• Mirai Nikki
  • Kill la Kill
  • Pandora Hearts
  • Medaka Box

Erika said:
is anyone else excited for the new sailor moon next month
like its actually new, not refined 90's shit O0
oh great. i'm not even at the old one yet

Does anyone else watch Hetalia or Black Butler? My friends introduced me to these animes and they are by far my favorites.

P.S. If you don't like reading world history or just want a spice up, you should watch Hetalia.

I've seen either 5 or 6 episodes of Axis Powers, and I've only seen 2 episodes of Black Butler so far.

They were introduced to me by my bestest online friend on another site.

I love Hetalia: watched every episode and the movie, listen to the music all the time, and am planning to read trough the manga and webcomics too. It inspires me the same way Mario does, with how it's pretty fanciful and leaves tonnes up to the imagination even when providing so much material to enjoy. The characters are all pretty likeable except Sealand and there's lots of fun to be had, with the few bittersweet stories mixed in with the humour giving the series heart. It gets flak for being so breezy about things like war, and ignoring some of the nastier points in history altogether, but some fans do find the enigmatic series thought-provoking and there are some pretty devastatingly melancholy art and tributes and whatnot out there if you look.

However, you really shouldn't use it to learn history, because it takes a lot of artistic liberties and simplifies things (and starry-eyed fans saying "I know history because I watch Hetalia" is actually one of the reasons the fandom gets so much rabid hate around the internet, so be careful). But I know for me, it's made me want to learn the actual histories behind the fiction (and about geography, language families, flags, cuisine...) - not only to make sure I don't end up believing misinformation, but also because knowing the full story helps you appreciate how clever some of the plots and jokes are.

Well, I was joking on the world history thing. :P Saw it in a youtube comment.

But yeah, you're right on simplification, I ended up googling a lot of stuff. :P

I guess I can chuck Hetalia and Black Butler on my plan to watch list. But that thing has 100+ random anime I saw a picture of and thought looked interesting. Getting through the manga list is much easier so I'm doing that right now.

I watched Plastic Nee-san. What the fuck, it is so weird and I want more.

is coppelion any good after episode 4? i've kind of fallen behind so i'm wondering if it's worth keeping up with.

My Anime List

Anime List
✔=Watched
⭕=Watching
=Paused

-Soul Eater✔
-Death Note✔
-Black Butler✔
-Fairy Tail
-Blue Exorcist(waiting for next season)
-Ouran High Host Club✔
-Angel Beats ✔
-Lucky Star
-xxxHoLic
-Free
-Say "I Love You"✔
-Amnesia
-Brothers Conflict
-Sword Art Online⭕ Ep.-17
-Darker Than Black
-Sgt. Frog
-Another⭕Ep.-4

I guess if we're doing lists...

1. OreGairu / Yahari / SNAFU
2. The Garden of Words
3. Madoka Magica
4. Hataraku Maou-sama! / The Devil is a Part-Timer!
5. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
6. Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin
Accel World
Angel Beats!
Bakemonogatari (+Nisemonogatari)
Bleach
Fate/Zero
Fullmetal Alchemist
Hyouka
Inu x Boku SS
OreImo
OreShura
Persona 4 Animation
Plastic Nee-Chan
Pokemon Origins
Madoka Magica
Say 'I love you'
Sword Art Online
Tales of Symphonia
Hataraku Maou-sama! / The Devil is a Part-Timer
The Garden of Words
The Sunday Without God
The World God Only Knows (Season 1-3)

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova / Arpeggio of the Blue Steel: Ars Nova
Beyond the Boundary / Kyoukai no Kanata
Galilei Donna
Gatchaman Crowds
Golden Time
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Katanagatari
Kill la Kill
Little Busters!
Log Horizon
Love Lab
NouCome / NouKome
Nagi no Asukara
Non Non Biyori
Outbreak Company
Strike the Blood
Tamako Market
Tokyo Ravens
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
White Album 2
Yowamushi Pedal
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

Or you can just click on that watching thing in my signature, that'll take you to my AniList page which has my favourites and plan to watch list.

Dubs (mostly as a kid):

Pokemon (until mid-Johto, then all of Advance and random episodes of Gen 4 onwards; including all the movies and Chronicles, but not Origins yet - which would be as a sub anyway)
Digimon (first three series only)

Subs (past four years, in roughly chronological order; all including the sequel series, spin-offs and movies):

Death Note
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
FLCL
Bokurano
Sola
Evangelion
Elfen Lied
Gurren Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Trigun
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Spice and Wolf
Eden of the East
Madoka Magica
Munto
Hetalia
Princess Tutu (currently watching)

Plus a bunch of Miyazaki films, the Mario anime film and OVAs (including the teaching kanji one), and Akira.

At least, that's what I remember off the top of my head.

One of my friends at college is perswading me to watch 'Ouran high school host club' or whatever it is called, should I watch it when I get the chance?

I know a little bit about it from tumblr.

RED said:
I've seen every episode of the English dub of Soul Eater before it was removed from Netflix, and now I'm going to watch the Japanese version.
I did the opposite. I watched all the sub fist, and then I'm watching the dub on Toonami. I just like listening to Todd Habercorn's and Chuck Huber's voices.

I'm currently watching

Death note
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Hell Girl
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Persona 4: The Animation
Danganronpa: The Animation

So I'm watching a Toradora episode each day from today onward and apparently Christmas Eve will match up with Christmas Eve in the anime. It's like a Christmas r/anime reddit thing and I planned on watching it eventually anyway.

I recently watched Danganronpa: The Animation.

Meh.

Mario4Ever said:
I recently watched Danganronpa: The Animation.

Meh.
I kind of lost interest about 5 episodes in.
I just felt it was rushed, it could have done with more eps really and I hope they do have more than 13 eps for the SDR2 anime (yes, its been p.much confirmed)

I need to catch up on Hetalia.

I've only seen 8 episodes, though I'm already noticing quite a few references... :P

Back