The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

It got pretty amazing sales in japan so I wouldn't be surprised. I'll check... It was the 5th highest selling anime of 2013 and 2nd highest of it's season. Monogatari Second Season beat it out by a whole 10k, no surprise because Monogatari is super popular for good reason. Of course, SnK took top spot from Monogatari SS by almost 10k as well.

Hataraku Maou-sama (Really funny, Demon Lord works at McDonalds) and OreGairu (<3) got 12th & 13th respectively. Yay. NouCome only barely got 1k... damn, I loved that show but a second season is pretty much never going to happen with shitty sales like that.

KyoAni would be crazy not to jump at the instant money-maker that is Free! Season 2.

Yeah, it is a money cow and has a huge fanbase.
Even if you aren't a pervy fangirl like me, you will admit that the animation is stunning

Snake said:
Yeah, it is a money cow and has a huge fanbase.
Even if you aren't a pervy fangirl like me, you will admit that the animation is stunning

KyoAni is pretty good with their animation, they make everything look beautiful. Beyond the Boundary was really beautiful but the show itself was average at best. Hyouka was good though.

I prefer SHAFT or BONES though. SHAFT is stylish as fuck, their backgrounds and usage of effects are gorgeous. Monogatari if you want to see how crazy they can get with animating. Anybody who can turn a show that is comprised of 90% talking into something entertaining deserves praise (Even though I was completely confused as to what was happening for the first three episodes, I really had to get a sense of what their style is like since I'd never seen anything like it before that).

Bones just because they have high quality and smooth animation and generally make really nice stuff. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood a few years back, Noragami & Space Dandy this season, Hitsugi no Chaika next season.

Hey, Toei!

Still waiting on news about the Dragon Ball Kai Buu saga. It was mentioned in 2012 and that's it. I asked Chris Sabat about it at a convention last January. He said there will be more Kai.

So tell us something damnit!

Ganondorf said:
Hey, Toei!

Still waiting on news about the Dragon Ball Kai Buu saga. It was mentioned in 2012 and that's it. I asked Chris Sabat about it at a convention last January. He said there will be more Kai.

So tell us something damnit!

maybe they're redoing it so gohan is more important.

Ganondorf said:
That would imply that Gohan was even important in the manga.

well it looked like the buu saga was gonna have gohan as a main character rather then goku, but it ended up being quite opposite.

Personally i would have liked gohan to be more important as i like him quite a bit.

Toriyama wanted the series to end with Cell. To be honest, that would've been a perfect end to the series. We would've missed the outstanding Majin Vegeta fight, but oh well. I think either Gohan or Goten was planned to be the one to continue the series. But the fans started bitching so Goku came back, Gohan got nerfed, and Goten didn't amount to anything besides Gotenks.

Ganondorf said:
Toriyama wanted the series to end with Cell. To be honest, that would've been a perfect end to the series. We would've missed the outstanding Majin Vegeta fight, but oh well. I think either Gohan or Goten was planned to be the one to continue the series. But the fans started bitching so Goku came back, Gohan got nerfed, and Goten didn't amount to anything besides Gotenks.

Sadly, and goten ended up being nothing more yamcha number 2 as well, so that sucked.

I doubt if they are gonna do the buu saga not much will change though, although it would be quite thrilling otherwise.

They'd basically do what they have been doing. Remove the filler, tighten the story, and make it closer to the original manga. Which means no Pikkon or otherworld tournamnet.

Ganondorf said:
They'd basically do what they have been doing. Remove the filler, tighten the story, and make it closer to the original manga. Which means no Pikkon or otherworld tournamnet.

Hmm pikkon was pretty awesome though, and i didnt really mind the otherworld tournament.

Had some good fights to be certain.

Although it probably wouldnt be a big deal if it was cut.

Ganondorf said:
Eh. I don't care much for the otherworld tournament. Removing it and the other filler would pick up the pace quite a bit.

Well some filler was nice, like piccolo and goku getting their drivers license.

But yeah some filler was a bit too much and generally not that great compared to the actual story.

Also remembering cell saga, didnt vegeta say he'd never fight again after cell was defeated?

So anybody who wanted even a little bit of news about a SnK sequel

“The manga comic the anime is based on is still ongoing, and all of us on the staff are following and loving it,” the studio head gushed. “Eventually, we definitely want to do a sequel. This year, though, we’ve got our hands full producing an anime that will be bundled in a limited edition of the Attack on Titan manga, which tells a different sort of story than what we did in the TV series.”

Don't expect a sequel anytime soon, but there will be spin-offs in the meantime.

I watched Danganrompa the anime again. It's sooooo crammed at the start... In the first episode, so much stuff happens...

Homunculus said:
I watched Danganrompa the anime again. It's sooooo crammed at the start... In the first episode, so much stuff happens...
The whole show was pretty crammed, imho. It really needed more than 13 episodes.
Crackin355 said:
So anybody who wanted even a little bit of news about a SnK sequel

“The manga comic the anime is based on is still ongoing, and all of us on the staff are following and loving it,” the studio head gushed. “Eventually, we definitely want to do a sequel. This year, though, we’ve got our hands full producing an anime that will be bundled in a limited edition of the Attack on Titan manga, which tells a different sort of story than what we did in the TV series.”

Don't expect a sequel anytime soon, but there will be spin-offs in the meantime.
*cries*
I get good news about swimmer boys, only to get bad news about Teetan killers
At least its better than a really stretched out S2 and at least we are getting spinoffs.
My brother wants a sequal so he can see Reiner and Betholt reveal their identities

Eh, I'm not too bothered by it. If the next few seasons of anime are as good as this Winter and what looks to be an entertaining Spring, I'll have more than enough to watch.

Oh and this is pretty awesome too. Attack on Titan intro with Smash Bros characters

• Digimon Adventure
  • Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
  • Digimon Adventure 02
  • Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
  • Ikki Tousen
  • Gurren Lagann
  • Oh! Edo Rocket
  • Steins;Gate
  • Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
  • Claymore
  • Fruits Basket
  • Trigun