Rare discusses with Microsoft about moving back to Nintendo.

Pinkie Pie said:
Well, that doesn't mean they can't still make 3DS games.
It means that the games they will make will either A: Suck B: will be remakes or C: will be decent games that get no advertisement because Microsoft wont let them be advertised

They will be good Goomba's Shoe

Dr. Eggman said:
They will be good Goomba's Shoe
No they wont or Microsoft will refuse to allow the game top be published and if it is published Microsoft will take Nintendo to court and win because they have exclusive control over rare

I like all the people saying they love the Conker series in this thread. I'm not entirely convinced they know how vulgar and audacious it is.

I also love all the Microsoft hate. They legally acquire the rights to a company that makes a few Donkey Kong games and, OH MY GOD, they're the ultimate evil! Fanaticism is so very amusing.

I came.

Also, I'd like to see Conker again--the N64 game was actually fun and was more of a parody of M-rated games.

there's so much wrong with the title of this thread, it's amazing:

1: The "new" linked in the OP dates as far back as April.

2: As pointed out earlier, developing for a Nintendo handheld /=/ "moving back" with Nintendo. Microsoft has no handheld device of its own and no interest in entering the market, so it's perfectly acceptable for Rare to develop for the 3DS. But that doesn't indicate anything toward a change in ownership.

3: That isn't even a new developement for Rare, because they already developed Diddy Kong Racing DS and Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise (two epic blockbusters everybody remember) for the DS while under Microsoft ownership.

and honestly, I really don't see the big deal considering Rare is essentially a shambling corpse of its former self destined to whore out shitty Kinect minigame compilation and X360 Avatars up until the remainder of its corporate life. I mean, when the pitch of their latest product is:

Get fighting fit the Kinect Sports way! Hit calorie-loss targets by beating mascot rivals in the Calorie Challenge Pack: STEADY CELERY, BLAZING BANANA, MIGHTY MILK, SUPER SODA, PEPPY PIZZA, and CHUNKY CHOCOLATE. Also includes Free Play mode and 10 achievements for 250 gamerscore, with food mascots selectable in Party Play.

I think it would be better to pray that more competent developers snatch up Rare's license. I'm sure Retro Studios could make a decent Banjo game...

Glowsquid said:
there's so much wrong with the title of this thread, it's amazing:

1: The "new" linked in the OP dates as far back as April.

2: As pointed out earlier, developing for a Nintendo handheld /=/ "moving back" with Nintendo. Microsoft has no handheld device of its own and no interest in entering the market, so it's perfectly acceptable for Rare to develop for the 3DS. But that doesn't indicate anything toward a change in ownership.

3: That isn't even a new developement for Rare, because they already developed Diddy Kong Racing DS and Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise (two epic blockbusters everybody remember) for the DS while under Microsoft ownership.

and honestly, I really don't see the big deal considering Rare is essentially a shambling corpse of its former self destined to whore out *bleep*ty Kinect minigame compilation and X360 Avatars up until the remainder of its corporate life. I mean, when the pitch of their latest product is:

Get fighting fit the Kinect Sports way! Hit calorie-loss targets by beating mascot rivals in the Calorie Challenge Pack: STEADY CELERY, BLAZING BANANA, MIGHTY MILK, SUPER SODA, PEPPY PIZZA, and CHUNKY CHOCOLATE. Also includes Free Play mode and 10 achievements for 250 gamerscore, with food mascots selectable in Party Play.

I think it would be better to pray that more competent developers snatch up Rare's license. I'm sure Retro Studios could make a decent Banjo game...
Microsoft would not sell Banjo or Conker it would be bad for business

They haven't made a Banjo/Conker game for years! Half of the people I know don't even know him

Wayward Vagabond said:
They haven't made a Banjo/Conker game for years! Half of the people I know don't even know him
So maybe that's there plan a franchise that has games that people enjoy and could sell on a nintendo system but no on a Microsoft system and they own it and wont let go of it

Conker is not a good idea for Smash 4, considering his M-rated history; of course, this is a moot point, seeing as Solid Snake is in Brawl. At least the Banjo-Kazooie series hasn't gone above E10+.

In Australia, Twilight Princess and most of the Metroid games are M-rated, while most of the Metal Gear games are MA. We're sort of idiots that way.

But seeing as how Capcom characters are being considered for SSB4, I don't think M-rated series are far-fetched suggestions anymore.

In Europe, Twilight Princess and most of the Metroid games are rated 12, while most of the Metal Gear games are 16. Do you see any differences here?

YamiHoshi.nl said:
In Europe, Twilight Princess is rated 7, and most of the Metroid games are rated 12, while most of the Metal Gear games are 16. Do you see any differences here?
Wrong, Twilight Princess was rated 12.

I know, I did that out of memory, as I wasn't home, and I was to lazy to login to Nintendo's Media site.

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
In Australia, Twilight Princess and most of the Metroid games are M-rated, while most of the Metal Gear games are MA. We're sort of idiots that way.

But seeing as how Capcom characters are being considered for SSB4, I don't think M-rated series are far-fetched suggestions anymore.

You think that's farfetched, take a look at Brawl's ratings. ESRB rated it T, while the OFLC rated it PG. The T rating that the ESRB uses is basically the equivalent to a PG-13 rated movie. In, fact I do see a pattern with ESRB and movie ratings...

E = G
E10+ = PG
T = PG-13
M = R
AO = NC-17

MnSG said:

You think that's farfetched, take a look at Brawl's ratings. ESRB rated it T, while the OFLC rated it PG. The T rating that the ESRB uses is basically the equivalent to a PG-13 rated movie. In, fact I do see a pattern with ESRB and movie ratings...

E = G
E10+ = PG
T = PG-13
M = R
AO = NC-17
What's NC-17?

Wayward Vagabond said:
What's NC-17?

You're kidding, right? NC-17 basically means that no one under the age of 17 is permitted to see the movie. Reasons can include language, blood, sex, and nudity, but at more extreme levels than what an R rated movie can pull out.

With that said, time to go back on-topic.

I think they should be a good new Banjo game not like Nuts and Blots.

Jack Noir said:
MnSG said:
E = G
E10+ = PG
T = PG-13
M = R
AO = NC-17
Well, not many movies are rated G and plenty of games are rated E.

Well, you'd get the idea in the long run.

Ever actually played Nuts and Bolts?

I don't own an XBOX360, so I wouldn't really know.

I never played a Banjo game but a hear that Nuts and Bolts was hated by fans of the first two games.

Dr. Eggman said:
I never played a Banjo game but a hear that Nuts and Bolts was hated by fans of the first two games.

It also interesting to point out that in Nuts & Bolts, the health meter is heavily redundant if you can't lose any lives, which is exactly the case in that game.

Banjo-Tooie, lose all health, you restart back at the world's start point; Banjo-Kazooie, lose all health, lose one life, and restart back at the world's start point (unless you lose your last life, where it'll be Game Over instead). None of those actions are present in Nuts & Bolts.

Back