Thunder Cloud

I hope they bring back the Mega Mushroom and POW block.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Mega Mushroom in 3rd place? Sounds like you're playing with the items turned to Aggressive.

Anyway, I actually agree with you. I hate the Thunder Cloud. Unless you manage to bump it into someone, which isn't always the easiest task in the world, it hurts you rather than help.

Never figured out how to change the item mode.

And once again, though I don't oppose items somewhat favoring lower places, MKW made it too unbalanced.

Paper Bowser said:
In MKWii can you disable items?
In VS mode you can, but not in Grand Prix.

Snowstalker said:
Why are they bringing it back? Absolutely nobody thought it was a good idea (at least things like the Blue Shell are polarizing), and frankly it seems that Mario Kart is getting more and more punishing for people who happen to be better. There's the element of chance, and then there's this.
To make the game more broken?

The Thunder Cloud sucks but i understand why it's in the game and it makes perfect sense to make it an item you would get in like 4th place since it can give you a needed boost

Tatanga said:
The Thunder Cloud sucks but i understand why it's in the game and it makes perfect sense to make it an item you would get in like 4th place since it can give you a needed boost

Until it shrinks you and puts you back behind because you couldn't successfully bump it into anyone.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Tatanga said:

Until it shrinks you and puts you back behind because you couldn't successfully bump it into anyone.
You could try and stop and let someone overtake you and give the Cloud.

cuttlefishCuller said:
Leonyx said:
Besides, you don't really need a Blue Shell (or Spiny Shell, whatever) in first place. That wouldn't make sense.

I received a Spiny Shell and moved up to first without using it once. I decided to try it out to see what would happen. It still hit me ;_;

Lol, I did that too... Big mistake.

So... where was it confirmed that the Thunder Cloud was coming back to Mario Kart 7?

Blue shells: Annoying, but it depends if gets me or get it
Thunder Cloud:Can be annoying if you cant find anyone
Green shell:Not bad
Red Shell:If you dont have a bannana your screwed
Bannana:Not bad , can be easily dodged
Mushroom:Makes you fast, the triple version is better
Mega Mushroom:Oh yesh
Bullet Bill:Awsome
pow Block: So easy to dodge, just flick the wii remote

My take on some items:

Banana:PATHETIC
Triple Bananas: Not bad for defending, but you can't use another item that's offensive until you drop them.
Green Shell: PATHETIC
Triple Green Shell: See Triple Banana
Red Shell: Great if you are stuck in a position.
Triple Red Shell: One of the greatest items in the game.
Mushroom: OK.
Triple Mushroom: NOW you're talkin'!

Wayward Vagabond said:
cuttlefishCuller said:
Leonyx said:
Besides, you don't really need a Blue Shell (or Spiny Shell, whatever) in first place. That wouldn't make sense.

I received a Spiny Shell and moved up to first without using it once. I decided to try it out to see what would happen. It still hit me ;_;

Lol, I did that too... Big mistake.

So... where was it confirmed that the Thunder Cloud was coming back to Mario Kart 7?

Someone probably paused step by step in the E3 video when the item roulette was turning

Doofenshmirtz Evil said:
My take on some items:

Banana:PATHETIC
Triple Bananas: Not bad for defending, but you can't use another item that's offensive until you drop them.
Green Shell: PATHETIC
Triple Green Shell: See Triple Banana
Red Shell: Great if you are stuck in a position.
Triple Red Shell: One of the greatest items in the game.
Mushroom: OK.
Triple Mushroom: NOW you're talkin'!

Perhaps you aren't using the Banana and Green Shell to their fullest capabilities? They are very helpful in first place to slow down any potential overtakers. They are pretty difficult to use, but in my opinion they are the most satisfying to pull off. I love setting down a banana and hear someone spin out five seconds later. Plus, they can be used to block Red Shells and other Bananas and Green Shells.

Green Shells are very useful when Thayer are a lot behind you.

Just press down on the control pad.

Depends on what controller he is using.

Besides, in terms of skill, I like Green Shells way more than Red Shells

You press the item button and use down on the control stick to toss items backwards. Can you toss bananas forward? You can toss Green Shells backwards

Back