language. Learning english when I was a kid was difficult enough.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Only English. Plan to learn Italian sometime in the next few months, tho.

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
I am fluent in English.

I took 4 years of Japanese in high school. Konbanwa! Watashi no namae wa Erieru desu. Watashi wa ni juu ni sai desu. (こんにちは。私の名前はアリエルです。私は22歳です。) But I am by NO means fluent in Japanese.

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
I learned in my education classes that young children learn a foreign language MUCH better/faster than an adult. Their brains are more like sponges at that age and yeah, can learn other languages much easier than adults/teens.

MCS

Donkey Kong
Yeah, because when you learn a language when you're younger, it sticks to you. That's why I hope I'm fluent in Spanish by college, since I'm taking another Spanish course in high school.

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
Nega-Man said:
Yeah, because when you learn a language when you're younger, it sticks to you. That's why I hope I'm fluent in Spanish by college, since I'm taking another Spanish course in high school.
Yeah maybe if you take enough classes in Spanish. Also, even after 4 years of Japanese, I forgot SO MANY things. I know a few things here and there, and I know how to read Hiragana, Katakana, and some Kanji.
But the BEST way is to start off taking a language as a young child.

MCS

Donkey Kong
Doesn't your brain stop developing when you're 20 or so? Because if that's the case, that's why it's better to learn languages at a young age. I mean, I have a D in Spanish right now, but that's only because I turned in some things late. I'm paying attention as much as I can.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Only English, though I would like to learn Spanish at some point.

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
Nega-Man said:
Doesn't your brain stop developing when you're 20 or so? Because if that's the case, that's why it's better to learn languages at a young age. I mean, I have a D in Spanish right now, but that's only because I turned in some things late. I'm paying attention as much as I can.
Actually, the best time is in early childhood. I had a teacher once who spoke only Russian to his kids for the first three years of their life, and then put them into a normal English-speaking preschool.

They can now speak fluent Russian and English.

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
I am fluent only in English, though I am learning (and failing) Chinese

Lario

Seems so long ago.
There have been topics like this before, but whatever.

First language: English
Next: Spanish and German
Just a bunch of random bits: French, Japanese, and Russian come to my mind first.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
In the right order of learned in history:
Polish (perfect in speaking, horrible in writing).
Dutch (perfect).
English (very good).
German (I can understand them very well, but I don't speak it very well).
Japanese (a handful of words and sentences, I can read Kana, and a few Kanji).

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Steelers Suck said:
somewhat fluent
no such thing

Raphael said:
Japanese (thanks to anime with english subtitles)
Oh, please

Fluent in English and Japanese.

Sufficient German.