Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
the first time i read most of it on an ipad so i just watched the flashes on youtube, but that meant i ended up skipping the walkarounds

nabber made me read it and i liked the capitalised words so i stuck around

also i knew of Troll Romance™ before reading it so i hurried along until a5a1 and completely missed the bulk of the story and was 100% confused until Let's Read Homestuck popped up which forced me to take in everything slowly and actually understand what i was reading

Nabber said:
wait, I made you read Homestuck? im so sorry
That's okay, the benefit this has had on me is that I just think 'it's not as complicated as Homestuck' every time someone mentions 'oh wow this story is super complicated in this'.

I think 2257 and Turb told me to read it back in like 2011...and then I followed it super closely up until like the Trickster mode shit and then I literally never bothered to read until it came back from the year-long hiatus. I also remember going through ACT 1 without the music.

That was certainly a well done animation.

I feel kinda let down that we didn't really... see the actual fight? Just kind of implied it. I guess because Act 7 was more to be about the ending that the final boss, but... idk.

good art and music, at least

(also rip spades slick, killed off as an afterthought)

(and gamzee, locked in a fridge for eternity)

also i first read homestuck by reading the intermission because problem sleuth lite and then decided "might as well see what the rest of this hype is about"

trickster mode didn't lose me but i was starting to lose interest and then the gigapause killed it off for good

I guess that's a thing Hussie did a lot? A lot of the fights were glossed over like...yeah i know act 5 act 1 was condensed but we didn't even see the trolls fight their final boss

And then I believe the Doc Scratch intermission was made instead of a fight animation?

I feel like there's still a lot of plot threads that weren't resolved at all, though

You know PM, that volcano didn't even manage to incinerate a tadpole, what makes you think it's gonna be able to destroy those rings? Rings that are essential game constructs and thus probably can't even be destroyed by falling in the game's own forge. If Can Town includes a school, I hope they'll give you an F for that.

Inb4 the rings plop down in Echidna's lair where some asshole finds them and goes on a rampage all over again. It would be funny. Bonus points if it's some sort of annoying riddle goblin.

Marowak has just informed me that this is apparently a game mechanic, and dunking the rings into the forge is somehow a requirement. I don't remember that but parts of his brain are actually a homestuck encyclopedia instead of whatever they're supposed to be, so it's probably true idk. For the record though, I still think the riddle goblin thing would be funnier. Maybe it can be Clover.

Also in the last flash the ghost army was already fighting Loaf English, yet in this one they are shown advancing towards him as if the battle just started? Maybe Collide never happened. Personally I blame Shrek.

This is all very silly. And hugely unsatisfying.

The animation was nice, but just as good graphics cannot save an unfun game, good animation quality cannot save a lackluster video.

I have thought about this, and there is really only one song that can adequately convey the feeling I have right now.

https://youtu.be/H4wptBuM6zs

Well, that was anticlimactic as hell, but at least it was beautiful.

also rip gamzee aka most important character in homestuck

I guess they created a new universe, which was the point of the entire game. They played it until full. That was what happened.

I am in an 'okay' kind of state at the moment about the entire thing. It was okay. It is okay. It is over. That is a thing that happened. Homestuck is over. It is over. There are no upd8s.

New Update]one more thing. If you're curious about whether there will be anything resembling an epilogue to this ending said:
also rip gamzee aka most important character in homestuck
I believe that the explosion possibly took Gamzee to Caliborn's session?

I was recently introduced to Homestuck and now I am trash! Yay! Kinda ironic I delved into it the day Homestuck ended but whatever...

Also, I must say that I absolutely adore the name of this thread. Can Town is the best. It's half the reason Wayward Vagabond is one of my favorite characters.

on one hand, if i reread it, i might be more satisfied with what homestuck became

on the other hand, im not sure i want to put that much effort into this again

I don't really understand the sentiment of feeling completely disappointed by something, yet still wanting to re-read it even though it'll probably take several weeks, if not months worth of time that could be spent doing or experiencing something enjoyable instead.

Like, not saying this to mock anyone, I really don't understand it.

I want to do it because if I do, I might understand the ending better. I legitimately did not understand half of act 6. I legitimately did not understand anything after trickster mode, or anything after the new trolls had been introduced. I also still do not fully understand most things that lead up to Cascade. Most of Homestuck is still shrouded in mystery that I have a difficult time decoding. I was hoping that now knowing that the storyline ends up in a happy place would help me understand the entire journey, which is why I'm going to re-read it yet again in hopes of understanding this behemoth of a incoherent story. I don't even think I want to do this because I enjoyed it, I just want a challenge in 'how many things can you jumble in your head at once before forgetting any of it' or something.

Back