Toad, a worthy candidate for SSB4 (reasons and moveset provided).

I'd argue against 3D Land, he's really only there for Toad Houses and the occasional Star Medal, I don't really count that as a major appearance

Wow this thread has existed before we even knew there was going to be an SSB4 (Not that there was any doubt that there would be one).

Anyway, unfortunately unless Peach's moveset is changed or the Default Toad is of a different color (Perhaps the Blue toad even if that might annoy Toad fans, but would you rather have a different colored Toad in the default spot or no playable Toad at all?). Toad's chances have likely decreased once again.

Northern Verve said:
Wow this thread has existed before we even knew there was going to be an SSB4 (Not that there was any doubt that there would be one).

No, it was known when this thread was made. Iwata mentioned SSB4 at E3 2011, which was 2 months before this thread was posted.

Deku Link said:
Anser said:
THE Toad is already Peach's B move, so, once again, not happening.

Not true; there are many variants of Toad, so don't say it is 100% for sure never in a million years won't happen.

I never said that it's 100% for sure never in a million years it won't happen; don't be exaggerated. I just said that THIS time around it's not going to happen. And, as far as I'm concerned, there is only ONE Toad that stands out from the rest of the species, and it's clearly the one Peach uses. They're not going to add another Toad as playable if it looks exactly the same as another fighter's move.

Anser said:
Deku Link said:
Anser said:

Not true; there are many variants of Toad, so don't say it is 100% for sure never in a million years won't happen.

I never said that it's 100% for sure never in a million years it won't happen; don't be exaggerated. I just said that THIS time around it's not going to happen. And, as far as I'm concerned, there is only ONE Toad that stands out from the rest of the species, and it's clearly the one Peach uses. They're not going to add another Toad as playable if it looks exactly the same as another fighter's move.

Simple solution: make Peach's Toad a different color.

Toadlight Eightyfarkle said:
Anser said:
Deku Link said:
Anser said:

But they didn't. We already saw her using Toad in this game. Maybe for Smash Bros. 5.

Why don't you guys ask Peach to put down Toad and let him fight alone? :P

But as some people said, Nintendo was willing to favor Rosalina over Toad in 3D Land, so Toad has an even smaller chance.

Anser said:
Anser said:
Deku Link said:
Anser said:

But they didn't. We already saw her using Toad in this game. Maybe for Smash Bros. 5.

fuck.

oh well, there's always hope with the assist trophies.

Anser said:
Anser said:
Deku Link said:
Anser said:

fuck.

oh well, there's always hope with the assist trophies.

Another thing was that people were saying that "oh look, Spirit Tracks Link is a part of a stage; confirmed no Toon Link as playable."

And you saw how that turned out.

I mean, I don't care so much for Toad, and honestly his appearance/no appearance will be indifferent to me, but I mean, there is still a chance that he can get in, because I mean, Nintendo does some...ahem, interesting things. Example - Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World.

Deku Link said:
I mean, Nintendo does some...ahem, interesting things. Example - Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World.
That's could be even worse since Toad has even got no SMB playable appearance (in main gameplay) so far. Well, just hope that there won't be too many Mario representives or odd newcomers.

Anser said:
Anser said:
Deku Link said:
Anser said:

Toad isn't going to be playable in Smash Bros 4.

YES.

Today's Miiverse screenshot is probably a kick to the balls for Toad fans. It has a group shot of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad to commemorate Super Mario 3D World. But Toad is still being using as Peach's attack.

Hawlucha said:
Anser said:
Anser said:
Deku Link said:
Anser said:

Toad isn't going to be playable in Smash Bros 4.

YES.

no need to rub it in.

I'm not feeling bad just because I don't want to see too many Mario characters in this game. But for those who say yes, perhaps they want to show their hates.

I wanted Toad to be playable, but considering how SM3DW has come out in Japan and we still have no news of Toad, I think it's safe to say he won't become a playable character.

I know he was Peach's Neutral Special move, but still. You never know. :P But I guess we know now.

Dorayaki said:
But for those who say yes, perhaps they want to show their hates.
"those who say yes" - i think that's just me

i mean, i argued against propeller toad this entire thread

and now i have victory

sorry if i'm guilty of excessive celebration, but i wanted to enjoy this moment

Hawlucha said:
Dorayaki said:
But for those who say yes, perhaps they want to show their hates.
"those who say yes" - i think that's just me

i mean, i argued against propeller toad this entire thread

and now i have victory

sorry if i'm guilty of excessive celebration, but i wanted to enjoy this moment

Technically you don't have full victory until the full roster of SSB4 is revealed. Even if of course we know already that Toad's chances are really low now. But Sakurai's thrown curveballs before. (ROB was revealed as an enemy in the story mode long before we knew it'd end up being a playable characters).

Toad's only hope is that Sakurai cares enough to use him to curveball/surprise us.

Back