Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
funny, that happened to be the part when Homestuck was good

well they're still operating with the game's goal of creating the new universe in mind

caliborn's fighting his denizen, which is also a part of the game

people are using their inventories, which is a part of the game, as is god tiers and whatnot

they're still playing SBURB, just not at their computers

i liked it, tbh. i expected fighting and we got fighting.

the story's moved on, and this part is pretty much the final boss - there's not much left to the story or the game apart from the fighting (and, like, the epilogue and stuff) and that's what we got. of course it's pretty predictable from this point - there's not much else left to happen.

also honestly i was getting pretty tired during act 6 when it was first updating like a few years ago (?) but when i went back and reread it i realised that was just because the updates were taking so long - especially the whole trickster stuff. i absolutely hated that back in...2012? 2013? but when i went back and reread it i realised how small and insignificant it really was. i enjoyed everything more and found it easier to understand when i read it all together.

I guess at first, I expected some sort of final twist. And while I'm still not ruling that out, I don't think there is much time left for it. Like MCD said, it was pretty much explicitly stated that this EoA was going to be the final battle of homestuck, one where the heroes will finally face off with the villains, and we got that.
I liked the use of fraymotifs, and the little details found in this flash (Kanaya reading a book and applying lipstick while the other 3 kids use their fraymotif made me laugh, the undertale reference). I liked how Dad Crocker actually does something in this one instead of just, I dunno, be killed or remain imprisoned. Karkat beating Clover, which is the hardest Felt member to defeat due to his luck, is quite impressive. Aradia strangling English with her Indiana Jones whip was pretty badass especially since we haven't seen her in a while. The fact that Roxy is the one who kills The Condesce was really neat (ROXY IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER BY THE WAY IN CASE YOU GUYS DONT KNOW THAT). Etc, etc.
I'm not sure what will happen with Lord English, but he's going to be dealt with during the next 40 pages in some way. I don't think he'll be killed, but my theory is that he'll be sent to "Nowhere" via the house juju(http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009009) and be trapped there for all eternity, unable to harm or be harmed à la Porky Minch. Or he could just be left behind while everyone else escapes to the new universe.
With that said, I'm looking forward to the remaining updates as well as the end of homestuck :3

So on the subject of Fraymotifs: According to a bunch of sources including the flash game where John is walking around in a salamander town, you have to buy those to be able to use them, right? In settlements on player planets?

The planets from the first player session seem to be the only viable locations for the purchase of Fraymotifs, since the troll session planets are unavailable and the second human session doesnt have living NPCs.

But the only aspects that are a legitimate part of that first session were breath, light, time, and space. Where do the other aspect attacks come from? Do the vendors sell those too? So now I have this mental image of like, let's say Dave, walking around buying attacks for hypothetical heart and mind players that don't exist in their session.

So I guess for this to work, the attack vendors would have to sell Fraymotifs for all possible aspect combinations, possibly including the 48 aspects of the squiddle session, meaning the kids might be walking around with those Fraymotifs in their inventories too.

Or maybe Terezi bought a Fraymotif for herself and Aradia in her session, and thus can do dual techs with Dave since maybe they are transferrable by aspect. But that wouldn't be as funny as Dave's moveset being clogged up by moves for the hypothetical aspects of shoe, or yogurt, or math.

Inb4 somebody explains to me that Skaia is all-knowing and has prepared these exact Fraymotifs for the players in advance because everything is predestined and it was the will of the Force that Quigon ran into Anakin on their rescue mission, and other such narrative cop-outs.

Wait, no, I got it. It's like minecraft. They just had their consorts breed excessively until they got enough new merchant NPCs.

I mean, they had like three years, might as well.

The only thing that bothered me was thinking that Equiussprite should have prototyped with Cans, but then I remembered he was level 2 prototyped with the shades.

I thought it was pretty good. It's not supposed to be the finale, so I don't really feel underwhelmed. It was set up to be a lot of fighting, and it was a lot of fighting.

I also thought that Jade waking up was a bad sign, but apparently the Condesce didn't realize she was awake so I guess that didn't factor in. Although Jade still did nothing, lol. Turns out PM didn't need her help.

On a sad note, it turns out that the BEST CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE SERIES, Spades Slick, has perished. Rest in Pepperoni.

Photography Raptor said:
Or maybe Terezi bought a Fraymotif for herself and Aradia in her session, and thus can do dual techs with Dave since maybe they are transferrable by aspect.
Yep.
FAA: and s0 it w0uld be and has been already
FAA: that while distracted by the c0mbined eff0rts 0f 0ur d00med legi0n
FAA: the king w0uld be aggressed by the 0thers
FAA: and even th0ugh each w0uld be well prepared
FAA: perched 0n the highest rungs 0f their echeladders
FAA: equipped with the best weap0nry grist c0uld build
FAA: versed in the deadliest fraym0tifs b00nd0llars c0uld buy

Javelin said:
I also thought that Jade waking up was a bad sign, but apparently the Condesce didn't realize she was awake so I guess that didn't factor in. Although Jade still did nothing, lol. Turns out PM didn't need her help.

