Rare discusses with Microsoft about moving back to Nintendo.

Oh, derp. Didn't they make Conker's Bad Fur Day as well?

Nega-Man said:
What games did Rare make again?
Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Land Series, Golden Eye, Perfect Love, The banjo Kazooie Series, and the two Conker games

So Rare wants to develop for the 3DS? Alright, that's pretty nice; they're a fine development studio, after all. But how do ye translate third-party development into "They want to break off from Microsoft completely and join Nintendo again"?

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
So Rare wants to develop for the 3DS? Alright, that's pretty nice; they're a fine development studio, after all. But how do ye translate third-party development into "They want to break off from Microsoft completely and join Nintendo again"?
I mix of desperation and false hope combined with fake memories of what did and didn't happen between the two companies

I hope it's true, some of Nintendo's francises can't live without Rare.
Well, DK Country Returns and Star Fox Assault have proven to be able to live without, but I still need to see a DK or Star Fox game from Rare's hands.

Banjo is no Nintendo francise, it's Rare's.

Yeah but Microsoft would want them to stay.

Yep and they made like no games for them and Kinet Sports.

They made a Banjo game on XBox 360 though. Besides, Rare would be able to get away with making 3DS games even if Microsoft still owned them.

Microsoft hated nintendo and think Banjo would be a prefect who their console.

What did Rare even do while with Microsoft, anyway?

I thought their games were better when they were with Nintendo.

Koopa Kid said:
Banjo Kazioie Nuts and Bolts. And a few Conker games, but I would love to have them back with nintendo
And me. And it's like that, it's hard to believe that Kinect Sports and Donkey Kong Country where made by the same people.

Irony of this on the day before this news broke out (Or at least the day before UM made the thread for it) I was talking with Jorge on what'd bring him back to being more Nintendo and we thought of Banjo & Kazooie 3DS. He was saying stuff like "HELL YES". With this news, could this be probable?

If this happens, this will be awesome. I'd love to see a bunch of Donkey Kong games for the 3DS.

Specifically a new Donkey Kong Country game.

Back