Mario Tennis Open

If we go through many different Mario's, I think they should release a Patch to include Cat Mario:
I mean, the QR unlockable Characters are, in fact, already in the game, they've just kept secretly.

8 QR characters....every single one of them reskins....

Camelot deserves a major facepalm

Thank you Galactic Petey, at least you expressed how I feel to Camelot.

BTW, the reason Petey isn't playable is the Miis got him and skinned him. The suit itself looks pretty sad.

I wouldn't mind the recolors if 7/8 of them weren't Yoshi recolors and if other characters got them as well, maybe even alternate suits even (Wario in his WarioWare outfit, etc).

I don't know what people were expecting with QR characters. I did kind of say that Camelot isn't dumb enough to keep things as important as entire characters away from people with codes instead of having them there in the first place. I hate to say it, but that would be pulling a capcom if they kept full characters from us. Except without having to pay $2 for each color.

Plus, they're just recolors, and Yoshi colors and metal Mario are simple ones, that they decided to make for us and give us a qr code hunt with, but everybody hates them for giving us more stuff? We should be grateful with what we get instead of whining about who we think should've been in it. Because not every character is going to be in every game.

Okay, my rant is done. ^Short story, get over it.

Crackin355 said:
Plus, they're just recolors, and Yoshi colors and metal Mario are simple ones, that they decided to make for us and give us a qr code hunt with, but everybody hates them for giving us more stuff? We should be grateful with what we get instead of whining about who we think should've been in it. Because not every character is going to be in every game.

It's not the fact that we got more content that is bad, it's the fact that the said content is totally horrible and Camelot has wasted potential for potential other characters.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

It's not the fact that we got more content that is bad, it's the fact that the said content is totally horrible and Camelot has wasted potential for potential other characters.

Recolours = Complete Other Characters

My argument was that it's completely stupid to keep full characters away from us wasnt it?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you and you mean potential better recolours. No offense, but a change of a characters clothes is no different from these recolours. Even Baby Mario having green instead of red is the same as these. Good recolours would be a cloud or bee suit for Mario. But then it'd be alternate costumes, not recolours.

Crackin355 said:

My argument was that it's completely stupid to keep full characters away from us wasnt it?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you and you mean potential better recolours. No offense, but a change of a characters clothes is no different from these recolours. Even Baby Mario having green instead of red is the same as these. Good recolours would be a cloud or bee suit for Mario. But then it'd be alternate costumes, not recolours.

Recolors =/= Complete Other Characters

I would much rather have Toad, Toadette, Baby Luigi, Rosalina, Dry Bones, heck, even Baby Daisy over the QR characters we have now. But because recoloring characters takes about 5 seconds to do, plus it's extremely low budget, they had to use the reskinned characters instead.

BTW, Bee Mario or Cloud Mario are NOT recolored nor reskins. So you're right on them being alternate costumes.

Do the QR characters get to play as CPU opponents in the different Tournaments of the game? Or they are there just for the player to choose?

Also, expect Luma recolors as playable in the future.

Anser said:
Do the QR characters get to play as CPU opponents in the different Tournaments of the game? Or they are there just for the player to choose?

Also, expect Luma recolors as playable in the future.

1. No unlockable characters appear as CPU opponents in Tournaments. This includes QR characters.
2. I'm pretty sure that's all the QR codes. Which is a huge stinker.

Honestly, the QR Code feature is cool, but I think all QR Codes should be released to every region at the same time (still want Metal Mario and White Yoshi - North America) and I wish the costumes didn't look so bad. I was excited at a Fire Mario costume (my favorite transformation for Mario) until I wore it. I was embarassed.

It would be rather surprising if Nintendo did pull a Fire Mario QR code on us. But then you'd have to drag Ice Mario and Flying Mario into the picture too.

If those outfits do make it though, then probably...

Fire Mario - Power
Ice Mario - Technique
Flying Mario - Tricky

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

Recolors =/= Complete Other Characters

I would much rather have Toad, Toadette, Baby Luigi, Rosalina, Dry Bones, heck, even Baby Daisy over the QR characters we have now. But because recoloring characters takes about 5 seconds to do, plus it's extremely low budget, they had to use the reskinned characters instead.