I think Jade's presence was what ultimately decided the outcome. Like, on their own, they're a perfectly even match, but with Jade there, it put a dent in their will to fight.

Like, the deciding factor I think was that Jack Noir is actually a really shallow character with poor motivation and a weak will when it comes down to it. There's nothing substantial behind his stab-happy behavior beyond "lol, its fun", so Jade stepping in his way pretty much negated his will and stopped him in his tracks.

PM on the other hand has actual proper motivation to want to see Jack dead because he's a douchebag who destroyed her home country and then later murdered all her friends in cold blood, so that gave her the edge to push past Jade being in the way and cutting Jack down regardless.

So like, if Jade hadn't been there, the fight would have probably gone on forever.

On a sad note, it turns out that the BEST CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE SERIES, Spades Slick, has perished. Rest in Pepperoni.

I know right. Jacks are finally starting to die and I'm like

04104_4.gif

God, I hope they don't stop any time soon.

Count Bonsula said:
Photography Raptor said:
Or maybe Terezi bought a Fraymotif for herself and Aradia in her session, and thus can do dual techs with Dave since maybe they are transferrable by aspect.
Yep.
FAA: and s0 it w0uld be and has been already
FAA: that while distracted by the c0mbined eff0rts 0f 0ur d00med legi0n
FAA: the king w0uld be aggressed by the 0thers
FAA: and even th0ugh each w0uld be well prepared
FAA: perched 0n the highest rungs 0f their echeladders
FAA: equipped with the best weap0nry grist c0uld build
FAA: versed in the deadliest fraym0tifs b00nd0llars c0uld buy

The other option is still funnier.

Oh, they can go ahead and
kill the Jack Noir from the pre-scratch kidverse. I just liked Spades Slick because he was a bro to Karkat and was part of the hilarious intermission, and wasn't really an enemy to the protagonists ever. He just kinda did his own cool thing.

Also, English Jack is dead, so that's neato.

I guess the next-in-line for my all-time favorite is Crowbar.

I will admit he was definitely the least-annoying iteration of Jack Noir.

Any guesses as to who gets the ring now?
I mean, the mayor is the only (named) carapace guy left, right? I guess it would have to be him.
edit: also lol
tumblr_o57mhuzmKo1rw04w7o1_500.png

Count Bonsula said:
so is post scratch DD. We never saw him die. And yeah Slick's death is devastating.

what happened to droog again? they made a big deal out of him getting the ring and doing red miles but nothing really happened

SPEAKING OF RED MILES

WHY ISN'T THE UNIVERSE DESTROYED FROM BEC NOIR'S ATTACK YET? IT'S BEEN SIX ACTS SINCE THAT HAPPENED AND THE UNIVERSE IS STILL FINE AND DANDY

They're in the medium right now, not the universe. The universe is presumably long gone by now.

And also simultaneously it is not, because the flow of time between the universe and the medium is not synchronized.

Oh my god guys, we figured it all out just now:

[22:07] Gabumon what if
[22:07] Gabumon after they create the universe
[22:07] Gabumon shrek destroys it
[22:08] Gabumon there is a point in the first shrek movie
[22:08] Gabumon where shrek inflates a frog and turns it into a balloon
[22:08] Gabumon and then later it floats away
[22:08] Gabumon into the sky
[22:08] Gabumon what if that happens
[22:08] CountBonsula !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(...)
[22:09] Gabumon wait oh my god
[22:09] Gabumon if shrek exists
[22:09] Gabumon what if fiona also exists
[22:09] Gabumon after shrek turns the frog into a balloon
[22:09] Gabumon fiona grabs a snake and turns it into a balloon poodle
[22:10] Gabumon what if lord english turns into his snake form and then thats how he is defeated
[22:10] CountBonsula fiona defeats LE?
[22:10] Gabumon yeah
[22:10] CountBonsula lol

the medium is still part of the universe, though, isn't it? at least that's where droog uses his red miles from, on derse

No, the medium exists outside of the universe the session players came from. The Red Miles that Bec Noir unleashed on the frog that contains the human universe will not affect the medium.

DD used Red Miles on Derse and it caused havoc there, yes. Maybe your confusion comes from the fact that the comic decided to show Dirk and the others dealing with DDs Red Miles on derse simultaneously with showing Roxy dealing with Bec Noir's Red Miles tearing up the human universe. Like, they came from two different sources.

uu: WHAT.
uu: JuST BECAuSE THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING THERE.
uu: YOu THINK THERE IS CORRELATION. BEYOND SOME SORT OF CIRCuMSTANTIALLY SIMuLTANEOuS. FuCKRuBBISH?
uu: YOu'RE SO DuMB.
TT: So, you know why this is happening?
uu: YES.
uu: THESE MILES ARE FROM JACK. WAY OuTSIDE YOuR uNIVERSE.
uu: THE MILES ON DERSE ARE FROM ANOTHER GuY. WHO'S JuST. SITTING IN A CASTLE SOMEWHERE PROBABLY.

Back