Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
SO HE HAS HUGGY BEAR WHICH MEANS HE'S BEEN TO THE B2 UNIVERSE BEFORE HE VISITED CALIBORN

BUT HE LOST HIS WINGS WHEN CALIBORN SHOT THEM AND DIDN'T HAVE THEM WHEN HE WAS IN THE B2 UNIVERSE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARITHNERGINEORIANERNOGIEURMGOIEI

So I'm guessing that Caliborn sent the code to Jane under the guise of Calliope, and gave false codes to both her and Jake. Since it's pretty much explicit that one of the Jujus is Cal, I'm thinking the other is the magic cue ball.

SiFi said:
So I'm guessing that Caliborn sent the code to Jane under the guise of Calliope, and gave false codes to both her and Jake. Since it's pretty much explicit that one of the Jujus is Cal, I'm thinking the other is the magic cue ball.

And thus was the good Doctor born.

Bulbasaur said:
by proving them right?
considering all the characters, in all his comics (except for dersites and trolls and cherubs) are white, i don't see what the big deal is

it's just like a video game thing, you know? is legend of zelda racist because link is always white?

Hussie specifically stated that none of the characters of Homestuck have any race- like a coloring book sort of deal- when asked

he decided that Trickster Mode Jane, however, has a canonical Caucasian skin color, which is resulting in a swarm of people getting pissy about him "bringing race into it" and "ruining Homestuck" (the I'M FEELING CAUCASIAN line didn't come in until after people started flipping out)

JAVELIN YOU ARE SO DARN STUBBORN

THIS TRANSFORMATION ELEVATES JANE TO "AMONG THE BEST" TIER

IF SHE WAS STUPIDLY OVERPOWERED THEN SHE'D HAVE EFFORTLESSLY SOLVED A PROBLEM OF SOME KIND BY NOW

AS IT IS SHE'S CAUSING NOTHING BUT TROUBLE, AND EVEN THEN IT ISN'T ANYTHING TOO BIG

AND "NO APPARENT REASON" ARE YOU EVEN PAYING ATTENTION

JUJUS

CHERUB MAGIC

mMiIrRaAcClLeEsS

oh wow you really haven't been paying attention

To be honest, I couldn't really see the skin color thing at all initially. When I first saw the update, I thought her skin tone was supposed to resemble cookie dough or something (I mean, she even has a muffin in her hair).

I still can't say I like the update that much. I have trouble seeing that this is still the same comic that I started to like some time ago. Everything is so meta now. I mean, of course Hamsteak was always meta to a degree, but the amount the outside world is bleeding into the comic lately... I don't know. For me it feels like it is suffocating the plot. The plot which is barely even there at this point. <_>

Many of the big earlier conflicts (which still haven't really been concluded) have been replaced by whimsical new shenanigans. A bunch of acts ago Bec Noir was supposed to be a big deal. The whole plot was centered around finding a way to overcome his threat. Then all of that was very unceremonially discarded by Vriska who basically said "What? Bec Noir? That's old news, there's a new guy now!". This new threat surfacing was mostly handled in abridged form. When he appeared in the comic, everyone just sorta knew about him already. It feels like everything is just being replaced left and right, nothing is properly introduced anymore, everything is just assumed to have been there all the time. New characters are brought in for no reason, no older plot threads are tied up satisfyingly, no closure is given. And ironically, even though Calibore is now the biggest threat to the characters by far, the actual suspense I get from that threat is miniscule because everything that is at stake I don't even really care about. Maybe that's the purpose of the comic: Setting up the ultimate irony of having a villain who is so stupidly dangerous that actually nothing relevant is at stake.

I'm beginning to think that everyone actually died around the time the Green Sun was created. Gamzee was the only survivor and he is now sitting in a circle of everyone's heads, trying to tell and conclude the story in a way that makes sense to a homicidal clown.

Charmander said:
The plot which is barely even there at this point. <_>

dude

DUBE

Every little thing has some form of significance at some point.

Betty Crocker. The Horrorterrors (and, by extension, the Squiddles). Marquise Spinnernet Mindfang. Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. Problem Sleuth's Fan-Reqested Game Commands. I'm still waiting for GameBro's time to shine, but I bet we'll see it.

This is what's happening with Trickster Mode. It already seems like a big deal, considering the implication that it's responsible for Cal, the Warhammer of Zillyhoo, and the Squiddles.

Back