Super Smash Bros. Brawl Stories

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
I'm aware that we all have stories to tell about Brawl. LOTS of stories. What were you doing when it came out? Maybe there was a funny picture you took? This is the place to tell your ol' sea tales about the most epic game. EVER.

Probably the time when I beat Javelin about 10 times in a row with ROB even though he was using his best characters.

Moved to appropriate board.

Yoshiwalker said:
Probably the time when I beat Javelin about 10 times in a row with ROB even though he was using his best characters.
ROB is awesome. I put him in my personal top 5.

When it came out I was at Gamestop for the Midnight Launch. It was very exciting to get that game. I just had to get it ASAP as soon as Sonic was announced months and months earlier. I would of still got it without him since I was a Smash Bros. fan since the N64 days but his inclusion made it all the more exciting.

Boss Battles on Intense, use Fox McCloud. Reflector is the bane of Rayquaza, Meta Ridley, and Duon.

My story:
So a friend came over to sleep over, and in the middle of Sonic Riders, BAM! The power goes out. So we panic, and we're forced to play *GASP* Othello and other board games. This is the night before the game comes out.
So in the morning, I go over to my friends house. And he's like, "I didn't preorder the game." So I'm like, "You're not getting it."
I think you can tell what happens next.
So we spend all days playing the Subspace Emissary, and then he comes back to my house, the power's still out. And later, it comes back on! So we play EVEN MOAR BRAWLZ!!!
Most epic weekend ever.

I hacked my Brawl. With Baby Luigi in it, Brawl got 100x cooler for me

Before the game was released, I went to GameFAQS and went to the boards and I read about his one topic where a guy pre-ordered Brawl, got it early and when he opened it up, there was a disc for Melee instead. That kind of gave me a nightmare until I realized it was a joke topic.

When I finally got the game and unlocked Sonic, I tried out his taunts ("You're too slow!" and "C'mon! Step it up"), then I touched a poison mushroom and Sonic sounded hilarious. I rarely show emotion outside except for anger, but on the inside, I was laughing so hard.

I also met the requirements for unlocking Ness, but he picked up all 3 parts for the Dragoon and I tried to avoid it, but I got hit and got one-hit KOed. It's funny because I didn't know the Dragoon was a one-hit KO.

I got a Manaphy and switched bodies with Wario. Muahahahahaha.

Is he rarer than Mew, Jirachi, and Celebi? Because I find one of these guys at least like 1/10 hour long plays.

One story was I was playing with my sisters. I won against them like, 15 times, and they didn't want to play with me anymore because I beat them so much. I can say, my big sister beats me rarely.

On that wifi mode where you bet coins on players, I kept betting on Kirby and I won 15 times until Kirby QUIT. Then I bet on Meta Knight and lost.
I took a picture of Samus half in her suit and half out of it. Basically, her final smash mid-way. It LOOKS CREEPY.

PandaSoul said:
Is he rarer than Mew, Jirachi, and Celebi? Because I find one of these guys at least like 1/10 hour long plays.

I don't know. It could be just the random probability.

^This isn't Brawl-related, but use an electric attack on Samus in Super Smash Bros. and pause at the right moment...

Well... it's not disturbing. It's just... you see a greenish woman body instead of the usual skeleton.

Don't worry, I will try to upload a nice picture of nice Samus.

Once I was doing Subspace Emissary and I was fighting Ridley. So he had some HP left and he killed me somehow, so right before my next character got transported, Ridley ran into a Blast Box and killed itself :P

yoshi123 said:
Once I was doing Subspace Emissary and I was fighting Ridley. So he had some HP left and he killed me somehow, so right before my next character got transported, Ridley ran into a Blast Box and killed itself :P

Fail.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Well... it's not disturbing. It's just... you see a greenish woman body instead of the usual skeleton.

To add to the oddity, Kirby and Jigglypuff don't have a visible skeleton when they're electrocuted.

Back