Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Bill Cipher said:
PleasefusewithGCatinsteadpleasefusewithGcatinsteadpleasefusewithGCatinstead
Oh dayum, I didn't consider that! She's already the right theme and colour and everything... And seeing as the other "joke character" Equius turns out to be part of what went into LE, while Feferi's bit-character status was compensated by Meenah being a secondary character, it'd make sense if Nepeta turned out to be important after all. (Or not and it could be a "psyche" moment - that's also possible.)

Also, I'm surprised nothing came of the button placebo give to Tavrossprite - you'd think he'd have Coraline button eyes or some other second-prototyping side-effects now from touching it...

Looks like the button ruse was a distaction.

Still wonder if Nepeta's gonna touch GCATavrossrite, although there's no obvious portmanteau there so maybe not. Should have known that there'd be no God!Nepeta just by looking at the spelling, really...

So everyone is going to become part cat, huh?

edit: also tavros proving again why he's still the best troll

So there's something that doesn't fully make sense to me, so maybe somebody can help me with that.

How does Tavros fusing with GCAT neutralize the latter as a threat? It's the same principle as with Jade, but there it makes sense because Jade is human. Cobalt blood powers can only make humans fall asleep, so Jade can be kept in check by that.

But Tavros is a troll, susceptible to the full extent of mind manipul8tion. He can be woken up, or made to do pretty much anything the empress wants. All it really does is maybe give Vriska a token chance to counteract the empress' mind control with her own, but I don't know how much good that would actually do, since the latter would probably overpower Vriska anyway.

I guess the idea is that they'll hide him away with Jade, and if she doesn't know where they are, the Condesce can't use her powers - which probably would override Vriska, especially since she has the rustblood animal control powers backing up her regular mind-control powers.

But can mind powers wake up trolls? I can't remember any instances, and the one time Vriska manipul8ted Terezi in her sleep, it was via the psychic double-reacharound, having the awake Tavros control the unborn Dragon Lusus to suggest to Terezi to go look at the sun, which she went along with of her own free will.

Actually, the Condesce's control works more like the Dragon than Vriska's too, since she didn't completely control Jade either - just flipped an evil switch and then she went along with her plans. Maybe it's a reference to how she's LE's dragon, lol.

okay so i finally caught up with the last like eight updates and i gotta say that the conversation with the two vriskas and meenah was honestly amazing

like i've been pretty disinterested in everything that's going on but that was some amazing writing right there and i gotta give hussie props for that

also
DAVE: he MIGHT be vulnerable to welsh things too
honestly i'm so mad how much sense this makes

I can't be the only one who thought that Arquisprite's face looked like Nightmare from Kirby.

wkT76H4.png
uglymofo.jpg

Just look at it.

Yeah, the song choice was perfect for ensuring feels happened over the photo montage.

Also, a minor detail, but it was nice to see art of Equius that's not way too grossly buff, but more like the sort of reasonable musculature you'd expect in a (STRONG) 13-year-old, and like how Hussie drew him originally.

It's interesting how even the dead kids who were kissed/ascended to god tier also spawned ghosts. Like, that must be such a raw deal to be the version that gets to linger in limbo while the other you, who did the exact same thing, gets to go on living. Especially for the beheaded Dirk: it's like, he planned it out so that he'd get to live, and did everything right, but nope, he's dead. The fact that Dream Jade was a ghost and met the Alpha Trolls and such before being prototyped indicated that even the "copies" of the alpha timeline kids become ghosts all along, and then I guess all the PJ'd ministrife sprites also indicated that happens (and wasn't just like, making as many versions of characters as possible, plus a few alt costumes and minus a few conspicuously absent God Tier A2 trolls), but it's good to see it at the forefront here, rather than forgotten early instalment weirdness.

I wonder how all the Game Over ghosts, and the leftover from God Tier-ing ghosts, will factor back into the story (besides Terezi remembering the other her's experiences, like Rose did back in the day, and how the sprites apparently get to tap into their other selves, especially once double-prototyped). As generic canonfodder for LE like how the Davesprite!John who dated GO!Vriska died, or will there actually be some closure - at least for the GO!ghosts, seeing as we spent a lot of time with that doomed timeline? Aradia and Sollux at least look like they're gonna be part of the big army shebang, anyway; it'd be interesting to know how the retcon affected them - like are there extra copies of them too, who then got oblivioned when the Doomed timeline timed out, like Davesprite!Rose? Also, it just occurred to me, seeing as all the other GO!sprites hitched a ride on LOWAS, did the other ARquius avoid oblivion too, and in that case, which one gets sucked into Cal? And how does the retcon factor into the origins of the Cal twins? I really hope that everything gets tied up all neat and tidy in the end...

Walkazo said:
Like, that must be such a raw deal to be the version that gets to linger in limbo while the other you, who did the exact same thing, gets to go on living. Especially for the beheaded Dirk: it's like, he planned it out so that he'd get to live, and did everything right, but nope, he's dead.
Those aren't doomed offshoots, if that's what you meant. The Dirk, John, Rose, Roxy we saw are all from the alpha timeline. When ascending to god tier or kissed, it's the dreamself that takes over, and the real self dies for good and appears in the dream bubbles.

No, I didn't mean they're doomed timeline offshoots: I said "the dead kids who were kissed/ascended to god tier also spawned ghosts." I.e. instead of the timeline branching, the kid branches: until the point of death, both the dream and real self have the same life, just toggling between the bodies (except Dirk, who had one life simultaneously running the two bodies), but then when the bodies are separated by one dying, the life splits too, and from that point on, the experiences of the living copy are separate from the one that wakes up in the Dream Bubbles (whether the living copy's the god-teir'd dream self, the kissed dream self, or the real self in the case of the dream self getting killed first). All I'm saying is that it would suck to be the copy that has to go on as the spent-life Ghost instead of the extra-life living copy.

But to be clear, there were doomed timeline ghosts shown waking up in the flash too: i.e. Jake, Jane, Jade and Dave and of course Terezi from Game Over.

Shit, that was fucking emotional. There have been a few parts recently where I've really been connecting to the characters and this was definitely one of them. I love that song and it was used really well here, and Terezi's monologue just gives me so many feelings.

Back