Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
News upd8!

Here is the update on two numbers I promised:

EOA6 - 65%
A7 - Still 100%

Additional news: the second Paradox Space book is available to order. It contains all the stories not published in the first book (which you can find here). It also contains a bonus story I wrote which is only available in the book. You can see a preview for that story here: p1 p2 p3 p4

That is all for now! I still have a lot of work to do. Ok, see you later.

Also, I included the links to the Paradox Space preview because it's good, tho it makes me sad that it's not finished and that Paradox Space in general has been on hiatus forever too. Anyway, hopefully that last 35% will get done soon.

I just wish he'd just put all of his attention into finishing the main thing.

He's managed to do about 35% every month, so he should be able to make it to 4/13.

However, it's whether we are going to receive the entire thing within one day, or whether we'll get it spread out. Hopefully the remaining pages will be evenly spread between now and 4/13, perhaps with the final animations being released on 4/13, to mark the 7 year anniversary.

I don't really like posting it at this time, but Homestuck is starting to update.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/

EOA6 - 99%

Here is the plan. Starting today, there will be 6 days of updates (about 125 total pages). Then a brief pause. Then on 4/6, I'll post the END OF ACT 6 animation.

That should immediately be followed by 7 days of updates (about 40 total pages), ending with an update on 4/13, the 7th anniversary of Homestuck. That update will contain ACT 7 in its entirety.

The current 125 page stretch was drawn by a few guest artists. Gina Chacon, Mallory Dyer, and Adrienne Garcia (all artists for WP). The panels they did are very good, and I think make for a nice runway leading up to the final animations. Of course there are a lot of other great contributing artists to all that content as well. Thanks for the patience during the Omegapause. I hope you enjoy the conclusion to Homestuck.

The timing, the fact that there's an update NOW of all times, is just fucking cruel.

Like, I know Hussie can't possibly be aware of his individual fans' fates, but this coincidence is seriously making me sick to my stomach.

Sorry to post.... but oh man... I can feel that flash coming closer and closer and closer. I'm guessing it's going to be an intense end of act.... and possibly crash mspa again.

According to a leaker who claims to know Hussie,
eoa6 is like bigger than cascade and you are going to s*** your pants when you see eoa7
I want to believe that but I won't.

i mean i believe that but also i doubt that's an actual leak

pretty much anyone could say that

idk if you can call it a leak tbh, it doesn't reveal any specific information about what happens except basically 'it's good'

the music wasnt too great too tbh it seemed like more rehashes cascade was a better song (note how the songs in the collide album are listed separately too idk it seems less like the songs were 1 whole thing like in cascade

and yeah at the end i was like. well…they killed the condesce but what else did they do

idk cascade was pretty clearly four separate songs, but I guess they did flow together decently

Now that Act 6 is done with, what the hell is Act 7 supposed to be about? Is this a comic where there is a plot anymore? I don't feel like there is a plot anymore. It feels like we dropped the plot somewhere around Act 5 Act 2 but I can't put my finger on it. The only reason I'm still keeping up with this is because I want some closure damnit.

defeating English and creating the new universe? i don't fucking know

also i checked the Homestuck subreddit and people are going crazy in love with this, are we the outlier

all they can talk about is how great Hussie is for making shrek a canon Homestuck character

Billy The Kitten said:
they killed the condesce but what else did they do
q3eNZnh.png
7Y3HRez.png
qpNa5g8.png
VtdLida.png

Yeah they won some major battles but i wanted to see the lord english battle go well, but it was pretty underwhelming and the entire thing had no build up.

Chiaki Nanami said:
I don't feel like there is a plot anymore.
There's still a plot, but what even happened at the end when the screen went black and white?

The only thing that really bothered me was very little production value in terms of animation- there wasn't much animation going on outside of Hussie's sprite-focused fighting game/RPG sections, mostly relying on image-manipulated static artwork. Once I got over that, I was able to enjoy it more- I understand that Hussie had kind of worked himself into a corner with this, but getting proper animators on board for this flash shouldn't have been that difficult. I'm not saying each fight should've had full-motion, anime-tiers of production (and I liked Hussie's brawler segments), but the climax of Homestuck shouldn't have been a powerpoint presentation.

Since very little of this was Hussie, I'm still holding out hope for Act 7 having a real Flash for us to enjoy. It'd be a shame to go out without one after Game Over.

The Pyro Guy said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
I don't feel like there is a plot anymore.
There's still a plot, but what even happened at the end when the screen went black and white?
I feel like that's just a special effect that doesn't need to be over-analysed like crazy.

I liked the artwork, the dad part, and that particular video game reference in the LE fight.

Other than that, it was wacky enough to be interesting, but interesting in the same way that a bag of potato chips is food: Nice for just casual munching, but eventually you're going to abandon it for something more wholesome and filling.

More on the bit about production values, compare today's update to even a Flash like Jade: Enter

I honestly feel like a lot of the disappointment here is related to production values. Jade: Enter was the shit when it dropped, and it used a lot of proper animation from Hussie. The mostly-stills from the most recent Flash look pretty stale in comparison.

I can still get hype-goosebumps from watching Enter, but this newest Flash was mostly "okay so that's what's going on".

Back