The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

Smaug said:
Is it Season 2 of Free!?
The news about it at least.
I swear if they end up turning around and say 'lol jk: not really' I will be maaad.

Smaug said:
Flipping a coffee table is the ulitmate sign of rage action.
Yep
anyway, I'm glad that my summer anime has already sorted itself out
as College finishes earlier in the summer compared to school.

Phantom L said:
I just realised that THE NEWS is being revealed in 26 days.
Fanta knows what I am talking about :P
I had forgotten about it until now.

santanoice said:
Phantom L said:
I just realised that THE NEWS is being revealed in 26 days.
Fanta knows what I am talking about :P
I had forgotten about it until now.
Good job I reminded you
Also, apparenty it has already been confirmed that High Speed (Free!'s prequel novel) is getting a second volume so hopefully that helps increase the chances.

Saw some Trigun today, and man that show is so badass! Such a great break from the really "japanese animes".

Guys are mangas better than the animes or is the anime better than the manga?

I need like a list of pros and cons between anime and manga

Well, usually mangas come before the anime, meaning the anime was based off the manga, so there's that.

And typically with mangas, you have to read from right to left, and it can be confusing.

And also, mangas can be a lot different from their respective animes, and vice versa.

Also, let me reccomend you a good manga reading site.

http://mangafox.me

The mangas are all translated, and most everything is already almost complete, at least the popular stuff like Bleach and stuff.

Sylveon said:

If you tend to always like the original plot, like books instead of the movies based off the books, mangas are the way to go. I've read some mangas that I have also watched anime of (Soul Eater and Yu-Gi-Oh!), and they are, to me, better than the anime.

White Album 2 hit me in the feels. All the characters are so human, so you can't blame them for their decisions. They all just want their own happiness and to continue being a group of friends, but it was obvious from the start that nobody would be happy in the end, just watching it unfold was painful. Well played with the opening scene in the final episode, it's not often that you see a sex scene without any fanservice. This is pretty much the one to go to if you're looking for a romance anime that isn't unrealistic.

Animation could've been better though, it was just ugly at some points.

Sylveon said:

Depends, some anime have a great adaption and the manga is subpar in comparison. Mangas are usually much further along in the story. Sometimes the translation to anime can turn horrible though.

Personally, I'll watch an anime until it's finished or I'm caught up (if it is currently airing) then continue on from where it left off in the manga/light novel. If the adaption is horrible, I'll drop it and give the manga a chance. If the manga is horrible, it just means the source material was either garbage or not to my liking.

Now I'm going to watch Noragami, Space Dandy & D-Frag. Noragami & Space Dandy because BONES and I need a new comedy anime since NouCome is over, so D-Frag looks fun.

So Nagi no Asukara is back again after the two week break for the second half of it.

Fuck, it seemed kind of set in stone how the relationships were but this changes everything and I don't know whats going to come next. The third-grader with a crush on her uncle is actually a possibility now? Well, okay then. That won't end badly right? I don't even know why I watch drama/romance shows. They just make me hurt inside when everything goes wrong for the characters.

Also, Noragami was great. Perfect first episode. Funny, Cool, Great animation and gorgeous visuals. Looks like I'll be keeping up with both Noragami and Nagi no Asukara as they air. The rest I'll leave until they're finished.

I'm tempted to watch the anime Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, because I've heard some of the music, which is really pretty, and the summary looks pretty good.

But everyone says it has some violence and stuff in it, but it's still a good anime.

I'm not sure what I should do. Maybe I should watch the first episode and then see from there.

Soundless Voice said:
I'm tempted to watch the anime Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, because I've heard some of the music, which is really pretty, and the summary looks pretty good.

But everyone says it has some violence and stuff in it, but it's still a good anime.

I'm not sure what I should do. Maybe I should watch the first episode and then see from there.

I haven't watched it but yes, it does have violence. I think each 'arc' has a certain amount of episodes before it resets and tells another arc. But I also heard it all comes together at the end.

Anyway, if you absolutely can't stand violence then probably not for you. Because there will be violence.

Lol, some violence? I watched the whole series, and while I quite liked it, if you can't handle blood and gore, don't watch.

higurashi is amazing, but it's not for the squeamish. what walkazo said.

I was watching the first episode, but my mom came home and I had to stop. I actually like it, though.

Rena's voice kind of reminds me of both Liechtenstein from Hetalia and Tsukasa Hiiragi from Lucky Star's voices, but I don't think either of them have the same voice actress as her.

Back