Mario Tennis Open

Fuck yes, finally

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Wait, wait, wait, wait... We're people actuall thinking that there were going to be characters in these codes? I thought it was obvious they were all going to be palette swaps from the beginning.

Yes, they were supposed to be "top-secret" characters and that a section on the Japanese website said, "color".

Yeah, that's how I saw it as there was that rumour of the final section being "top-secret" characters as opposed to simple recolors. I guess I took it too seriously... :(

Smashgoom202 said:
Smugleaf said:

Metal Mario confirmed.
Metal Mario, huh? I GUESS that's a step up from a re-colored Yoshi. He does have a bit of a coolness factor about him. Now if only we can get Rosalina in there, somehow...
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo why Metal Mario why. I hate that damn character far too much.

Metal Mario isn't the worse character; however, I would have better accepted him if Camelot had at least included the essential characters as opposed to just making them Mii costumes/not making an appearance and having recolors of the most famous characters being available instead as playable characters.

The hatred towards Metal Mario is just ridiculous. Come on, it's just Mario with a different color. I can understand the hatred against having him as playable over other better characters, but hating the character?? It's like hating Mario himself, which is kind of ironic because look at the website you're right now.

Anser said:
The hatred towards Metal Mario is just ridiculous. Come on, it's just Mario with a different color. I can understand the hatred against having him as playable over other better characters, but hating the character?? It's like hating Mario himself, which is kind of ironic because look at the website you're right now.

We're not hating the character himself, we're hating the decision.

It's a terrible one and you know it.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

Sorry, seems like I don't know it. I honestly like this, I liked him in MK7, why not here.

Everybody can hate him but nothing's gonna change it.

Metal Mario is primarily hated in Mario Kart 7 for the fact that he has an advantage over the other characters in his weight class. Anyway, just because Metal Mario is present in Mario Tennis Open does not mean that he's going to be abused a lot.

That's true. But there are those people who don't care about statistics and just play the game...

Baja said:
That's true. But there are those people who don't care about statistics and just play the game...

That would be Me. Instead of choosing the good characters in MK7, I made a kart with horrible handling and overall meh stats with my Mii. Because I felt like it. I'm just a simple person I guess.

Crackin355 said:

"Everyone" hated Baby Daisy and she has yet to appear so far.
"No one" cared about Donkey Kong Jr. and he has disappeared.

MnSG said:
Metal Mario is primarily hated in Mario Kart 7 for the fact that he has an advantage over the other characters in his weight class. Anyway, just because Metal Mario is present in Mario Tennis Open does not mean that he's going to be abused a lot.

AND that the decision to put him in was a bad one. AND the fact that people abuse him online and that they are usually awful Maka Wuhu spammers themselves.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

"Everyone" hated Baby Daisy and she has yet to appear so far.
"No one" cared about Donkey Kong Jr. and he has disappeared.

MnSG said:

AND that the decision to put him in was a bad one. AND the fact that people abuse him online and that they are usually awful Maka Wuhu spammers themselves.

She'll appear again sometime, she's a late filler character. When they need to fill space, she'll be back. Metal Mario has been pushed to a early filler character, so he fills in the empty spots more often.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

Which is exactly what I said. I was referring to these types of posts:

Smashgoom202 said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo why Metal Mario why. I hate that damn character far too much.

Yeah, I don't understand the Metal Mario hate. If you don't like him, don't play as him. Simple as that.

However, the decision to put him playable over other viable characters is a silly one at best

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah, I don't understand the Metal Mario hate. If you don't like him, don't play as him. Simple as that.

However, the decision to put him playable over other viable characters is a silly one at best

I can't agree more.

The only difference is that he's not over playable characters, just costumes. Having Metal Mario is the same as having Bee Mario or Cloud Mario. Except he sort of counts as his own entity now, so he's a palette swap that would make sense when going against himself. Like how Yoshi Colours make sense going against the original, since it's a species, and each one looks the same but isnt the same Yoshi. Did that make much sense?

EDIT: PAL got Metal Mario QR codes. One thing to note, he's very shiny. I'll be shifting from Black Yoshi to him, depending on how he plays.

Metal Mario is a Power Character, so don't expect it to be as fast as Yoshi.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Metal Mario is a Power Character, so don't expect it to be as fast as Yoshi.

I know, he's as slow as a power character, but with less reach. But, from what I've played, it definitely feels like he's got the strongest hit. The serve is like a purple chance shot (flat). And the red chance shot (topspin) is strong as well.

So he's a good choice for me, since I like smashing the ball across the court

Metal Mario's way too slow for me, so I'll be sticking with Yoshi.

BMB said:
I really should buy this game. It would be the one game I don't have that has Baby Mario in it. The game looks like loads of fun too!

It is fun when you're pegging Wario or Dry Bowser with Baby Mario. Baby Mario is what drives the ratings up ;)

Why does everyone need Yoshi when picking a Speed character? There's also Birdo, but yeah. Who likes her anyway? :birdo:

Snifit said:
Why does everyone need Yoshi when picking a Speed character? There's also Birdo, but yeah. Who likes her anyway? :birdo:

No one needs Yoshi as long as you have Baby Mario! :D

Back