BTW, Bee Mario or Cloud Mario are NOT recolored nor reskins. So you're right on them being alternate costumes.

Whoops, worded it wrong. The recolors = complete other characters is what your post was saying because you said room for potential other characters. Which is what my post was explaining, they were never going to be putting in full characters as qr codes in the first place, unless they were extremely stupid.

Also, they would've chosen Yoshi as the recolour candidate because
1. Everyone know him
2. He's extremely popular in the series
3. His species is known for alternate Colours.
4. They needed to pick one specific character, otherwise it could be called the 'Mario Hunt' and it wouldn't make sense because Mario is one specific character, where as, Yoshi is a species.

There's plenty of reasons why they did it.

And for metal Mario:
1. He's appeared in a game before (MK7)
2. The recolour is of the main character in the series, if they dd a recolour on Diddy, it would mean the main character of the entire series doesn't have one when there's a variety to choose from Mario's recall our choices.
3. If it was only a clothes change, it would sill be Mario vs Mario, which would be completely stupid. I know there's baby Mario, but he's already proven himself as an almost separate character than Mario.

I'm actually neutral against the QR characters. I mean, I like Yoshi, so I have no problem having him many times in different presentations. Metal Mario is also kind of cool, I guess. However, I would have used those characters spots on something else. What I am against is how Camelot threw away a lot of space with those stupid, useless suits. I mean, come on. Wouldn't it have been better if they had added actual characters? People really want to play tennis as Toadette, Koopa, Rosalina, Baby Luigi, Shy Guy, etc, and you give us those stupid suits? I really can't understand this.

I'm not too thrilled with the Metal Mario addition as well. I guess in the end it was just a letdown to me considering that he was hidden for nearly a month since the game's release (the potential QR characters were pretty much my basis for getting this game). I was expecting some actual QR characters rather than another palette swap though I guess that was a bit too much to ask for. Camelot's selfishness didn't come through their own human characters this time, but rather with the Mii characters.

...Maybe Toad, Toadette, Baby Luigi, etc will get their chances in the next Mario Tennis game. :(

Propeller Toad said:
I'm not too thrilled with the Metal Mario addition as well. I guess in the end it was just a letdown to me considering that he was hidden for nearly a month since the game's release (the potential QR characters were pretty much my basis for getting this game). I was expecting some actual QR characters rather than another palette swap though I guess that was a bit too much to ask for. Camelot's selfishness didn't come through their own human characters this time, but rather with the Mii characters.

...Maybe Toad, Toadette, Baby Luigi, etc will get their chances in the next Mario Tennis game. :(

Wait, wait, wait, wait... We're people actuall thinking that there were going to be characters in these codes? I thought it was obvious they were all going to be palette swaps from the beginning. Whatever, I did say not too get your hopes up...

I didn't have any hopes though, so when I saw metal Mario I was happy. I don't give a fuck what it is. More content is more content. Bring in baby daisy for all I care, it's 1 better than 0 extras.

Crackin355 said:
Wait, wait, wait, wait... We're people actuall thinking that there were going to be characters in these codes? I thought it was obvious they were all going to be palette swaps from the beginning.

Yes, they were supposed to be "top-secret" characters and that a section on the Japanese website said, "color".

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Wait, wait, wait, wait... We're people actuall thinking that there were going to be characters in these codes? I thought it was obvious they were all going to be palette swaps from the beginning.

Yes, they were supposed to be "top-secret" characters and that a section on the Japanese website said, "color".

Wouldn't the color part give you the idea tha they were just going to be Colours? Unless I read it wrong or something.

Smugleaf said:

Metal Mario confirmed.
Metal Mario, huh? I GUESS that's a step up from a re-colored Yoshi. He does have a bit of a coolness factor about him. Now if only we can get Rosalina in there, somehow...

Red Yoshi is now available in Europe and Australia:
RedYoshiQREUAU.png

Back